The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RFM 1/35 Tiger 1 early Production "Full Interior"

Moving along on the interior about half way back lots of shells to paint .I went with MM Gold  because Testors Brass was just to red for my liking when I clean my brass it's closer to this tone down a couple shades.I might could of tried 75% Gold and 25% brass might of worked don't know.I am enjoying the build thus far thanks for looking.;)

Oh added some wire on the other side r/side for the telegraph a small thing next set of pics.;)

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 002.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We keep moving forward today and it took hours to paint those shell racks.The son figured out the color for the holders I was leaning white he confirmed it you see everything in the transmission area lower part is grey once you move up things go an off white.The telegraph is on the table to the right side up front just a couple yellow wires the kit had you shelf it in the radio board.My Son helped on the shells research what we have are the Sprgr.43 DoppZ and the Pzgr.39/43 others as singles are supplied but not on the list.;)

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 002.JPG

tiger 003.JPG

thumbnail.jpg

Tiger 1.jpg

Tiger2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Mg-42 bags added,engine and radiators I got to say the engine fit was perfect!!The instructions have you install the upper hose before going into the bay the hose fit the cutout on the r/wall and landed at the rad!!RFM does some Nice engineering their has been a couple of quirks but blame that on me and were easy to overcome.I have already test fitted the lower deck of the gun turret to the deck of the transmission area all looks good to go.I go back to work tomorrow so progress will be slower.I have got to help the son find a truck to move his stuff to New Mexico on Wednesday but do have another holiday coming the week after use it or loose it.;)

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 002.JPG

tiger 003.JPG

tiger 004.JPG

tiger 005.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The engine compartment is finished and sealed!The little transmission that I had to assemble while easy to build was a PIA to install not much of a locating pin for something hanging.I would advise anyone that does this kit drill/pin the part save some time.The back plate aligns perfectly exhaust wise to the engine and outside can't say enough about the engineering that RFM did!!Some pics ....;)

tiger 001.JPG

tiger 004.JPG

• Like 8

• 2 years later...

I am back on this build for a little bit of a go while/which parts have arrived for the Sharnhorst still have the bug for something else so here I am.I finished up the wheels and have started on the tracks now I see the comment 5 parts per track that almost 500 for each side :hsmack:I am getting more efficient though organization,preparation and good lighting along with a plan.The glue I am using for the nails is a mixture roughly 50/50 of Tamy Thick/thin I had to many nails coming out with the thin and tracks trying to weld this glues the head for the most part.I lay the 19 tracks in the guide and that 1/4" tamy tape gets applied down the center I can now pic up the track and drive the nails home while in hand.I then from the patch of green tape apply that CA that's activated by light and apply the teeth to the tracks every other track again holding in hand and the teeth with my fingers I leave a stub attached under good lighting.It is taking me about 30/40 minutes to finish a 19 track segment ATTM.

Tracks are finished except for adding one more link out to 97 96 would pull any slack out of the top.I black gloss based and painted them MM Gun Metal looks a dark iron grey.;)

Tiger 001.JPG

Tiger 002.JPG

• Like 6

11 hours ago, KevinM said:

I am back on this build for a little bit of a go while/which parts have arrived for the Sharnhorst still have the bug for something else so here I am.I finished up the wheels and have started on the tracks now I see the comment 5 parts per track that almost 500 for each side :hsmack:I am getting more efficient though organization,preparation and good lighting along with a plan.The glue I am using for the nails is a mixture roughly 50/50 of Tamy Thick/thin I had to many nails coming out with the thin and tracks trying to weld this glues the head for the most part.I lay the 19 tracks in the guide and that 1/4" tamy tape gets applied down the center I can now pic up the track and drive the nails home while in hand.I then from the patch of green tape apply that CA that's activated by light and apply the teeth to the tracks every other track again holding in hand and the teeth with my fingers I leave a stub attached under good lighting.It is taking me about 30/40 minutes to finish a 19 track segment ATTM.

Tracks are finished except for adding one more link out to 97 96 would pull any slack out of the top.I black gloss based and painted them MM Gun Metal looks a dark iron grey.;)

Tiger 001.JPG

Tiger 002.JPG

Great to see this back again Kev, I did one of RFM panzers with the same track build up, hmmmmmmm was fiddly and time consuming. In my opinion you cannot beat Dragons Magic Tracks for simplicity………

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Once you go metal tracks ....you won't go back to plastic ...just saying . 😀

Look a those lovely burnished Tiger tracks ....NOM !

IMG-1452.jpg

IMG-1450.jpg

Shwing!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1