The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

LSM news 2024

Fran

50 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Neil Yan from HKM was playing at the RAFM

image.jpeg.b70eb18cfa76fbaf477b3da6e87da621.jpeg

This would be great. I was just looking at the Model Monkey bits for the Beaufighter. It's beautiful stuff but if you get them all, it's easily 4x the price of the Revell kit if not more. 

• Like 4

With all the modern technology, not creating an accurate model is close to a crime. Unfortunately, it all seems to come at a price these days, as we demand so much and that just fuel to the price elevator. 

The Beaufighter will be awesome for sure.

• Like 4

On 3/18/2024 at 11:32 PM, Martinnfb said:

Neil Yan from HKM was playing at the RAFM

image.jpeg.b70eb18cfa76fbaf477b3da6e87da621.jpeg

Whoa boy!! ... I hope so!! ... They were taking scans near a Spey Phantom II and a Bf 109.E also.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:24 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

This would be great. I was just looking at the Model Monkey bits for the Beaufighter. It's beautiful stuff but if you get them all, it's easily 4x the price of the Revell kit if not more. 

... and with all that - the externals need to be re-scribed to pretty it up enough to make MM gear worth the exercise. A new tooled Beau is well past the due date ... AND the big plus is - you can (like with a basic A-20 airframe) get several versions for minimal alteration of the main shape which minimises additional cost in tooling. As long as it's accurate, MM components can be fit to either provide extra detail or corrections to internal errors (if present).

On 3/19/2024 at 10:12 AM, Martinnfb said:

if it's gonna be at the same level as the A-20..... oh boy....  🤤

This would be the big hope! ... fully detailed engines ... a range of interchangeable components - Thimble radome, underwing rockets, torpedo etc ... I'd buy at least 2 or 3!

On 3/19/2024 at 8:29 PM, Peterpools said:

With all the modern technology, not creating an accurate model is close to a crime. Unfortunately, it all seems to come at a price these days, as we demand so much and that just fuel to the price elevator. 

The Beaufighter will be awesome for sure.

... And yet it seems to happen all the time Peter! ... Look at what happened to the Hobby Boss A-26 and B-24 ... Wing location, shape and dihedral should be pretty basic items to get right (even if panel lines are out!), one would think! ... 

I really hope this one comes to fruition ...

Rog :)

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Whoa boy!! ... I hope so!! ... They were taking scans near a Spey Phantom II and a Bf 109.E also.

... and with all that - the externals need to be re-scribed to pretty it up enough to make MM gear worth the exercise. A new tooled Beau is well past the due date ... AND the big plus is - you can (like with a basic A-20 airframe) get several versions for minimal alteration of the main shape which minimises additional cost in tooling. As long as it's accurate, MM components can be fit to either provide extra detail or corrections to internal errors (if present).

This would be the big hope! ... fully detailed engines ... a range of interchangeable components - Thimble radome, underwing rockets, torpedo etc ... I'd buy at least 2 or 3!

... And yet it seems to happen all the time Peter! ... Look at what happened to the Hobby Boss A-26 and B-24 ... Wing location, shape and dihedral should be pretty basic items to get right (even if panel lines are out!), one would think! ... 

I really hope this one comes to fruition ...

Rog :)

Rog

Exactly ... can't understand how that can be unless it is sloppy engineering or no QC. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

No pics yet but Andy's HHQ has just announced that their next 1/16 kit will be an M113 APC with the option of doing it as an ACAV version. 

Saw that...here's the video. Not at all what I was guessing!

An interesting subject.. The ubiquitous little M113 used by just

about everyone for years!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Paul, there's going to be so much potential for the kit. 

Like you said, a lot of users and a lot of variants. I wouldn't mind an M163 one myself. 

I'm pretty sure I'll go for this one....just imagine the aftermarket stuff that

Will pop up! I remember one of these was in the movie The Killing Fields .

I have the ancient Tamiya kit that I bought as a nostalgia thing....I built it

as a kid and I thought I'd build it again....but this thing! That old 1/35 Tamiya

kit will probably fit inside it!

Here's a scene from that movie.

227648-KillingFields28.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...