Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Yeah mate. Made my day. I am sitting here sanding the leading edges and various joins of many projects from my SoD!!

Currently a Bv-141, Aichi D3A1 Val. Also the Stuka. I have Sunday planned for my Dauntless. I am very surprised building this Trumpeter kit. It's really nice. I also have the Bearcat and Wildcat. I hope those are as good as this SBD. :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, harv said:

Don't be surprised if the Wildcat and Bearcat aren't quite as good. The Dauntless  is one of Trumps best IMHO......HARV

Isn’t it rumoured to be an upscaled version of the Accurate Miniatures’ SBD ?

Hubert

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Isn’t it rumoured to be an upscaled version of the Accurate Miniatures’ SBD ?

Hubert

I don't know. The panel lines and rivets look like Trumpeter. 

I bought brass 50. Caliber gun barrells. I have time this Sunday. I hope to work on it all day. I do hope the others are alright. I have a deep love for Grumman airframes. I fell in love with them when as a child watching The bridges of Toko Ri on daytime mid-day movies on TV. The panther won my heart. Soon after I saw Midway at the 70's with my grand mother and fell for Wild and Hell cats. I have quite a number of Grumman aircrcraft in my stash. 1/48 & 1/32.

• Like 4

Got some Reskit wheels for some of my stash queens ...

- The OV-10

i-2FtRRtR-338x450.jpg

- The P-51 I want to make as a racer ...

i-TWBvKbm-338x450.jpg

The F-105 D got an addition to an-ever growing list of AM (until I find the resolve to tackle it and redo a correct windshield/canopy )

i-7nx2G4k-338x450.jpg

And finally, got myself an anticipated Christmas present :wub:

i-dKnWjsB-600x450.jpg

This is the 2-in-1 set, with 2 needles and nozzles (0.15 and 0.4 mm) and two cups (2 and 5 ml). Did some fondling already : I understand why this brand is in such high praise. Everything oozes (German) quality :thumbsup2:

Hubert

• Like 11

1 hour ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Hey Hubert 

Your going to love that new Infinity. When I got mine, just recently, with the 0.2mm needle installed I mixed up some Vallejo model air and could paint 1/2 mm lines like I was drawing with a pencil! My Paasche Raptor couldn't even come close.

Ron G 

Ron, I read your post about it, and it convinced me, if I needed any more convincing, that is ...

Hubert

• Like 4

Possibly my next project in 1/24 scale.

dehavilland-dhc-beaver-float-plane-24_1_2d4c4a5fd52c4f722777591253589915.jpgit's a 1/24 de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver. Very simple snap together kit. I plan on super detailing this with complete scrach built interior. I have to cut out the window openings and add clear plastic. It's definitely going to be a lot of work. So wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

Ron G 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Possibly my next project in 1/24 scale.

dehavilland-dhc-beaver-float-plane-24_1_2d4c4a5fd52c4f722777591253589915.jpgit's a 1/24 de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver. Very simple snap together kit. I plan on super detailing this with complete scrach built interior. I have to cut out the window openings and add clear plastic. It's definitely going to be a lot of work. So wish me luck, I'm going to need it!

Ron G 

Fantastic project, Ron ! IIRC there was an article in an issue of Fine Scale Magazine, that did just what you are planning to do.

A civilian, a floatplane, what’s not to love ? 

:popcorn:

Hubert

• Like 3

On 11/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, HubertB said:

Got some Reskit wheels for some of my stash queens ...

- The OV-10

i-2FtRRtR-338x450.jpg

- The P-51 I want to make as a racer ...

i-TWBvKbm-338x450.jpg

The F-105 D got an addition to an-ever growing list of AM (until I find the resolve to tackle it and redo a correct windshield/canopy )

i-7nx2G4k-338x450.jpg

And finally, got myself an anticipated Christmas present :wub:

i-dKnWjsB-600x450.jpg

This is the 2-in-1 set, with 2 needles and nozzles (0.15 and 0.4 mm) and two cups (2 and 5 ml). Did some fondling already : I understand why this brand is in such high praise. Everything oozes (German) quality :thumbsup2:

Hubert

That is my only airbrush I have Hubert, it's a++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Fantastic project, Ron ! IIRC there was an article in an issue of Fine Scale Magazine, that did just what you are planning to do.

A civilian, a floatplane, what’s not to love ? 

:popcorn:

Hubert

Yeah that one was really cool with the working motor and sound, plus all the rest of the diorama. I'm still looking for a good paint scheme. And I need alot of info on this bird especially interior photos and dimensions.

Ron G 

• Like 3

Guest DannyVM

Postman ringed at the door again today with these two beauty's..........Both two well known Cold War Warriors.....

1). Mig 21bis Fishbed, 1/48 scale Eduard.

BO23RXYl.jpg

2). Mig 23BN Flogger, 1/48 scale Eduard with a nice book inside the kit.

2VrBKdQl.jpg

Regards

Danny

So.................................  a short while ago an EXTREMELY talented model builder decided he wanted to build a TBM, but not just any old WWII TBM, but something VERY different and VERY cool..... at least I thought it was very cool, and right up my street.......  I had a couple photos of the particular subject and posted...... I sent him a few more here and there....... I got into a little research for him, and what ever bonus I could glean for my collection of photos as well.......... one thing led to another and I made a few good contacts that are coming through in spades.......... so in the mail today as a 'thank you' for my fiddling about on the computer, writing a few letters, making a phone call or two and sharing a few photos for his project I got THIS in the mail today...................WOW.................... I am humbled by your Generosity , TONY!  A true GENT if there ever was one ! Many, thanks for your thoughtfulness, I do truly appreciate it, this is going to the front of the line....  I will endeavor to try and make the smaller version of what you are building......  I will also be ready to help where ever I can with any research, and take this to the bank, old chum..................... there is MORE to come........  Thanks Tony , You made my day !!

IMG_20191120_1505336.jpg

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Nice Haul Dale..................

Thanks Jeff.

Tomorrow I hope to spend the day modelling. I have to play all day today. I've been up since 2.30 a.m. I had to chart out tunes. It's all done. I hope to get all the recording done by at least 6 p.m. It is going to be tough because I have to play while wearing a medical boot. My bass drum foot has a hole in it. I could lose it. Blah blah blah. I've seen worse.  The Dauntless and Stuka are my top priorities. Now i am back online I am looking forward to putting photos of completed models here. :thumbsup2:

• Like 3