The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WNW - Buy, or wait

Bill_S

14 hours ago, HubertB said:

Scrap steel is negotiated between $ 100 and 150 Per metric ton (at least last time I checked, which is admittedly some time ago).

The molds are worth a lot more as working tools than scrap metal.

Hubert

Yet only the Meng Dr.I is coming for certain.  This demographic ain't getting any younger.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Call me happy guys, while browsing my usual suspects (modelling sites) I found 24 different kits from Wingnut Wings on the Modellbau König site.

https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/Hersteller/Wingnut-Wings?Page=1&Items=24&Filter={"category":[1019]}&sort=5&view=list

There are even some big birds like a Felixstowe and AEG's, some different Fokker DVII and different Camels among other.
I'm happy, because I ordered a Junkers D.1, which I wanted to build from the first mentioning, but, I guess you know the feeling, missed out, for no apparent reason.
This was corrected today :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, I’m in need of a couple of D.1s and a couple D.Vlls would be nice. Maybe even another Felix and AEG. I do have decidedly too many Camels, though. 

Camel, huh?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Well, I’m in need of a couple of D.1s and a couple D.Vlls would be nice. Maybe even another Felix and AEG. I do have decidedly too many Camels, though. 

I have a friend that might be selling a Late Felixstowe?  I can give him your info Ernie!!!!!  Email me!!!  

I'm still looking for a early Felixstowe for my new AIMS decal sheet :wallbash:

• Like 2

I went to the MBK site, registered and even got to the last page of checkout.  All I was gonna buy was two D.VII's.  But it was fricking expensive.  Almost $400 AU for two kits that I don't even have a scheme in my head for.   I'm more of an Albatros (two in the stash) and Pfalz D.III (none in the stash:() guy anyway.  ....and I have at least 5 years of stash to play with.  I hope the molds show up elsewhere.  I just can't justify that kind of money for two small kits.

Call me cheap.  I do have a little WNW trade bait.  But I'd rather build it than sell it.

Gaz

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 7:07 PM, Bill_S said:

Looking for a Camel, Harv.

Bill, if you haven't gotten a Camel yet Great Hobbies here just got some in today. 

They're a online hobby shop here in Canada. 

https://greathobbies.com/search/results/?srchtype=AdvSearch&srchvendor=WNW&srchcat=PKA

Forgot to add, click on the individual listing  and it'll tell you how many are available at each location.

Carl

• Like 2