The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

TRUMPETER 1/32 P-51B MUSTANG

Just finished the Trumpeter 1/32 P-51B Mustang for Ralph "Kidd" Hofer's Salem Representative of 334th FS, 4th FG May 1944.
Used Kit World decals, Eduard seat belts and wheels.

Cheers, 
Jerry   :piliot:

P51B-QPL-1.JPG

P51B-QPL-2.JPG

P51B-QPL-3.JPG

P51B-QPL-4.JPG

P51B-PIT-2.JPG

P51B-PIT-3.JPG

P51B-PIT-4.JPG

• Like 9

Very nice B, I like the plain look of yours. It always seems that every Mustang was covered over and over with individual markings, so yours is a welcomed exception.
How did the Trumpeter kit build up?

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice B, I like the plain look of yours. It always seems that every Mustang was covered over and over with individual markings, so yours is a welcomed exception.
How did the Trumpeter kit build up?

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob.  The build was pretty straight forward but typical Trumpeter.  Over engineered with way to many teeny weeny useless parts.
I found the landing gear a PITA to assemble.  To many parts to just get a gear leg. Should have been molded as a whole part. Also the engine
must be aligned perfectly inside the cowl or the prop hub will set above the front of the cowl.  Now that I know all of this the next one I do
will be without the engine.  All in all it wasn't all that bad.  I have the RAF P-51B Mustang III to try sometime in the future.  

Next project on the table is the (UGH!!) Trumpeter 1/32 F-105D.  Oh yay. :lol:

Jerry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

It looks great, man!  Beautiful work, and for amkit that’s collected it’s fair share of internet poo, it sure looks like a P-51B from here...

Thanks Ernie.  Sure looks like one to me too.  Even up close without the 3 foot rule.  :lol:

Jerry

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Very nice B, someone has to release a new one sometime?........did you like the Kit World decals, they look very thin.....

Thanks Bomber.  Yes, I did like the Kit World decals.  I was a bit leery about getting them but they worked out real well.  Went
on nicely with MicroSol and the clear film just melted into the NMF with no silvering. They are not real thin nor to thick. The Two Bobs decals
I used on my F-15E were much thinner than these.  Definitely recommend them. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, k5ikl said:

Thanks Bomber.  Yes, I did like the Kit World decals.  

Thanks Jerry, I have two ZM 51’s that I want to change the schemes on and KiT World seem to have a good selection, good to have first hand experience....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 7:27 AM, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Very nice Jerry, when I get around to building mine, it’s gonna be the same scheme. I like his background story of the oddball pilot.

Thanks Reuben.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, k5ikl said:

Thanks Rob.  The build was pretty straight forward but typical Trumpeter.  Over engineered with way to many teeny weeny useless parts.
I found the landing gear a PITA to assemble.  To many parts to just get a gear leg. Should have been molded as a whole part. Also the engine
must be aligned perfectly inside the cowl or the prop hub will set above the front of the cowl.  Now that I know all of this the next one I do
will be without the engine.  All in all it wasn't all that bad.  I have the RAF P-51B Mustang III to try sometime in the future.  

Next project on the table is the (UGH!!) Trumpeter 1/32 F-105D.  Oh yay. :lol:

Jerry

That Thud sits proudly on my Shelf of Doom. Aires cockpit (not bad fitting) and wheel bays (not good fitting). Do yourself a favor and glue the slats in place and get some G-factor legs for it!

P.S. That 'Stang looks great!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bill_S said:

That Thud sits proudly on my Shelf of Doom. Aires cockpit (not bad fitting) and wheel bays (not good fitting). Do yourself a favor and glue the slats in place and get some G-factor legs for it!

P.S. That 'Stang looks great!

Thanks Bill...