Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

10 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Just picked this up from one of the guys on LSP. 

PXL_20240224_042426337_MP.thumb.jpg.d425e2c06737fb28ae9239ce1b9896b0.jpg

It also came with a Yahu IP, Master barrels and an Eduard seatbelt set. 

This is the most Martin-friendly 109 out there. :) Great choice Carl.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I also went to the local hobby shop to pick up Tamiya’s F-15 and ended u with yet another Schwalbe. One can never have enough of 262s :)

The plan is to finish it as Avia S-92

IMG_2691.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Yesterday I also went to the local hobby shop to pick up Tamiya’s F-15 and ended u with yet another Schwalbe. One can never have enough of 262s :)

plan is to finish it as Avia S-92

IMG_2691.jpeg

That's a different variant aif the Eagle I haven't seen before. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

This is the most Martin-friendly 109 out there. :) Great choice Carl.

One reason I picked it up. The other is hopefully I can do it as that shark mouthed 109. Just need to sort out the changes. 

• Like 3

Got this today:

Ordered off Amazon, I got this kit for much less than most online

shops sell it for; Most sell it for  $60.00 or more. The Brothers Sprue

sell it for $67.00.  I got it for $41.99 plus tax and with no shipping.

Anyway, the kit is Tamiya's ; Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42 (35318) in

1/35. I built the Tamiya BT-7 kit a while ago and it was a great build.

An odd, Finnish,  re-turreted version of a captured Soviet BT-7, the BT-42 was fitted with a WW I era British Howitzer ....the Finns adding

a perforated muzzle-brake to it.

Also today; more Friulmodel tracks. This time their  ATL-60, for the

Churchill Tank. Had them out of the box.....they look great!

DSCN1403_kindlephoto-11995069.jpg

DSCN1405_kindlephoto-11955268.jpg

• Like 9

7 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Got this today:

Ordered off Amazon, I got this kit for much less than most online

shops sell it for; Most sell it for  $60.00 or more. The Brothers Sprue

sell it for $67.00.  I got it for $41.99 plus tax and with no shipping.

Anyway, the kit is Tamiya's ; Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42 (35318) in

An odd, Finnish,  re-turreted version of a captured Soviet BT-7, the BT-42 was fitted with a WW I era British Howitzer ....the Finns adding

a perforated muzzle-brake to it.

Also today; more Friulmodel tracks. This time their  ATL-60, for the

Churchill Tank. Had them out of the box.....they look great!

DSCN1405_kindlephoto-11955268.jpg

I have same tracks also👍

This Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42 is completely new to me🫢. Nice find! Please share more pictures later🙂

There is one at the Parola Tank Museum.🧐 I can share photos of this example next summer when i will be visiting there.

"fitted with a WW I era British Howitzer"...we had to use what we got...shortage of all weapons...same thing now on Ukraine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2024 at 9:04 AM, belugawhaleman said:

Oh, I don't know, ........the rugged angularity of these groundbreaking

little tanks appeals to me! Actually, my stash is confined to a walk-in closet

In a small bedroom... admittedly quite full.

1A.png

I love the FT models the 1/16 and I want an only tank model I've built so far I really enjoyed it.  haeven

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got these today:

From Friulmodel, their ATL-74 for the BT-7 tank.

These BT-7 track links are tiny!  I bought these for my Tamiya BT-42 I

Bought recently. These Friul tracks are really great.....I've been picking up a lot of

these things up lately..... A sort of undiagnosed mania, I guess, but I

think they'll make some kits in my stash more likely to be built!

DSCN1406_kindlephoto-19855205.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, harv said:

I love the FT models the 1/16 and I want an only tank model I've built so far I really enjoyed it.  haeven

Thanks Harv.

I plan to build another one in Brazilian markings, a machine gun variant

with the Berliet turret. This will be done by using some extra parts I had

on hand....I've already made the machine gun and turret mount.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Got these today:

From Friulmodel, their ATL-74 for the BT-7 tank.

These BT-7 track links are tiny!  I bought these for my Tamiya BT-42 I

Bought recently. These Friul tracks are really great.....I've been picking up a lot of

these things up lately..... A sort of undiagnosed mania, I guess, but I

think they'll make some kits in my stash more likely to be built!

DSCN1406_kindlephoto-19855205.jpg

Friul tracks are great. Specially when tank tracks are fully exposed and not covered with fenders. 

• Like 3

Flogger .....built the Airfix 1/72 back when it came out (1980) this looks 40 years in advance. 

Sadly one engine means I can't 'twin build' it unlike the ol' Tomcat or MRCA 

FUN FACT - Back in the 70's MRCA ( Tornado) was jokingly referred to as Must Replace Canberra Again ...following the TSR2 cancellation and the  F111 purchase failure .

Odd how two English Electric products seem to have lasted far beyond their expected lifespans 🙄

temp-Image-INb-TX3.avif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, PanzerWomble said:

Flogger .....built the Airfix 1/72 back when it came out (1980) this looks 40 years in advance. 

Sadly one engine means I can't 'twin build' it unlike the ol' Tomcat or MRCA 

FUN FACT - Back in the 70's MRCA ( Tornado) was jokingly referred to as Must Replace Canberra Again ...following the TSR2 cancellation and the  F111 purchase failure .

Odd how two English Electric products seem to have lasted far beyond their expected lifespans 🙄

temp-Image-INb-TX3.avif

Nice! I've built the 1/32 big brother and it goes together really nicely.

• Like 6

On 2/25/2024 at 6:24 AM, belugawhaleman said:

Got this today:

... Anyway, the kit is Tamiya's ; Finnish Army Assault Gun BT-42 (35318) in

a perforated muzzle-brake to it ...

The first time I saw one of these was on "Girls und Panzer - Der Film" ...

The relationship between Mika and her crew from Continuation Academy is very similar to that of Darjeeling and her crew from St Gloriana's Academy ... Because of her obscure sayings, her crew think she's a weirdo!! 🤣

She used it as the ultimate Troll Cannon in the movie ... One of the best/funniest 5 minute animated clips I've seen!

Every time I see one of these ... anywhere ... I have the Sakkijarven Polka playing in my head!

Rog :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

The relationship between Mika and her crew from Continuation Academy is very similar to that of Darjeeling and her crew from St Gloriana's Academy ... Because of her obscure sayings, her crew think she's a weirdo!! 🤣

She used it as the ultimate Troll Cannon in the movie ... One of the best/funniest 5 minute animated clips I've seen!

Every time I see one of these ... anywhere ... I have the Sakkijarven Polka playing in my head!

Whaaaatttt!😵

Girls und Panzer - Der Film has BT-24 ?!? AND Sakkijarven Polka music?!? That is crazy. 😵Where can i find this masterpiece🧐👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artful69 said:

This Säkkijärven polkka music was used to detonate  soviet radio-controlled mines:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Säkkijärven_polkka

"During the Continuation War, the Finnish Army discovered that the retreating Soviets had scattered radio-controlled mines throughout the re-captured city of Viipuri. These mines were set off when a three-note chord was played on the frequency the radio was tuned to; each mine had three tuning forks that oscillated at specific frequencies unique to each mine. Immediately after the conquest of Vyborg, the Finns wondered at the strange mine explosions. At first, the combat engineers suspected they were time-triggered mines. On August 28, 1941, the combat engineers found triggers packed in rubber bags in Antrea from a 600 kg explosive charge installed under the Moonlight Bridge. The combat engineers quickly delivered those devices to Headquarters in Mikkeli, which delivered them to the Communications Department. The Communications Department ordered Captain of Engineering (later Professor) Jouko Pohjanpalo to take them to Helsinki as a matter of urgency, and with the help of YLE, they were dismantled and investigated. It was subsequently found that mines had been located throughout the city. The Finns found out the locations of the mines from the Soviet soldiers imprisoned in the Soviet Union.

On September 1, the General Staff in Vyborg received one broadcast van from Yleisradio,[2] capable of transmitting over the frequency used by the mines. The car in question was a REO 2L 4 210 Speedwagon taken from Nuijamaan auto Oy. The car was used by N. Sauros.[3]

Säkkijärvi polkka was present among the van's record collection and to prevent the enemy from operating the mines, they started playing the Säkkijärvi polkka - and specifically the version recorded by Vesterinen - without any pauses. This way the frequency over which the triads used by the enemy to detonate the mines were interfered with to the point that the mines were completely unusable.[clarify] On September 4, it was noticed that Soviet troops were continuously transmitting the triggering triads on the same transmission frequency. Thus began the battle of the radio waves. The broadcast[which?] continued for three days until another car was sent from Aunus to Vyborg.[4] In the meantime, an examination of the dismantled triggers had revealed that Soviet troops had radio mines operating on three different radio frequencies. There was a great fear that the internal combustion engines running the broadcast van generators could fail, and therefore the military quickly ordered additional 50-watt transmitters[5] from Helvar, which were delivered as early as September 9, 1941. These continued to broadcast interference transmissions until February 2, 1942.[6] The military had calculated that the mine batteries were depleted within three months at the latest."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, FullArmor said:

Whaaaatttt!😵

Girls und Panzer - Der Film has BT-24 ?!? AND Sakkijarven Polka music?!? That is crazy. 😵Where can i find this masterpiece🧐👍

This is the only untainted video clip from the movie I can find ... Unfortunately it lacks the subtitles - AND the preceding minute or so where, as usual, the volleyball team come up with a 'unique' solution to deal with a problem where the opposition is OP ... the result is what you see here!

• Thanks 2

Today, I received a heavy workload in form of two sets from Unobtainium for my recently purchased Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster in 1/12.

The first set has printed rims, hubs and spoke nipples, pre drilled and wire for the spokes. There are six different spoke pattern and the rims have a jig printed on, to help with the alignment of every type of spoke. There is no manual included, but you can find one on unobtainium - super-detailed components for the discerning model maker.

The second set addresses the wire lock bolts, which are not depicted in the kit. There are rows of printed bolts, which need to be drilled through the head, to accept the wire. This can be done with the help of jigs, included in the set, for easier drilling.

P1011108.thumb.JPG.442ac21add84aead8964a97b8ad675f8.JPG 

And this is the kit, the sets will be used on.

IMG_E1854.thumb.JPG.0e5fcbf02f63c2f9528fe83c35078458.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DocRob said:

Today, I received a heavy workload in form of two sets from Unobtainium for my recently purchased Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster in 1/12.

The first set has printed rims, hubs and spoke nipples, pre drilled and wire for the spokes. There are six different spoke pattern and the rims have a jig printed on, to help with the alignment of every type of spoke. There is no manual included, but you can find one on unobtainium - super-detailed components for the discerning model maker.

The second set addresses the wire lock bolts, which are not depicted in the kit. There are rows of printed bolts, which need to be drilled through the head, to accept the wire. This can be done with the help of jigs, included in the set, for easier drilling.

P1011108.thumb.JPG.442ac21add84aead8964a97b8ad675f8.JPG 

And this is the kit, the sets will be used on.

IMG_E1854.thumb.JPG.0e5fcbf02f63c2f9528fe83c35078458.JPG

Cheers Rob

Rob, it looks like you're going to have a lot of work to do with those wheels!

I'm sure they will be well worth the effort. Anyway, I'll be looking forward

to your build and following every post!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Rob, I really like that kit of the Alfa. Been thinking of getting that one since it first came out. Suppose this will be a great opportunity to see a Master Modeler at work on it. My recliner and popcorn are ready. 

Went to a regional IPMS show last weekend. I tried but just couldn't help myself with regards to great prices on some kits I've always wanted. They are not the newest by far, but something about the 60 yr old child in me and prices made me get them. 

- - more 1/48 B-1B Eduard detail set (internal)

- Something totally different in 1/16 sculpted by JeffShiu Minatures

- Another item to build and detail that will go along with the SAS Jeep and Kubelwagen I've done.

- and a crew for the Sd.kfz.2 also by JeffShiu

IMG_6982.jpg

IMG_6981.jpg

IMG_6746.jpg

IMG_6616.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2