Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Desmond Glazebrook

A day off, alone, nowhere to be, your current build on the bench, how do you feel?

The title question is the question.

As for me, I awoke thinking it yesterday and I was late for my session and nearly ordered an Uber. I had already begin working on my build when suddenly, "hang on, it's Tuesday!"

Ah that blessed feeling of having nothing I must do, nowhere to be, nobody to answer to, and I can sit and play my hobby. Bliss!

How do you feel?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, smitty44 said:

It's still Monday

We are a day ahead here in Australia Smitty...

And yet somehow still stuck in the 20th Century. Perplexing, isn't it?

S

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Wumm said:

We are a day ahead here in Australia Smitty...

And yet somehow still stuck in the 20th Century. Perplexing, isn't it?

S

Ya I know. He asked how I felt. My answer...It's still Monday

• Like 4

Well, I had about three hours to build this morning, so I started working on the figures for my Tamiya Marder and Sd.Kfz.222

• Like 3

Thursday is my day this week.   I hope to get at least five hours of bench time.  I have a 109 to work on as well as Sturer Emil.

• Like 3

How do I feel when I get free time to model?

Pressure, Like the Countdown clock is ticking down behind me.

It's such a rare occurrence, I try to squeeze every last second out of it.

S

• Like 2

Sitting at work for another 7 days, then only 4 days off, then an extended tour of 24 days... BUT... I just ordered a shipment from the brothers of sprue, and I have a fw items arriving!!

• Like 2

Just came off of a few days off from work. took last Thursday, Friday and Monday.  Unfortunately, TH & FR was to move mom's apartment into storage since her health now has her in a skilled care facility (nursing home).  I ached and hurt so bad Sat & Sun I could barley move from the recliner (Hey, it was a total of 10.7 miles of walking both days between apartment and truck, with all the bending, stooping and picking up boxes along the way) and Monday I had to accompany the wife to minor surgery.

Sometimes I forget I have a project I can spend time on, or I either dread getting started on one only to get a phone call and pulled away.  My mind is now starting to ease up some with Mom in the nursing home. I was afraid to burn leave time if I had an emergency and had to move her.  I guess I was thinking this all wrong and  was thinking I had to take vacation time, but I got to use Family sick leave. 

Forgot where I was going with this....

But looking forward to taking some time off now and then just for build days.  Did it years ago.  I need to do it more often and tell the wife less travel.

• Like 2

Dec 14 the trouble began;

Planer jointer seized a bearing.

2 x Belt sanders crapped out.

My Big Unit ( 30" Digital printer) stopped printing from one head.

These 4 items simultaneously ceasing to work sent the production lineup into a catastrophic ( well maybe not ) death spiral.

Diagnosis on the printer took longest.

Parts are ordered.

I feel nothing but the elation that the  correct diagnosis and availability of parts can give.

• Like 2