The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Hasegawa P-47 in a week?

• Administrators

So I have just arrived in Canada visit visit family.  However, I brought along with me a a little project and am going to do like what more than a few world class modelers with careers do: build out of a flight bag.

I want to try to get this as close to finished as possible, leaving off antennas, props, and gear, so it can be safely transported home in my luggage.

It’s as cold as the proverbial witch’s mammalian protuberances, so I won’t be playing outside much...

So we brought a Hasegawa kit, a small portable compressor for my airbrush, and a few supplies....

AD2EF294-E037-4244-962A-1C0F865C10DB.jpeg

08AA3E62-89A3-4560-9625-2BC2AECAC0F4.jpeg

• Like 10

• Administrators

Aaa did, what’s a quick build without a few enhancements.   This kit needs seatbelts, all Hasegawa kits do, and this will benefit from Master barrels, and resin separate stabilizer/elevators.   Barracuda wheelsjust need to be added as well.

41273B91-F43A-40E7-A635-5993CE13EEF0.jpeg

• Like 7

Will be watching this one Ernie...

I went up home last September to stay with Mum (and visit the Islands), and took half a kit to keep me occupied.

So Mum says...

"Oh, are you still doing your little models Steven?"

S

• Like 7

• Administrators

I agree, guys. It’ll be fun and a well needed pressure relief valve.  And, I might actually be able to get something done.   Come to think of it, I should have brought the S-199 project.

For the last bunches of years, I’ve had nothing but massive projects, so a quick build is sorely needed.

Feel free to join in with one of your own,  y’all. 

• Like 7

• Administrators

In in Regina, and it’s bloody cold. I rode on Bombardier’s finest getting up here.

C Series from Texas to Minneapolis, (what an awesome aircraft from a passenger perspective). The cabin windows are huge, easily three times the size of many modern jets. You now no longer need to scrunch over to look outside. 

Then, from Minneapolis to Minot, a truly worn out CRJ200 that creaked, groaned, and popped continuously. It and a curious grinding noise from an accessory pack somewhere, and most interesting of all, smelled of feet, arse, and spilled coffee. Oh boy did it bring back memories, and if it had a couple big 2800s and a tailwheel, I’d have offered to fly it myself. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Now, on my way to Redline Hobbies, the local LHS, to check out the scene.

Redline Hobbies, eh??.......................  hhmmm.................. hope they have a website.....................

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Redline Hobbies, eh??.......................  hhmmm.................. hope they have a website.....................

Redline Hobbies is, unfortunately, almost dead. It’s a tiny storefront on South Albert that is competing with mail order and the internet. 
And losing.

I was completely shocked. The oil bust a few years back killed leisure activities, and it shows.  
sad

• Like 7