Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

"Special" Tamiya P-51

51 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Somebody is in luck :)   Awesome and generous move buddy :unworthy:

Cheers

M.

I gave up on the bearcat, it was given to me, but so heavily modified that I would have to buy $45 worth of sprues to resurrect it. I would rather someone who could use the parts instead, so the "Pay it forward" has been fulfilled.

• Like 5

I guess you could call this a riveting update.....literally.   Archer rivets showed up and I spent some time applying them and painting the rear section.  Dont know how well they show in pictures, but I'm very pleased with them in person. 

20190424_172901.jpg

20190424_172930.jpg

20190424_173018.jpg

20190424_173049.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 4/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, TJTX said:

Thanks Peter.

Gotthe correct glare shield painted.  I may hit it with some smoke to weather it a bit but I like the sun faded black look.  Much better now I believe.   

20190422_163304.jpg

Tony, I thought I'd mention this simply because it's a NATS build and just the fact that your builds are always super, super clean and precise.

This is an extremely minor nit I'm pointing out, and one that might not even get noticed, BUT, here it is, anyway.

Check your stick and stick boot. In the pic, the mold parting line is quite visible. If it is so in person, maybe give it a 2 second scrape to get rid of it.  It might just be the flash of the camera or the lighting, but knowing you, and the precise nature you build,.....

I'm always very, very hesitant to say anything, but just take a second to put the Mk. 1 eyeball on it with a penlight as they do at The NATS, and see if it shows....

• Like 5

Did a quick fit, and no issues yet, not because I'm good but because I am using a Tamiya kit.  I am enjoying the subtle differences this build portrays.  Martin,  I'm just going to live with the seat issue, don't tell anybody ;).

20190425_165059.jpg

20190425_174657.jpg

• Like 9

Tony

Looking mighty sweet and I'm more in tune with Ernie that the judges might notice the seam on the boot and not know it really  represents an actual seam. Martin's suggestion an adding a bit of stitching is a great idea.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

A quick note Bearcat's prop was 30 inches shorter in diameter then the Aeropoduct prop. . That's roughly 0.937 inch .

This is exactly what I was about to ask! I'll shave off the tip........then she'll be perfect. 

Edit:

That seems like A TON off the prop?

20190427_171208.jpg

• Like 4