The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

LRDG with 20mm Breda

They are rubber tyres, the kit is elderly but still fantastic. The 20mm is from Italeri, it’s not bad at all. Didn’t care much to having being towed.  Thanks for the pics Martin. 

I also bought the SAS jeep to add to a future diorama........haven’t built one of those since the mid 70’s......

• Like 3

Hi Phil, seems to be more a paint log than a build log :D, as the construction phase seems to be almost finished. However, I will follow closely and hope to get some new ideas out of your painting and weathering. I have a basic Tamiya Jeep with a Legend SAS conversion set and some Alpine figures waiting, so count me in.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A small update, life keeps getting in the way of modelling. In studying photos the sides have to lowered back to the original truck sides and an additional sides added to restrain kit etc. On side down front and other side to remove / add......

57C25ED2-50DD-4390-B912-0F13631C2AD7.thumb.jpeg.4448c1d7a929e82408d20890ec43acbd.jpeg

• Like 5

Another update, since I’ve been on LSM you guys have inspired me to step out of just building OOB. With that here’s the latest. Found in the AM stash some Resicast sand channels and some very fine RB chain.....also added a spare wheel sponson because of the Breda in the back......8126986E-3462-4DD1-84BE-BD61EAF613E1.thumb.jpeg.a3d818e10e1ddaf1cde61114dbbf7612.jpeg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I like the additions, too.  There are so many little things that add depth to a vehicle build that don't come with most oob

Thanks Gaz, you’re totally correct, I don’t have the luxury of unlimited bench-time but adding these small embellishments is very satisfying.......

• Like 4

Hi Phil, I like your build and the additions look good and add character. Right now I read a book about SAS actions in the Vosges mountains and they deploy airdropped Jeeps there. Be sure, that after a while not two of them looked alike. The freedom with armor building lies in lots of modifications in the field or on your bench ;), which likewise would be historical correct or fit your imagination, it's up to you.

Keep it coming with your inspirational build.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Phil, I like your build and the additions look good and add character. Right now I read a book about SAS actions in the Vosges mountains and they deploy airdropped Jeeps there. Be sure, that after a while not two of them looked alike. The freedom with armor building lies in lots of modifications in the field or on your bench ;), which likewise would be historical correct or fit your imagination, it's up to you.

Keep it coming with your inspirational build.

Cheers Rob

Never thought of it that way , Rob, good advice for guys like me.......  I really like the way you put that tid bit...

• Like 3

ADA967D1-47B9-48DC-B17F-421D27BFA6A8.thumb.jpeg.a7294df442abe93e3f9cb51ca952967f.jpegAnother update, getting close now. Unfortunately Sunday evening and that’s it for another week.......so wish I had a job I could get home at 5.30pm instead of 8.00pm at the earliest. Anyway probably another 4 hours on this and that’s it. 

• Like 9