Modelling News 2022 (Merged)

Fran

On 9/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

1/12 scale Tiger 1 anybody?

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/m/10921175

10921175a6.thumb.jpg.667156617b1e24bdea81c554770a4e7d.jpg

10921175a.jpg.a9dec37ebd34ae607d9e4a87692615be.jpg

Even comes with crew figures. 

Girls Und Panzer!!! ... That's Maho Nishizumi's tank ... tho why Erika Itsumi is popping out of the loaders hatch, I don't know 🤷‍♂️ ... She's the commander of a Henchel turreted King Tiger. I might just grab that one ... I got the original Panzer IV.D

Rog :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Artful69 said:

Girls Und Panzer!!! ... That's Maho Nishizumi's tank ... tho why Erika Itsumi is popping out of the loaders hatch, I don't know 🤷‍♂️ ... She's the commander of a Henchel turreted King Tiger. I might just grab that one ... I got the original Panzer IV.D

I think I mentioned it before but when Girls Und Panzer was on Netflix my boys watched it. They then spent weeks talking about Panzer III and IVs plus some of the other tanks. It's why I have the Dragon  T28 in the stash. 

• Like 3

On 9/26/2022 at 9:30 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

I think I mentioned it before but when Girls Und Panzer was on Netflix my boys watched it. They then spent weeks talking about Panzer III and IVs plus some of the other tanks. It's why I have the Dragon  T28 in the stash. 

Carl ...

I don't recall you mentioning that before ... but its great that they watched it :D ... it's a great anime - and it was what got me into watching other anime, looking for similar 'feel good' stories, a good decision - considering the awfully written woke garbage thats constantly rammed down our throats these days. It's funny ... in World of Tanks most people refer to Soviet SPGs as "Troll Canons" as they are the least likely to hit a target that they are scoped at ... in the GUP movie it was Mika's BT42 (Continuation Academy) that did the trolling - on the University girls team with the Säkkijärven Polkka playing in the background. The German tanks don't get too much attention though :( ... and the Panthers get whacked at near the start of every match they are in! 😭

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Carl ...

I don't recall you mentioning that before ... but its great that they watched it :D ... it's a great anime - and it was what got me into watching other anime, looking for similar 'feel good' stories, a good decision - considering the awfully written woke garbage thats constantly rammed down our throats these days. It's funny ... in World of Tanks most people refer to Soviet SPGs as "Troll Canons" as they are the lest likely to hit a target that they are scoped at ... in the GUP movie it was Mika's BT42 (Continuation Academy) that did the trolling - on the University girls team with the Säkkijärven Polkka playing in the background. The German tanks don't get too much attention though :( ... and the Panthers get whacked at near the start of every match they are in! 😭

Rog, not sure if it’s  my age or ignorance of the subject but I didn’t understand a word you said…….it’s probably age…😟

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Rog, not sure if it’s  my age or ignorance of the subject but I didn’t understand a word you said…….it’s probably age…😟

Phil, Girls Und Panzer is a Japanese anime (animated show) where learning to drive and fight in various WWII tanks is a  girl's collegiate sport.

The main story is about an all girls high school (that's located on a Japanese WWII aircraft carrier for some reasons) who have to win their championship match in order to prevent the school from closing. They have to learn to drive, maintain and fight in their tanks. Most are German tanks but there are teams that only  use British, American and Russian tanks. 

The animation is well done and it was fun to watch. It's fun to watch a Tiger do a Bootlegger turn with sparks flying from the tracks. Completely not plausible but fun. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Carl ...

I don't recall you mentioning that before ... but its great that they watched it :D ... it's a great anime - and it was what got me into watching other anime, looking for similar 'feel good' stories, a good decision - considering the awfully written woke garbage thats constantly rammed down our throats these days. It's funny ... in World of Tanks most people refer to Soviet SPGs as "Troll Canons" as they are the lest likely to hit a target that they are scoped at ... in the GUP movie it was Mika's BT42 (Continuation Academy) that did the trolling - on the University girls team with the Säkkijärven Polkka playing in the background. The German tanks don't get too much attention though :( ... and the Panthers get whacked at near the start of every match they are in! 😭

Yeah, my boys went talked about tanks for a few weeks and then when they were at the LHS they bought the Meng Toon tanks. 

I think it spurred an interest in history in our oldest son as he's always watching WWII documentaries these days. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Phil, Girls Und Panzer is a Japanese anime (animated show) where learning to drive and fight in various WWII tanks is a  girl's collegiate sport.

The main story is about an all girls high school (that's located on a Japanese WWII aircraft carrier for some reasons) who have to win their championship match in order to prevent the school from closing. They have to learn to drive, maintain and fight in their tanks. Most are German tanks but there are teams that only  use British, American and Russian tanks. 

The animation is well done and it was fun to watch. It's fun to watch a Tiger do a Bootlegger turn with sparks flying from the tracks. Completely not plausible but fun. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477z8fvglmwhswcwixeq

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

c01bde952d68f668df6c17126aee9d0e--a-tank

Sorry, but you can’t really be stuck in traffic when driving a tank. Just get into first gear and move on (and up, and above) …

One of the reasons I do not want to drive in Paris anymore is that no car-rental company offers a Leclerc for rent … A pity, because it would make my driving there a lot smoother. Plus that MG would help keep a number of annoying scooters, bikes, mopeds and motorcycles at bay ;)

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

19 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

No ... it's not your age ... I saw a You Tube clip of it on a forum somewhere back in about 2013-14 ... At the time WOT was an extremely popular world online game which really assisted in making the anime so attractive to the general populace. I'm an absolute tank nut - so I chased the show down and watched it ... Carl describes it pretty well below  ... as he says there's some huge suspension of belief involved (which is where we get the saying when we're explaining anything off the wall - "because ... anime" - Like the "School Carrier" reference Carl makes below) - but it makes it all the more fun ... The original artists didn't expect it to take off so well ... the 1st 3 episodes were presented at some well known spring anime festival in Japan where the latest Naruto or other well known series are presented ... that year they were up against a reimagining of a VERY historically popular anime in Space Battleship Yamato - and apparently it stole the show!

If you like overcoming underdog / coming of age / redemption type stories ... this has it all. The title song went to #1 over there and was my phone ringtone for a year or so.

It proved so popular that a full feature length movie was planned and made ... and to satisfy the demand in the interim ... a glossed-over story from the TV series was revisited and elaborated on during a 1 hour TV special (The Real Anzio Battle)... The movie was rated as #1 in Japan for months and the fans were not satisfied in the slightest - so Das Finale was conceptualised ... DF is one competition spanning 6 episodes of varying length - to date 3 have been released in theatres and the 4th started production last year.

18 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

The handbrake manoeuvres and drifting escapades from the auto-club girls make me laugh ... But it's the volleyball club girls (team Duck) that are constantly trying to incorporate their tactical ideas and game references that crack me up the most! ... They are always the ones to come up with some daring, left-field plan that goes against anyones better judgement - and they actually pull it off!! ... "Operation Killer Serve" was my all time favourite!

17 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

c01bde952d68f668df6c17126aee9d0e--a-tank

I absolutely LOVE all the memes that pop up on the internet using GUP as a reference :)

• Like 2

• Administrators

We don`t have much figures modellers here, but there are some great and big scale figures or bust.

I do like good bust (althought I didn`t try to painted any yet) so I dcided to share one that is going to be release in October by Alvorada Miniatures:

alvorada.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fran said:

We don`t have much figures modellers here, but there are some great and big scale figures or bust.

I do like good bust (althought I didn`t try to painted any yet) so I dcided to share one that is going to be release in October by Alvorada Miniatures:

alvorada.jpg

I like a good bust too ... just on a completely different type of model :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Border now doing a nose only kit of their stunning Lanc……….this may be the answer…….took a leaf out of HK’s playbook…………the box art is atrocious IMHO………

Good find, thanks for posting. This is right down my alley. I thought about getting the HK nose, but will now wait for Bordernuts.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

What's not to like about the box art? A USAAF crew in an RAF night bomber during a daylight raid and some seriously point blank dogfighting. :lol:

Something to please everyone

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Haha 5