The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hasegawa Nakajima Ki-84.

Hi guys.

Happily I have been getting used to the meds.

It has been very hot here in Sydney. Yesterday the temperature reached 45C in some areas. As a result my modelling has been minimal.  All I have done is weathering the Tony.  Here is what I have done. 

oJ1vft.jpg

0xPR9C.jpg

fUcM4A.jpg

skj07b.jpg

41rdas.jpg

As can be seen, I must re-fit the rear canopy. I am going to wait until I have completed painting.

I am weathering this model differently to what I have done before. There is no wash at all on the Tony. I have restricted myself to using pastels and pencils. I have tried the AK Weathering pencil set. It is okay but IMHO good artist pencils are cheaper, longer lasting and just as good or even better than AK. AK pencils are too soft for me. My hands require stronger pencils.

I am interested to learn what you think of this method. I will weather the Frank differently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, harv said:

I think all looks great but the meatballs need to be toned down. Carry on sir....harv :popcorn:

Cheers Harv. Hopefully today. It rained on Sunday after Saturday's heat.i hope to do more today, Monday. I was so buggered on Sunday the only thing I did was add the MG to the Tony's wing and make a trip to the city to buy 3 cans of paint. :D

• Like 1

I like them both, nice job on the weathering. 

On 2/2/2020 at 12:19 AM, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I have tried the AK Weathering pencil set. It is okay but IMHO good artist pencils are cheaper, longer lasting and just as good or even better than AK. AK pencils are too soft for me. My hands require stronger pencils.

I am interested to learn what you think of this method. I will weather the Frank differently.

Actually I liked the AK weathering pencils a lot when I tried them with my RSO build, not so much plain dry, but with a dampened tip or moist surface is where they work best for me.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1