The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

47 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Looking good and it's only the middle of March - so just finishing your first build is fine for all of us except John who I think has three or four already beautifully finished builds so far this year.🏆

I reckon I’ll just squeeze the GB and maybe one more this year………

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For me , all the way from Taiwan in 6 days , Bronco's Brit AFV crews. As with most of my Bronco experiences , the moulding are quite heavy, but will be interested to see if that gives a better or worse definition to the finished figure. Some nice poses and mix of uniforms , even down to an arm division badge . 

IMG-1154.jpg

IMG-1150.jpg

IMG-1151.jpg

IMG-1152.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

For me , all the way from Taiwan in 6 days , Bronco's Brit AFV crews. As with most of my Bronco experiences , the moulding are quite heavy, but will be interested to see if that gives a better or worse definition to the finished figure. Some nice poses and mix of uniforms , even down to an arm division badge . 

IMG-1154.jpg

IMG-1150.jpg

IMG-1151.jpg

IMG-1152.jpg

Love the bloke casually drinking his tea!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

Doing a GB on another site.1/72 Airfix B-25B/C RAF a really nice kit looks like it would finish well in NM so I will give it a shot before the OD.;)

B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 004.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 005.JPG

Sweet!  Saw a picture on IG today of a cammo Connie.  THAT would be pretty cool so intersted to see how your shiny (or not) bird turns out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CANicoll said:

Sweet!  Saw a picture on IG today of a camo Connie.  THAT would be pretty cool so interested to see how your shiny (or not) bird turns out.

The plane will finish up in OD/Neutral Grey;)

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Looking mighty good and completely agree the B-25 will look awesome in a NMF

I have one in 1/72 NMF Peter I think Hasegawa in doing the NMF is the base for some weathering later I suck with pencils,besides I want to see how Airfix looks in metal.;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KevinM said:

Doing a GB on another site.1/72 Airfix B-25B/C RAF a really nice kit looks like it would finish well in NM so I will give it a shot before the OD.;)

B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 004.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 005.JPG

Nice! I picked up the recent Eduard rebox of the Hasegawa B-25s so hopefully will get to them one day. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Thats looking the dogs wobs ! 

13 hours ago, harv said:

Wow, that's amazing !. Love it....harv 

Cheers guys. Getting there with it slowly but surely 

• Like 4

Got bored watching glue dry on the Seaview diorama so I jumped on this quick build as a time filler.  Just doing paint work on the engine/prop.  The rest will be done like a bar display.   
I can see how easy it would be to want to go super detail on one of these kits.  Not sure how one would go about the windshield though. I guess vacuum form one? 66AA7E04-8997-4387-A541-0AFECEFC440A.thumb.jpeg.27e1b9195325af6789ade571a7fb19e4.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This might actually be cool.I think the wood is Birch and I still need to plane it down and router it.I am thinking of something like French Submarine yard maybe a pic dacapodged to the base like what the bomber saw and brass plate up front?

B-25 Mitchell 001.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KevinM said:

This might actually be cool.I think the wood is Birch and I still need to plane it down and router it.I am thinking of something like French Submarine yard maybe a pic dacapodged to the base like what the bomber saw and brass plate up front?

B-25 Mitchell 001.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG

Cool! There's a company called Coastal Kits that sell 2D backgrounds and bases. One of them might be good as a cover for the base. 

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/113251835326?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=upAoq4Z9SeO&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=J7xpuL_STvq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KevinM said:

B-25 Mitchell 001.JPG

B-25 Mitchell 002.JPG

Very cool idea!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

Going to be pretty cool and everyone loves the DH Beaver. I remember years ago on LSP, Brian going all ot on the kit - loads of possibilities. Looking forward to following your build.

I remember that one too !!....harv