The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Guest DannyVM
On 11/20/2019 at 9:46 PM, Bomber_County said:

Very nice Danny, that bench is far to clean...........:blink:

I know Phil, but i had a reason.....:)

Guest DannyVM

Well, to be honest.....for some time i had a very serious modeling dip.......the thing's i started......i didn't finish it, and so on and so on and so on........boring isn't:help:

Reason, every 1/32  jet model i started, i couldn't give it a proper display place, due to the very little room i have to display my models.  This, resulting in a doubt and ending in the shelf of doom.My and my wife are in love with our little tight apartment and we never would consider to leave this place, after all it's a tidy little place we like to live in. Space is sparse but tidy. So, i had to make a decision. Recently i converted my modeling hobby from 1/48 to 1/32 regarding jet's. So i decided to go back to 1/48 scale jet's, which are no problem to display. I still stick to 1/32 W.W.1 and W.W.2 modeling like i always did, and ofcourse i will stick to this great place and will let you enjoy (hopefully:D) my modeling skills.

Regards

Danny

Guest DannyVM

I'm starting slowly to sell my 1/32 kit's, some where sold within minutes, others take some more time. But still, at the moment i'm busy with the Eduard 1/48 Harrier Gr.7 so no hurry what so ever.:D

On 11/23/2019 at 5:37 PM, DannyVM said:

Reason, every 1/32  jet model i started, i couldn't give it a proper display place

Phew, glad that I'm not a modern jet guy. The few I own are 1/48 and to me this is completely ok for say a Mig-31. I feel your pain though, but am glad that there is a problem in modelling that I don't have ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Space is certainly a large issue. I am considering selling my MiG 23 with it's AM. Maybe I can swap it here in Sydney. There are others I cannot display. 

It is a shame. 

Space is my issue as well..... the world just isn't big enough................ well it is, it's just my house isn't..............

• Like 3

Thought I would at least like to try the AK pencils. Picked up a 5-pack of greens and browns to see how they fare against the Art Store type ones I currently use.

IMG_20191130_074507.thumb.jpg.c001fe17598d51ca08c1ba27adeac5da.jpg

On 7/16/2019 at 8:53 AM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Oh, and another thing: Has anyone done a comparison of the AK pencils to standard watercolor pencils?

Anyone interested in a short tute?

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lestab said:

Just got a few ANYZ goodies in a very nicely packaged box. A few plugs and braided lines for my Hellcat 1/24 and a few after market stencils decals in various scales. Plus a nice touch with a gift...well done.

B9AF695D-1E8A-4D54-BE34-CC7DEA008FF8.jpeg

Nice haul................. I love the sticker on the box............ " Crucial Hobby Goods"................. that has a nice ring to it....wonder what the postman thought

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Santa made an early delivery at the Poet residence...

I’m looking at a Battle of Britain grouping after I do the 8th Air Force and southwest pacific stuff I have already on the queue...

so I nabbed the 1/32 Revell Spitfire MkII and He-111 P1 kits for that

then... since I’ve always wanted one and this is likely as close as I’ll ever actually come to owning it... the old AMT 1/16 ‘55 Chevy Nomad kit.  This kit has both stock and factory speed options, so I’ll have some fun with it.  The interior is sadly lacking detail inside the roof - I’ll have to decide if I want to fix that or just shrug and go with it.  I’ll probably let my OCD out to play and find some way to finish the pillars and roof liner, just because I’d always be irritated if I didn’t... :wallbash:

image.jpg

• Like 4

And...  something to warn everyone about

i was looking at getting a resin replacement for the P-47 engine, as there are thing about it that I just didn’t like in terms of the engineering approach taken by Trumpeter.

so I ordered the supposed-correct replacement from Engines & Things.

gawds what a mess - this is the sloppiest casting I’ve ever seen.  Some of the bits are utterly unrecognizable, while that that can be recognized are simply...wrong.

i don’t know if the have better versions of other engines, but I am embarrassed on their behalf for selling this stuff

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1:1. E and T have been around a long time and I think the molds are aged and bad. I ordered an Allison years ago and it wasn't great then. There are other alt. Out there but a bit pricey.  My 2 cents

• Like 3

Sorry for you. Had you asked before you bought them, I, and probably others, would have told you to pass and avoid. The E & T « engines » are competing with SAC « metal » landing gears for the title of « worst way to waste money on AM stuff ».

Hubert

• Like 6

Lesson learned!  :unworthy:

19 hours ago, HubertB said:

Sorry for you. Had you asked before you bought them, I, and probably others, would have told you to pass and avoid. The E & T « engines » are competing with SAC « metal » landing gears for the title of « worst way to waste money on AM stuff ».

Hubert

• Like 3