The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

N1K1-Ja Shiden Takara/Revell 1:32

I bulid this one for collector. Make long story short - cockpit from scratch, wheel bays, flaps interior with added many details. Surface rescribed / riveted. Fortunately shapes of original plane were well preserved. Kit is rare, not produced for many years. Urban legend says its molds sunk. Canopy is yellowish because model was placed in diorama showing abandoned plane on one of pacific islands.

1qFdMZN.jpg

AXjJonR.jpg

KXyR7K8.jpg

BPZTTmp.jpg

0gxTMwM.jpg

zojU1K9.jpg

XrakeHi.jpg

XqlfFhZ.jpg

DlLhRQb.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this. It prompted me to pull mine off the Shelf of Doom - it's 90 percent complete. Scratch built cockpit, and the gear bays are recasts from the Hasegawa N1K2 kit (they fit quite nicely).

• Like 1

Thanks you so much guys! 

On 6/23/2023 at 2:08 PM, Bill_S said:

Thanks for posting this. It prompted me to pull mine off the Shelf of Doom - it's 90 percent complete. Scratch built cockpit, and the gear bays are recasts from the Hasegawa N1K2 kit (they fit quite nicely).

If you have it in this stage, it's worth to finish. But I don't suggest anyone to buy it and start from 0. Wait for new one, sooner or later somebody will release it, maybe as a 3D print - now its booming.