Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-84.

Work has begun on the Hayate. Sadly I deleted the photo. However I can share how lucky I am. A 15 minute bus ride takes me to whole the range of GSI and Tamiya products.

Why am I lucky? GSI offers a range of paints covering virtually all the colours used by Japanese corporate weapons builders. My all time favourite modelling subject is Japanese military. I don't know why. I just like the shapes.

The current build is a Nakajima Hayate. I have this.

0VCgr5.jpg

Here is my stash of Japanese paints.

klcqle.jpg

The Ki-84 is a very simple kit. I won't screw it up. :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, harv said:

Dale, I am always impressed with your skills. Looks awesome!....harv :popcorn:

Hi Harv. Sadly I cannot match 1to1scale.

I am going to be very careful with this build. I still can't get over my breaking the p-40 so close after the seiran and Dinah. Those I can repair. The kittyhawk is a write off. I still have the wings with my putty canvass. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Hi Harv. Sadly I cannot match 1to1scale.

I am going to be very careful with this build. I still can't get over my breaking the p-40 so close after the seiran and Dinah. Those I can repair. The kittyhawk is a write off. I still have the wings with my putty canvass. :thumbsup2:

Don’t put yourself down, I have seen your work, it’s top notch!

We all screw up a kit or part occasionally. I worked two months building a nice MIG-15, only to screw it up in final weathering. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GusMac said:

Looks great Dale. Love the seat cushions.

Thanks very much. 

I was unhappy with the fit of the mounting points for the cockpit. There were serious gaps where the pit sidewalls didn't mate to my satisfaction.  So I removed them and I am sanding so as to get a better fit. I plan to add supports when the fore and aft walls are fitted snugly.

lBoyL7.jpg

N8HA8P.jpg

• Like 5

I didn't get much done over Xmas. Just rescribing and smoothing out joins.

The strange light is the sun shining through bush fire smoke.

KuJFg5.jpg

Hasegawa made the model so that the horizontal stabilizers sit at this angle. Although the line drawings I found all showed them as straight, I decided to trust Hasegawa. The model is made this way, it would be impossible to mix up starboard with port.

CteJgc.jpg

R6LHNY.jpg

• Like 3