The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-84.

Yesterday I began applying decals. Today is an unexpected day off. I plan to work on both kits and then go to a movie. I have a voucher for my local cinema and will see either Star wars or 1917. :)

I am using kit decals on the Tony and AM on the Frank. I gotta say the kit decals look pretty good, and I chose what I figured would be the least favorite. There were 3 options, camo, red tails and all metal and metal with green mottling. 

TqdJqL.jpg

tmNoRm.jpg

vOOoho.jpg

PrDsbw.jpg

MUYjLC.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

After a quick trip into the city for supplies, I went to see 1917. I thought it exceptional. Highly recommended. 

My buddy in Florida went to see 1917, and said it grabs you at the beginning and doesn't let go........  it's definitely on MY list

• Like 2

The weather here in Sydney is a bit harsh. As a result I have not been working as much on my builds. Today I applied the last decals to the Frank. It is sitting perfectly still while Mark setter and softer work their magic.

Today I will not be busy. There's a climate change rally in the city today. We're I strong enough to walk a long way I'd join in. 

I would like to go into town to Hobbyco in the Queen Victoria building. I can circumvent the March by taking the train.i want to get away from my builds so I don't succumb to the desire to handle them. Here is where Tony is at present. I need to lighten the darker greens in the panel lines. What you see is by using the new AK Weathering pencils. They are great fun but must be handled lightly or they break. My stupid numb hands are too rough! :lol:

axeQGL.jpgEoyiTA.jpgmFgbju.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice job on those two birds, can't wait to see them finished.

Cheers Rob

I agree with Rob, I think they look really great,, you have an attention to detail, Dale, and you have much more talent than I do..... the Frank has some very subtle paint hues, especially on the control surfaces... looks faded, that's detail attention............ you heading to the finish line now Mate...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday was still quite warm and so I didn't do much until the evening when I took to the Tony with pastels. Pastels are something I like to use to fade paint and generally make the subject grimy. However a clear coats often hide the effect.

I found this guy's Page on weathering,  and want to try the streaking effect. Something I have never done.

After fading with pastels, here is the effect. The starboard hinomaru is a bit dirty but I will clean it up later. I have to play drums today.

qA14Qp.jpg

PWYDHZ.jpg

K9eX19.jpg

epfTxh.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have been looking around the web at beautiful models. Often the paint job is very pretty. In service, especially late 1944 into 45, Japanese aircraft were nothing like pretty. They were a mess.

As a result I am experimenting with the Tony and the Frank. The Frank will be as about as pretty as I can. The Tony is a no good son booted out of the house. :D

With that in mind I am moving in this direction. Tony, that no good skirt chasing drunk of a son must fend for himself. :o

jfkAEd.jpg

5QGgm0.jpg

rsZE1i.jpg

NRxBkE.jpg

vpoakv.jpg

OKVdp6.jpg

Cc5A3r.jpg

• Like 3

Hey guys.

I am going to take a week or so off. I am on a new medication that is doing my head in. Basically it is throwing me through mental hoops. If I keep watching the forum and this occurs it would be extremely embarrassing. Indeed it happened on my second day. I will have little control until my system adjusts.

If I am able to do some modelling I will add photos with zero text.

Thanks for all the support you all have given so freely.

This medication is related to the trial drug. I am in no danger from my cancer. This is medication to help my extensive nerve damage.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup2:

• Like 3