The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Some additional early Christmas goodies at the Poet Household 

Eduard once again made off with chunks of my personal net worth...  

A Big Ed set for the Trumpy P-40B, and a mess o’ goodies (including a complete replacement cockpit)  for the Revell Spitfire MkII

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Very interested in your impressions of the Meng Panther Carl. It's significantly cheaper than the Takom or RFM offerings in my neck of the Woods, and a full interior isn't one of my must-have options.

That's if you've opened the box already.

Ah, who am I kidding? We've seen your bench, you've probably already clipped sprues already!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wumm, I actually haven't started gluing bits together even though it's so very tempting. :D

I have looked inside the box and I'm suitably impressed, especially for the price. The suspension is the same as on the Jagdpanther I built earlier this year and I didn't have any issues then so don't expect any now. The rest looks very nice. The only thing I'm not fond of is the indie track links. Each tooth is a separate part and unlike the Takoma ones, you've got to trim and glue them on one at a time. The RFM links are easier to assemble as you assemble several links at a time and they're workable. I haven't decided what tracks I'll use once I do start building it.  

Carl

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Wumm said:

Very interested in your impressions of the Meng Panther Carl. It's significantly cheaper than the Takom or RFM offerings in my neck of the Woods, and a full interior isn't one of my must-have options.

That's if you've opened the box already.

Ah, who am I kidding? We've seen your bench, you've probably already clipped sprues already!

Beat me to it!!

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Wumm, I actually haven't started gluing bits together even though it's so very tempting. :D

I have looked inside the box and I'm suitably impressed, especially for the price. The suspension is the same as on the Jagdpanther I built earlier this year and I didn't have any issues then so don't expect any now. The rest looks very nice. The only thing I'm not fond of is the indie track links. Each tooth is a separate part and unlike the Takoma ones, you've got to trim and glue them on one at a time. The RFM links are easier to assemble as you assemble several links at a time and they're workable. I haven't decided what tracks I'll use once I do start building it.  

Carl

Guys ... All my big cats are Dragon  ... some with Magic Track ... some with that silly DS (not so crap) crap they stuffed around with later.

JUST as I was getting my Magic Track equiped stash up to speed ... a whole bunch of new stuff started to roll out ...

So ... how does Dragon compare with RFM, Meng, Takom etc?? .. and now we have Border also!

Rog :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Building Meng's Panther Ausf A Late right now and I am liking it as much as the Dragons I've built. I got the workable tracks super cheap but they are about the same as the indy links except they pin together instead of glue.

As a plus it includes the plug for the hull MG and antenna for the Befehlswagen version in the box, whereas Dragon likes to sell the Befehls as their own kit rather than as an option.

• Like 5

xmas à little bit in advance for me! I gifted my self with a 3D printer Anycubic Photon S. Pretty cool stuff! I will use  my mechanical design skills with Fusion to make some stuffs for my kits. If you guys have already some STL files you need to be printed, I could give it a try and send the resin part back to you...

The chicken has nothing to do, but it is also on my work bench...:blink:

CC7CB380-FDA7-4C76-9A98-65A78F2B2273.jpeg

F8F6B46A-037F-41B5-82F5-95EE3197BB63.jpeg

• Like 6