The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Kitty Hawk Pave Hawk

Squirrel!!!!!

I've had the opportunity to to get ahold of a beautiful Kitty Hawk HH-60G and I'm moving it to the top of the build pile.  For many reasons I'd like to go ahead and build up this beauty.  Unfortunately I'm entering busy season at work, so it'll be a little slow through the spring but that's ok.  I sat down at the bench this morning and was VERY pleased with what I found.  First, beautiful box art and a very nice instruction manual.  A very lovely touch is the clear parts come packed in a separate cardboard box to keep them completely safe.  Lovely touch K.H.  the molding looks very nice and absolutely minimal flash and ejector pin marks.  The detailing on the interior parts is beautiful and the resin figures are the best I've ever seen with any kit.  These blow away what Wingnut has included in their special boxing's and plastic figures aren't even in the same zip code.  I'll start getting to work on the build over the next few days.

20191221_104241.jpg

20191221_104257.jpg

20191221_104322.jpg

20191221_104334.jpg

20191221_104445.jpg

20191221_104429.jpg

20191221_104517.jpg

20191221_104459.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks like a very nice kit indeed. I'm partial to the box art one with the shark mouth. 

Can't wait to see this started. 

Carl

I cant decide on the Euro scheme or shark mouth.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Never ever done a helo...........going to follow this one Tony.........

Neither  have I. But I have been eyeing this one. Seen a couple build and they were awesome looking. Will follow along buddy....harv :popcorn:

• Like 4

Jeff is trying to get me in trouble again! 

So far I've enjoyed the build.  I was briefed by the most prolific KH builder out there on how to build a KH kit.  He was spot on, treat it as a very nice short run kit.  Test fit, test fit, then glue.  I've had to spend some time studying the directions and references for how parts align at times, but the fit is overall ok.  The detailing is absolutely beautiful.  This is my first helicopter and I'm very much enjoying the change of pace.

20191224_081602.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice progress Tony. 

The one thing that's really stopping me from getting this is the rotor span. Helos can take up a fair amount of space. My Hind sort of proved that to me. It would be cool to have one next to it though. 

Carl

I've been eyeing the Hind for awhile.   If this goes well I may grab one.  I've got some space in my home office that would fit these two.

• Like 5

That is nice for an OOB cockpit.

I've prevaricated often about trying a helo and the Hind or Fly Wessex has often crossed my mind but size is the sticking point. However this is definitely convincing me to try dipping a toe in...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TJTX said:

Cockpit is progressing.  I'm going to repaint the floor and detail the center pedestal and then re-weather.  I wanted to show off the beautiful details of the cockpit real quick.  

20191224_163109.jpg

20191224_163122.jpg

I really like the floor weathering! The rest is looking awesome as well.....harv :popcorn:

• Like 6

• Administrators

A bit of a secret here is that I’m most of the way through the little brother to this huge honker, the KH Little Bird.  Just like this kit, it has its moments, but all in all, if you’re careful, it’s a truly beautiful build.

Tony, make sure you make provisions using brass or steel tubes and rod to make the main rotors removable for transport.

Most hello guys do that. Mark, (1to1 Scale) can probably better instruct you on that little trick.

• Like 5