Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Telford 2019 - Show Pictures.

Bomber_County

BB GUNS and air rifles and pellets are not illegal in the UK.. 

you can't fire air rifle within 15 meters of another property .

you are not allowed to fire air rifle/BB gun where the pellets Go outside the boundary where you are when shooting... they must be confined to the area where you are.

BB Guns use projectiles..not to be confused with ball bearings.

its complicated and answer is too long but it does not come under section 1 of the Firearms Act but all Fireatms cone under section 5 of the Firearms Act.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Any word on when the O/100 is gonna drop? I know it says late 2019/early 2020, but if it drops early enough Santa might stop by and grab one for me. It looks mighty close.

I did speak to Richard Alexander about the Lanc but not about the HP, sorry. It does look very close though.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

You can’t buy ball bearings anywhere in the UK ( going to be proved wrong now) so I got them. They do help with the mixing, do you put one or two in.......

I put one in the dropper-type bottles and two in larger bottles and jars. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Phil -

Are BB/pellet guns legal in the UK? I ask because I see you bought some of the paint mixing balls. Here in the U.S. I bought a container of 1000 for about the same price you paid for those, so I had enough for every jar of paint I own and more for the future.

And a few extra to shoot at garden pests.

Problem is, BB’s are cheap low grade metal, stainless nuts or hardened bearings will not corrode inside paint. You drop something steel, aluminum, or copper inside a bottle of paint, you will have problems in a year.

i bought a small bag of 100 marine grade stainless 3mm nuts for a few dollars, I still have half the bag 2 years later.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Phil, thank you so, so much for those pictures.

I'm absolutely floored by the quality of the work that gets shown at Telford.  You folks have some of the most talented builders in the world in the UK, plus you can also pull from all of Europe as well.

Absolutely outstanding, and I've now come to the conclusion that I MUST build a Raiden in NMF.

That Kingfisher diorama is easily the coolest I've ever seen, anywhere, anyplace, ever. If the quality is as good in person as it appears in your pictures, it's a show winner for sure.

The table full of Mugs was something else as well. WOW!

I saw somewhere else some pioctures of what looked like an HPH C-47 built to a flawless standard.  Have you any idea who built that? I'd love to know.

And that armor! I'm not really an armor guy, but those looked positively REAL.

• Like 3

• Administrators
20 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Phil -

Are BB/pellet guns legal in the UK? I ask because I see you bought some of the paint mixing balls. Here in the U.S. I bought a container of 1000 for about the same price you paid for those, so I had enough for every jar of paint I own and more for the future.

And a few extra to shoot at garden pests.

I use a simple Red Ryder BB gun against garden pests and invasive Sparrows.  My biggest pet peeve ever is having bird droppings all over my stoop, and I've used fake snakes, fake owls, fishing line tied up around the prime real estate on my ledges, noisemakers, smelly stuff I spray on, but they still build.  I'll knock the nests down as they're being built, and most eventually get the hint after two or three demolitions, but once or twice a year, there's always one..... and they get taken out by the BB gun.   I don't like doing it, but if they are left to their own devices, they'll invade.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Phil, thank you so, so much for those

Thanks Ernie, I was conscious of trying to appeal to everyone’s tastes. When I saw the Mugs I had a chuckle to myself. Did you the big B52.........they had a C47 for sale, I think about £700. The Kingfisher was stunning. Glad you enjoyed them.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Ernie, I was conscious of trying to appeal to everyone’s tastes. When I saw the Mugs I had a chuckle to myself. Did you the big B52.........they had a C47 for sale, I think about £700. The Kingfisher was stunning. Glad you enjoyed them.

700 Crowns for a C-47???  Good bloody gravy! I trhink I paid somewhere around 650 DOLLARS for mine.

I'm not sure if I'll ever splurge on a B-52. It depends on the B-36 and how she goes together. I'm waiting for the B-47 myself.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

Problem is, BB’s are cheap low grade metal, stainless nuts or hardened bearings will not corrode inside paint. You drop something steel, aluminum, or copper inside a bottle of paint, you will have problems in a year.

i bought a small bag of 100 marine grade stainless 3mm nuts for a few dollars, I still have half the bag 2 years later.

If you search around you can find better grade BB's. At any rate, I go through my Tamiya fairly fast as I build a lot of German armor and am turning those grays, browns, greens, and yellows over every couple of months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phartycr0c said:

On the subject of the DC3 This really did blow my skirt up! 

49090728101_c3af52cbae_k.jpg

49090731866_c8a4c31e4c_k.jpg

49090737891_da3e850e5b_k.jpg

49090230543_385db52bf3_k.jpg

Imagine what it could be like in polished aluminium, with a civilian livery and seats inside :wub: ...

Come on, HpH, if you want to sell more of these, give us the civilian version.

Hubert

• Like 3