The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Modelling orders to cover your time in isolation.

This morning I had to go outside. I was able to speak with my Dr in depth regarding my own health and the virus. I may be isolated for over 6 months.

So, this is what I ordered after having looked closely at what I have and what I may need.

Here is my virus order. Show us yours. :thumbsup2:

Order Date: Tuesday 07 April, 2020

Order Information - Order #

Qty. Products Total 1 ea. 1/48 Ju-88C-6 Zerstorer Paint Mask for Dragon kit (outside-inside)

AU$6.95

2 ea. Mr.Tool Cleaner R Extra Large (400ml) AU$47.00

2 ea. Extra-Thin Cement AU$15.90

2 ea. Mr Cement SP (40ml) AU$17.00

1 ea. 1/48 Polikarpov I-153 Chaika Rigging Wire Set for ICM kits AU$12.95

1 ea. 1/48 Heinkel He 219 TFace Paint Masks for Tamiya kits AU$20.95

1 ea. 1/48 Swastikas for Aircraft (black and white, dry transfers) AU$21.50

2 ea. Mr. Aqueous Hobby Colour Thinner 400ml AU$45.00

1 ea. Sanding Sponge Stick (2-sided) - Ultra Fine #1000 (2pcs, 172mm x 28mm) AU$5.95

1 ea. Softback Sanding Sponge - Quick Semi Gloss Polishing #2500 (2pads, 14cm x 10.6cm AU$6.50

1 ea. Sanding Sponge Stick (2-sided) - Quick Shine Gloss #4000 (2pcs, 172mm x 28mm) AU$5.95

1 ea. Water-Based Acrylic Paint - Gloss Orange (10ml) AU$4.95

1 ea. Water-Based Acrylic Paint - Gloss Pink (10ml) AU$4.50

1 ea. Mr. Retarder Mild 40ml AU$7.95

1 ea. Solvent-Based Acrylic Paint - Flat Khaki (10ml) AU$4.40

2 ea. Modeler's Knife Blade (25pcs) AU$13.90

1 ea. Premium Soft Sanding Stick (Matador) Full Set (8pcs) AU$13.50

1 ea. Premium Soft Sanding Stick (Matador) #3000 (4pcs) AU$7.95

1 ea. Mr.Color Leveling Thinner 400ml AU$25.50

1 ea. 1/72 Russian Fifth-Generation Fighter Sukhoi Su-50 (T-50) AU$32.50

• Like 4

I made a run to Hobby Lobby last week to only find they had quit carrying the Tamiya tape.  I did grab a roll of their brand and another bottle of Tamiya thin cement and a few cans of Tamiya primer. 

Came home and ordered Tamiya tape with Sprue Brothers along with some sanding sticks and various paints.  Unfortunately, either I didn’t see it, or they don’t carry it, but I missed the 40mm wide masking tape.  SO today I ordered 6 rolls from Tower Hobbies.  

I think I’m good for a while. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

I made a run to Hobby Lobby last week to only find they had quit carrying the Tamiya tape.  I did grab a roll of their brand and another bottle of Tamiya thin cement and a few cans of Tamiya primer. 

Came home and ordered Tamiya tape with Sprue Brothers along with some sanding sticks and various paints.  Unfortunately, either I didn’t see it, or they don’t carry it, but I missed the 40mm wide masking tape.  SO today I ordered 6 rolls from Tower Hobbies.  

I think I’m good for a while. 

I stopped using the 40mm, I just get 2 rolls of 20mm now.

• Like 5

I was lucky to have stocked up on most supplies just before the gov't ordered non essential businesses to close. What I didn't grab, I was able to via an online order. 

Dale, I was looking at some of the prices you paid for your supplies. I thought we got hosed here in Canada! Some of those prices are close to double if not more than what I paid.

Carl

• Like 4

I have been ordering supplies fairly regularly here, while the one local hobby shop (mostly RC), chose to close when the shelter at home order was issued, the online hobby shops are all still on operation. I have been keeping SB and Scalehobbyist.com busy with orders. I am also taking a new approach that I am buying things I may need in the future, I now have 3 1/2 bottles of extra thin glue. And I am buying any paint I might need for anything I might build.

• Like 4

Same here Mark.  Placed a number of orders for paint, tape, etc to be ready for a few builds.   5he one thing I can't really find is a decent amount of #11 blades.  I use so many of those that I'm starting to get low and can't find a good resupply.   Gonna have to ration those. 

• Like 4

All I can say is the gang at Sprue Bros and Scalehobbyist are gettin' it done! Many thanks to those guys! I stocked up for a few builds at first when I was unsure how intense the shut down's would be. Here you go Tony   https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Tools/11-carbon-steel-double-honed-blade-5pk/EXL00020011/product.php

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Tools/11-carbon-steel-double-honed-blade-15pk/EXL00023011/product.php?kw=blades

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, TJTX said:

Got me some blades.  I'd love to buy some new things but no kit money these days. 

I know what you mean buddy. None left now. The I-513 is the last kit for awhile. Have all the paint I need for the tank and way to many kits....harv

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

My 6 rolls of Tamiya tape arrived yesterday.  Wife intercepted the package from the mailman. I got the stink eye.  

I get that too..............................  wonder WHY ????????????

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1