The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1:32 Hasegawa Bf 109K-4

Not sure this can be legitimately counted as a 2014 completion, 99.8 per cent of the work was done in 2013. Here it is anyway, my finished 1/32 109K-4

Not worried about flattening the main wheels, it sits in long grass on its base!

IMG_2746_zpsb26b0fef.jpg

IMG_2748_zpscdfa36d8.jpg

IMG_2759_zps8a29aefe.jpg

Tried one against a white background

IMG_2770_zps209a67da.jpg

Link to WIP posted earlier http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/1646-hasegawa-109k-4-wip/

• Like 7

Love it Dave, what paints did you use. The decals....EagleCals? Love love love the late war 109's cheers Bevan.

Thanks Bevan, pretty much exclusively Gunze RLM colours... some custom mixing going on for tonal variation. No decals other than for data stencils, Montex masks.

A beauty indeed.

I have started building this machine and intended doing her as found (isn't she pictured at war's end with bent props and damaged radiator sitting under a derelict Italian bomber?) all bashed up...

Yours is a finish to aspire to..

Matt

Thanks folks. I'd like to do "Gigi" a G-10 with the early style tail as my next 109 project. Waiting so see whether I can achieve this from the Revell G-10 boxing or by cross kitting their G-10 with their G-6 (you can't do it from the Hasegawa kits without surgery).

• Members

Thanks folks. I'd like to do "Gigi" a G-10 with the early style tail as my next 109 project. Waiting so see whether I can achieve this from the Revell G-10 boxing or by cross kitting their G-10 with their G-6 (you can't do it from the Hasegawa kits without surgery).

That's a project I'd like to do as well.  I'm thinking that the next G-10 will be Erla only though, hopefully we'll see WNF and Regensburg G-10's a little later.

• Like 1

You could try to graft the 'short tail and rudder' from the Revell G-6 onto the Hasegawa tail. Those are all spare parts in the Revell G-6.

Matt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't have to win any competitions to make anyone think it is any better than it is ... but I think it sure would!! ... that is an awesome build :D

Stick it on a dio of grass ... and photograph with sky in the background - you'd be hard pushed to think it was anything other than real :)

Rog.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...