Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

RFM Panzer IV Ausf H (Early)

18 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Phil,

Your work looks awesome!  Love the engine and gun especially.

Thanks Gaz, much appreciated, part of of the breech mechanism and the engine will be seen. The engine was AK extreme metal and then a black wash over the top………

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DocRob said:

Excellent progress Phil, the interior should not be closed, as it looks absolutely real. You should consider at least a n engine maintenance dio, hint....

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob…..hmmm you’ve made me think now, parts of the engine bay though are missing in this boxing. I did see Miniart do tank mechanics……….hmmmmm …..the engine I agree should be open not sure about the hull part though….definitely give RFM a go……

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Tight with Kai, looking so good and your prep for being ready for the paint booth is the way to go. Looking mighty good and I can't wait to see her wearing the first coats of paint.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

Thanks Peter, I must also do the ZM 51 when I spray this, I was amiss when I sprayed the P38……

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Looking good, Phil!

Appreciated Gaz, got to add all the Schürzen on, I may well get them all prepared and then spray them individually so the hull can be finished……this one has been a challenging in knowing what to do next……the amount of spares in the box is amazing similar to Dragon……

• Like 4

Phil,

Schurtzen wearing vehicles provide a lot of extra challenges.  All relating to weathering and when you should assemble.  Personally...  I don't like gluing after painting.  But like biplane models, these demand it unless you have no weathering plans between schurzen and tank.   Tanks always look best with most of the schurzen missing...lol

I'm sure you'll do fine!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Phil,

Schurtzen wearing vehicles provide a lot of extra challenges.  All relating to weathering and when you should assemble.  Personally...  I don't like gluing after painting.  But like biplane models, these demand it unless you have no weathering plans between schurzen and tank. 

thanks Gaz, RFM have devised the the Schurtzen so the hook on and do not have to be fixed. The turret shield are plastic though but I reckon I can fix those after.  One thing I did discover from the archives that certain units bent the leading edge of the schurtzen ………..

39F1F17B-A871-4030-AE70-F2BF6B3F8FCD.thumb.jpeg.7d6cc49c302f8c30664de233478b4cc9.jpeg

• Like 3