Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Just a little heads up

Hey all 

Just thought I would take this time to let you all know whats going on. Yesterday I had my first cataract surgery on my left eye. In two weeks they do the right eye. I had the crystalen emplants which will alow me to not have to wear glasses. This is going to be really weird, since I have worn glasses since I was in the 7th grade. I  will only need readers for up close work, which I  used when I was modeling anyway. The great thing is it's supposed to give you 20/20 vision so my shooting is going to improve alot...lol

Unfortunately this means I won't be able to do any modeling or work on the computer for at least 5 weeks or more. So all my projects  are on hold for now. As soon as my vision returns I will be back at the Beaufighter build. 

Thanks guys

Ron G 

• Like 7

Ron, it's going to be a great experience.

I had a similar operation done a couple years ago but instead of taking my cornea out and replacing it like you're getting, I had a lens implanted in each eye. First time I had 20/20 vision since I was 3 1/2 years old. 

Carl

• Like 3

Hey guys

Yeah they lazer cut the cataract and then removed it and replaced it with Crystlen lens implant (brand name). My Doctor is the only one in Michigan that does it and it ain't cheap it's $3,500.00 per eye. So far after my surgery  on Tuesday I went in for post op exam and they said everything is perfct so far.

Ron G 

• Like 9

Thanks everyone 

Well one eye done and all is great so far. I'm almost to 20/20 in it, left eye, which is really strange not having to wear glasses, sunce I've worn them since the 7 grade, wow!! thsts a loonngg time ago. 

They are doing my right eye on the 16th, so everyone cross your fingers all goes well.

Thanks Ron G 

• Like 6