Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Talking to Martin lately, he's been trying to downsize his stash a bit. In doing so, he's helped to make mine bigger! :lol:   

The Spitfire section of my stash has grown by another as a result. 

PXL_20240214_210247744_MP.thumb.jpg.25a247e00f5c446899629c024e1e3fda.jpg

In other news, I received another book in the mail. 

PXL_20240214_210223629.thumb.jpg.e71e656b9e9f9f908c64440b9ce1e034.jpg

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I found a fancy little tool made by Gunze to remove the lid off stuck Mr. Color paints. Also has a cup you drop the bottle into to grip it better.

very handy tool to have around. It'll also open the really old style Mr Color bottles with the big tab on the lid. 

PXL_20240214_210825070.thumb.jpg.577b6132b8e1d640ffbb9d3715111eca.jpg

PXL_20240214_211038308.thumb.jpg.78b507fbe784a7f3aaf18c6d7f694932.jpg

PXL_20240214_211041423.thumb.jpg.8f9ae56810e8e12faa83b38641124217.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Thanks Carl, not sure about all the decent on the inaccuracy, like you the nay sayers will not deter me as it is my model , that aside I do know the MkVI Mosquito had a variety of engines the Merlin 21,22,23, or 25 and all had little things that were a bit different. So I think we can take some of what the ‘experts’ say with a grain or two. At least that is how I’m looking at it. So we should be good 👍

That's my plan. :thumbsup2:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

Thanks Carl, not sure about all the decent on the inaccuracy, like you the nay sayers will not deter me as it is my model , that aside I do know the MkVI Mosquito had a variety of engines the Merlin 21,22,23, or 25 and all had little things that were a bit different. So I think we can take some of what the ‘experts’ say with a grain or two. At least that is how I’m looking at it. So we should be good 👍

Looking forward to your Mossie build Jeff, the RedFox instruments are gorgeous, I think i photographed them in my WIP…….

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Looking forward to your Mossie build Jeff, the RedFox instruments are gorgeous, I think i photographed them in my WIP…….

I was thinking Red Fox and am wondering about Cammo masks and not vinyl. And by the way….I’m not sure I an any where near qualified to do a WIP with this crowd. My talents at best would be classes as a ‘glue bomb’.  My talents are mediocre at best and I build like a snail.  

49 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I was thinking Red Fox and am wondering about Cammo masks and not vinyl. And by the way….I’m not sure I an any where near qualified to do a WIP with this crowd. My talents at best would be classes as a ‘glue bomb’.  My talents are mediocre at best and I build like a snail.  

Have you not seen my build threads?  If I’m brave enough, so are you!  
But yea, some of the builds here make me want to just throw my stash away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Honestly guys, if you saw how I build sometimes you'd think there was a 5 year old at the bench. I mean, half the time there's a cat in my lap. Like right now.

PXL_20240215_031552262.thumb.jpg.34eac44ff11087155c20dd89e582fc63.jpg

I rarely let my cat in my lap while building.  I do my best to keep him at bay, but somehow his tiny micro sized kitty hairs wind up in my paint work.  I need to find an air filter/purifier that moves the air and grabs his floating fuzz. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Jeff, I am about to start on the roundels etc using Montex masks, so stay tuned on my WIP. As for camo masks, just completed those using AK Putty. Seriously you will be fine to post a build and the Tamiya Mossie is such a sweet build, just go for it. ………As an aside when I was on TOS I never posted anything of my builds, here no problem whatsoever………and I reckon my skill levels (very mediocre IMHO ) have increased in showing my builds……

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Jeff, I am about to start on the roundels etc using Montex masks, so stay tuned on my WIP. As for camo masks, just completed those using AK Putty. Seriously you will be fine to post a build and the Tamiya Mossie is such a sweet build, just go for it. ………As an aside when I was on TOS I never posted anything of my builds, here no problem whatsoever………and I reckon my skill levels (very mediocre IMHO ) have increased in showing my builds……

Thanks Phil , you guys are quite persuasive and I will excitedly watch your build. I felt the same way when I also was on TOS and I guess that just carried over to here subconsciously  

• Like 2

This came today, finally, after some very sketchy tracking by my USPS

"Informed Delivery" account,  It actually updated and showed that it was

delivered. No tracking updates for a week never showing that the package

was accepted or scanned! I was expecting to contact The Bros. Sprue about a lost shipment!

Anyway, from Copper State Models, it's their Garford-Putilov Armoured

Car (CSM 35009) in 1/35. This is one of three boxings of this kit. Mine

is the Russian service one. Anyway, the Garford Putilov was a WW I armored car built by the Russians on an American Garford truck chassis.

This thing weighed about eleven tons and had only 30 horsepower to move

it around! CSM produces a bunch of subjects that no other kit maker offers.

I like that, and the kits are very well done. I've been waiting to buy this kit for

some time....since it was announced. 

DSCN1388_kindlephoto-168019979.jpg

ce3900e3aa8d68cfd929edb045edefc9_kindlephoto-168456384.jpg

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

I think the same like Martin, that means, it´s a must have for me. CSM has lots of extras for the Garfold-Putilov as well. 
I have to raise my hat for the continuous courageous effort of CSM, who not only produce off the trotten path objects, but to a very high quality standard. In my eyes, one of the top modeling companies.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

I think the same like Martin, that means, it´s a must have for me. CSM has lots of extras for the Garfold-Putilov as well. 
I have to raise my hat for the continuous courageous effort of CSM, who not only produce off the trotten path objects, but to a very high quality standard. In my eyes, one of the top modeling companies.

Cheers Rob

I agree, CSM is a great company. I am always looking forward to their

next release. I will always buy from them...unless they make a Spitfire.

Their accessories look very tempting!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

This came today, finally, after some very sketchy tracking by my USPS

"Informed Delivery" account,  It actually updated and showed that it was

delivered. No tracking updates for a week never showing that the package

was accepted or scanned! I was expecting to contact The Bros. Sprue about a lost shipment!

Car (CSM 35009) in 1/35. This is one of three boxings of this kit. Mine

is the Russian service one. Anyway, the Garford Putilov was a WW I armored car built by the Russians on an American Garford truck chassis.

This thing weighed about eleven tons and had only 30 horsepower to move

it around! CSM produces a bunch of subjects that no other kit maker offers.

I like that, and the kits are very well done. I've been waiting to buy this kit for

some time....since it was announced. 

DSCN1388_kindlephoto-168019979.jpg

ce3900e3aa8d68cfd929edb045edefc9_kindlephoto-168456384.jpg

Paul

WOW, the kit looks great and hopefully you will be doing a build thread not too far down the road.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2024 at 4:17 AM, BlrwestSiR said:

Honestly guys, if you saw how I build sometimes you'd think there was a 5 year old at the bench. I mean, half the time there's a cat in my lap. Like right now.

PXL_20240215_031552262.thumb.jpg.34eac44ff11087155c20dd89e582fc63.jpg

I thought it was actually the cat building the kits 😂🤣😂 !

Hubert 😹

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, HubertB said:

I thought it was actually the cat building the kits 😂🤣😂 !

Hubert 😹

Sometimes with the amount of her fur on my bench, it wouldn't surprise me if she did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3