The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

My last count I have 3 De-Walt routers plus other tools, comes from renovating our last house built around 1550.........

I have just the one Makita compact router. A plunge router would have been perfect for this project. 

Speaking of which,

IMG_20200610_174858.thumb.jpg.d9787cf693a1f001b8f6aa78e5ce5cf9.jpg

It's sort of together. I need to make some adjustments so I can get it actually fastened together. I didn't compensate enough for the extra thickness of the wood I used. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

My last count I have 3 De-Walt routers plus other tools, comes from renovating our last house built around 1550.........

Finished at 10 minutes to 4? Just in time for a spot of Tea!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I started this little Academy guy yesterday as well. Joy to build

Nice, it's a great kit and doesn't even need a gun ;). I built this one in three days, when I had a flu, some years ago. Not my best, but definitely my fastest build.

Cheers Rob

P1100399.thumb.JPG.ed7a12a531d92d8a34249d665c2fafc2.JPG

• Like 3

Blimey Phil,

It only took 5 years to restore Windsor Castle after the fire!

You poor Beggar... I'm having to patch up the door jambs and back-fill with plaster to make repairs here because they don't make the mouldings in that style anymore. But everything in your place would need to be bespoke after 7 centuries. A labour of love, and/or a right pain in the Bum.

IMG20200611203608.thumb.jpg.8cfcea01d5a5795d03a0c63dee8e446e.jpg

S

• Like 5

If at first you don't succeed...

....cover up all evidence you tried.:huh:

My first attempt at the new shelves didn't go so well. As in I couldn't get them to go together correctly. In trying to do so, I made them worse. 

So I started over and had more success.

IMG_20200611_160831.thumb.jpg.447d7838f7984b84066af26aa728159a.jpg

I just need to put the doors on and drop in the shelves. 

Carl

• Like 7

Nice work with the shelf, bueno. The extra space is well needed.
I recently bought this:
https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/syvde-schrank-mit-vitrinentueren-weiss-30439565/
because it is deeper than the others. It's depth is more than 40 cm on the inside, which should be enough for my AEG G.IV, if it ever arrives and got build. The width is one meter on the outside. It's spacy, but obviously has no glass on the sides.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

For the big(ger) stuff, I have an Ikea Bësta. It'll just fit a 1/32 F-4E or Mosquito inside it. The rear wall has a mirror insert for some reason. 

IMG_20190608_163242-L.jpg

Unfortunately they don't make those doors any more only all solid like the ones on the bottom. I should have grabbed more at the time. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, GusMac said:

Hi Rob you can also try the Malsjo

Seems to have very similar dimensions, but less boards. For me it is more about storing finished kits, than presenting, so space is the main issue. My Syvde shelf is in the workroom and for me there is no need for side walls made from glas, but if someone is looking for LS-storage in the living area, this might be a possibility.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

So, I was in the middle of applying decals to a Trumpeter Ju 87B, and noticed the same call-out number was given to a marking on one of the landing gear and one on the side of the engine cowling. Looking closely at the decal to see if I could figure out the German enough to determine where actually went I discovered it was just a string of random consonants and a few vowels that looked more like a pretend copy of Norwegian rather than German. Granted, it took an optivisor to make them out, but seriously is it that much harder to scale down an actual German phrase? And if you're going to use actual German on all the other markings, why fake two of them?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Yeah I know, it's 1/48, but it is on my bench in the moment. After cleaning most of the plastic parts and getting rid of the ridiculous stitching detail of the Eduard Siemens Schuckert, which I guess would cause so much drag, that the original plane would not be able to fly with it.
Some before/after pics:
IMG_7236.thumb.JPG.841924d7bfd1c1cdb44c0f092b2ac8cc.JPG

IMG_7237.thumb.JPG.ae4a760790cb89fef9d3d3a92eb8f661.JPG

Then I started with the Brassin engine. Resin wise it's a simple and well detailed three piece affair, but the pushrods should be made of PE. While I don't like it, I cut 22 pushrods with some spares from 0,2 mm silver nickel rod. To get them all evenly with their 5 mm length, I drilled a 0,3 mm hole through a fitting piece of wood and cut the rods with my sharp cutter.

IMG_7268.thumb.JPG.897a4ba9c62cdd4d1d73636695df1aa4.JPG

IMG_7270.thumb.JPG.b4b4eb47ff17e1002a9548bec430f716.JPG

IMG_7269.thumb.JPG.6c230adc91bd6f4f25cc29aa1acbda1f.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 6