The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Next group build/contest?

TJTX

9 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Poor old Martin ............as they always say revenge is a dish served cold............:stirthepot:

All he would have to do is send out for some of Ernie's magical Goosey Goose Scotch and he'd be just fine!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, TJTX said:

Civilian birds?  That certainly covers conversions.

The "civilian" GB on LSP was a complete flop, participation-wise ... Unfortunately (IMHO°, most modellers seem to want their models bristling with guns and bombs ;)

Hubert

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mikester said:

I'm supposedly the "GB Coordinator".  The last few GBs we've tried to run have been, to put it bluntly, flops.  Of course since then we've had a good influx of new members so I'm willing to give it another go.  I'd like enough participation to keep it interesting and maybe we can even line up a prize or two.

This June marks the the 75th anniversary of Overlord/D-Day so that might be an interesting subject to cover. 

Throw out some ideas and we'll see what we can come up with.

Themes have got to be general enough to attract different entries. Even when the much awaited Tamiya P-51 came out with a lot of hype, a P-51 GB was not interesting enough for significant participation... I'd venture the same would apply to a Fw-190 GB.

"Overlord" could be one theme, all the more so if you authorise targets (aka tanks or armour) on top of the aircrafts.

Other options could be based around the engine type ("Just jets", or "Radial engines", or "Water-cooled", or a theme imposing a color in the finish (like black, or red, or blue, or yellow, etc.). People participate in GB for the fun of it, if the theme does not constraint them to tackle a specific kit, or scheme. Give them the freedom to fit their choice of subject within the GB theme.

Just my :2c:

Hubert

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Very good point Hubert. I actually like Radials as a GB is great idea! Everyone has his favourite radial, BMW 139 for instance :)  

e6637d22611692d1b968df47a3e5ef30.gif

You can even fit a B-24 in the theme, or a WnW kit with a rotary engine ... just sayin' B)

Hubert

• Like 5

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Mikester said:

I'm supposedly the "GB Coordinator".  The last few GBs we've tried to run have been, to put it bluntly, flops.  Of course since then we've had a good influx of new members so I'm willing to give it another go.  I'd like enough participation to keep it interesting and maybe we can even line up a prize or two.

This June marks the the 75th anniversary of Overlord/D-Day so that might be an interesting subject to cover. 

Throw out some ideas and we'll see what we can come up with.

Mike, THAT is a great idea.  A D-Day theme is an idea that might just even bring in folks from other sites to participate.   I really like the idea of prizes as well. I’d have it open to everything Overlord related, not just aircraft. There’s more than a few AFV guys around here, and even some aircraft guys that cross over at times.

I think it’s be a hit!

• Like 7

• Members
21 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Mike, THAT is a great idea.  A D-Day theme is an idea that might just even bring in folks from other sites to participate.   I really like the idea of prizes as well. I’d have it open to everything Overlord related, not just aircraft. There’s more than a few AFV guys around here, and even some aircraft guys that cross over at times.

I think it’s be a hit!

I always prefer to do a GB that includes aircraft and AFVs.  Lots of great subject material for this one.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, coolboxx said:

I will be in for sure. Hummm hazzy or reveey.

Fw190overEurope2Profils.jpg

Revell will have the correct wing undersides for a 17xxxx W.Nr... if that's a consideration for you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

NOw that is just evil!

Actually, it's an easy one. Open the box, dump the contents in a shredder with a bottle of glue and you're done! 

It's out of the box and it's glued together :D

Carl

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

I think it’s be a hit!

7 hours ago, Mikester said:

I always prefer to do a GB that includes aircraft and AFVs.  Lots of great subject material for this one.

I think this could be a lot of fun. So many options for land and air, and maybe even some sea with the Italeri 1/35 LCM and torpedo boats. 

Carl

• Like 5