The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

FASTING

MARU 5137

11 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Good Luck, Maru!

Hey Gaz... Nice to see you..

Ramadan is here and the hours are long and each day the time increases at Breaking of Fast time..and decreases by a minute in the morning (Sehri time)..

what is more harder than no food or water is having to prise MY sleepy heavy lidded eyes to open ,and physically perform Sehri at an hour even when the nocturnal animals are fast asleep!

:rofl:

I guess it will be even harder for MY brother in Queensland with hot weather and possibly even longer hours than MYSELF.

So Thank you...  on MY second day now..

:wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I respect you for your devotion.  I have fasted before...  but never been restricted on water.  I work in a physically demanding job, and probably drink a litre each hour I work.  I would need to take a vacation to even try going without water.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, MARU 5137 said:

Thank you  for saying Good Luck in Urdu.

Arabic thank you  is Zakallah.. so Thank you..

Sorry if Urdu was the wrong choice Maru, I took a punt. Also, I know a little Urdu but no Arabic, so it was a no brainer from that point of view. However, I now have two PhD students I'm supervising, one of whom is Kuwaiti and the other is Saudi, so I may pick up some Arabic!

Good luck anyway. I always think Ramadan must be a pain here with the longer daylight hours in the summer.

• Like 5

On 4/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, GusMac said:

Sorry if Urdu was the wrong choice Maru, I took a punt. Also, I know a little Urdu but no Arabic, so it was a no brainer from that point of view. However, I now have two PhD students I'm supervising, one of whom is Kuwaiti and the other is Saudi, so I may pick up some Arabic!

Good luck anyway. I always think Ramadan must be a pain here with the longer daylight hours in the summer.

No you chose the right words.

I was saying thank you in Arabic, Zakallah. 

I do speak different  languages and you did a good job with your urdu .

The hours are long and I thank you  for your support and kind words.

Thanks 

• Like 5

On 4/25/2020 at 10:17 PM, GazzaS said:

I respect you for your devotion.  I have fasted before...  but never been restricted on water.  I work in a physically demanding job, and probably drink a litre each hour I work.  I would need to take a vacation to even try going without water.

Yes its physically demanding  . but even as A police officer I still did the Ramadan... blooming hard work but has to be done...

Thank you for your support.

:thumbsup2:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

I've never heard of this before, you must have great devotion.

Ryan

Oh.... not to worry.. :rofl:

Ramadan is practiced by over  billion muslims  all over the world at the same time in total unity .

It clears ones mind.  :hsmack:

Ramadan teaches ME   to practice self-discipline, self-control, sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate, and  encouraging actions of generosity and compulsory charity .

:D

So it's a time of spiritual reflection, self-improvement, and heightened devotion(reading our Holy Book) and worship just like in many other religions....:book:

Ryan thank you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I guess I never knew what Ramadan was all about.

You learn something new every day..

now you know Ryan...

WE also have to give Alms to those less fortunate than ourselves.

Zakat is the third Pillar of Islam. Zakat does not refer to charitable gifts given out of kindness or generosity, but to the systematic giving of 2.5% of one's wealth each year to benefit the poor. The benefits of Zakat, apart from helping the poor, are as follows: Obeying God.

:rolleyes:

• Like 4