Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

13 hours ago, DocRob said:

Some fast stuff, reached my recently neglected bench.

I saw this one lately and had to buy it, The kit seems to be a simple build and I added some Speed 8 Green metallic from Number Five colors.

P1010992.thumb.JPG.5047a4888993931d2af83110f4e146a2.JPG

I couldn't say no to this Manga styled BMW. Again a simple kit, but these are hard to find for a reasonable price. I bought it fairly priced, brand new and found the decaling manual nearly as content heavy as the building manual. I have another version of the BMW Z4 from Fujimi (which will sport a Michel Vaillant livery) and this has seat belts and masks for spraying the windows included. I can use the masks for both and added some seatbelts for this one. 

P1010991.thumb.JPG.64e4545bd02766e0c16fad1f450d76d1.JPG

Cheers Rob

Hey Rob, love the Nissan Skyline...great "Mad Max" looks...but especially

because I've been a Nissan fan and owner for more than 30 years. My last

Nissan, a '97 240sx has finally given up the ghost after many years of service...I bought it new in '97...it only failed due to body rust...I live in

Illinois where the only thing available in quantity is road salt. Poor, poor, beloved,

Lovely car..RIP. Anyway, always glad to see that you've purchased  new 

kits, because I Know We'll soon be seeing a great builds!

Thanks;

Paul.

• Like 3

Thanks Paul, unlike you, I have no special connection to the Skyline other than it's looks, but I share your feelings about a long lasting affair with an old car. I owned an old Mercedes back in Berlin and when we left many years ago, our son kept it as his ride. Now, after over thirty trouble free years, it didn't pass the technical check and will be sold, which makes me a bit sad.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Thanks Paul, unlike you, I have no special connection to the Skyline other than it's looks, but I share your feelings about a long lasting affair with an old car. I owned an old Mercedes back in Berlin and when we left many years ago, our son kept it as his ride. Now, after over thirty trouble free years, it didn't pass the technical check and will be sold, which makes me a bit sad.

Cheers Rob

Sad to hear about the Mercedes. My father purchased a 450 SL new in

1974 along with a 450SEL sedan. The SL , we had into the late '80s It

was the car I drove all through High School and college... Great fun,great car. We eventually sold it to a collector from Atlanta Georgia... was sad to see

it go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Amazon; A lesson.

I recently made a purchase on Amazon; no biggie, just a Masking set

for Tamiya's 1/48 A-1H Skyraider by Eduard. Pressed buy not giving it a thought. I forgot about it for a while, then I thought ; " where is this thing?"

Well, checked with Amazon and I saw that it was being handled by

something called Inandout and they would provide tracking. They did eventually but I could not find a way to use the number provided.

I eventually used an international tracking website and found it was

being sent from Switzerland! I live in Waukegan Illinois! This Inandout is

an Austrian based product distribution business. So watch before you

click on Amazon.....

DSCN1270_kindlephoto-46128587.jpg

DSCN1271_kindlephoto-46078800.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Something I haven't seen before. 

IMG_20231025_120742.thumb.jpg.4cea073598eee83a91e9c9a433902dc6.jpg

Apparently it's only available at Duty Free shops. My parents brought it back from Taiwan for me. 

Have not seen that before either?My neighbor across the street treats me like a son he buys me different single malts from the base about once a month.I usually will have a cheap blended Scotch and if I feel special break out a single for the last drink of the evening.:D

• Like 3

More 48 armour ...well another one . I've the new Tammy Austin K2 in 1/48 on the way as well when it gets released next month .

Also an Airflup re pop of the Academy Grant ....nope..... no idea why I bought it either ....late night wine fuelled shopping in the bargain section of Jadlams ....🙄

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

• Like 4