Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

8 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Peter, I'd consider Master brass barrels for the kit. They make a set ostensibly for the HK kit but there's no reason it wouldn't work on the Border kit. Border does include brass barrels but they oddly left the cooling jackets out so they're not truly usable. 

Other possible AM you could consider would be:

-Barracudacast resin wheels and radios

-Resin2Detail pilot's seat and controls

-Belcher Bits bulged bomb bay doors depending on the specific plane you decide to model

-Profimodeler does a pitot tube I believe. 

Not all of the above is needed but certainly are some mm ore options for you. 

Carl 

Resin 2 detail Lanc seats are amazing!

• Like 3

On 1/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, Clunkmeister said:

Dang!

That thing looks truly monstrous! 

5 inches wide .....24 inches long ......not sure on the height ..... and over 1200 parts ....... monstrous is a good description !

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 2:03 PM, Bill_S said:

Nice grab, Scott! I'm not familiar with that TBM conversion - what's inside the box?

I got these.

DSCN3057-1.jpg

At one time..I ordered 10 packs of pipe cleaners 100 each from an online smokers

Supply.....I still have a bunch left....more than I'm ever going to use. I since switched

to using little dental brushes to clean my airbrushes. But it's nice to know I still have

them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Carl for the list 

I've already started to do some investigatingof the suggested additional AM:

Barracudacast resin wheels and radios .... maybe the tires and wheels - radios will be detailed with the Quinta Cockpit set.

-Resin2Detail pilot's seat and controls ... not needed as the Border set is incredibly detailed. Reserarch shows the HK seat needs help. 

-Belcher Bits bulged bomb bay doors depending on the specific plane you decide to model ... not sure of the bombload yet

-Profimodeler does a pitot tube. ... Just checked these do look good.  

• Like 2

I received my Tamiya USA order yesterday. I need another big Spitfire like I need a hole in my head but...$99.00.

The bubble top is one of my favorites. It's going to sit on the shelf for a while. I'm waiting somewhat patiently for the Kotare Spitfire to arrive this spring while working on some other things from the SOD . When I get around to it, I may do either the post-war Finningly version (silver) or I'll see if I still have the Alley Cat decals for SAAF . This is also an easy kit to build wheels up so that's an option as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f69e3d9488606291ff4d7947d5279da9.jpeg

• Like 14

Coming today from Sprue Brothers ; this item by Takom.

Their Merkava Mk.1 (2078). I never made any modern Israeli armor...except the M51..

that being a Sherman and not really modern. Anyway, Tamiya's Merkava dates back to

when I was in high school....and hearing good reviews of the Takom kit, I went with

this kit.  It looks pretty good. It has link & length tracks and Takom provides the builder

with two jigs to assemble them. These are also used to align the suspension arms... A clever idea. The kit looks well-molded and very detailed. I like the looks of this early 

Merkava..it's a cool-looking tank.

DSCN1016_kindlephoto-251483332.jpg

DSCN1018_kindlephoto-251542450.jpg

DSCN1023_kindlephoto-253043339.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Coming today from Sprue Brothers ; this item by Takom.

Their Merkava Mk.1 (2078). I never made any modern Israeli armor...except the M51..

that being a Sherman and not really modern. Anyway, Tamiya's Merkava dates back to

when I was in high school....and hearing good reviews of the Takom kit, I went with

Nice to see a Sir Hubert Parry / William Blake quote. This looks very interesting, this was only released in 2017 if I remember correctly………..

• Like 5

Tamiya Bf109G 6 goodness , albeit 1/48 . 

Thinking Finland , winter 1943/4. 

I'm not much of a knowledge of 109's so maybe will need some helps / references. 

Tomcat for the GB is not forgotten , but reckon need a bit of a holiday period of 2-3 days to really get my teeth into it  and enjoy . 

E4751-AB0-1-D9-A-4-D95-8-A19-EF16-F5612-

• Like 11

5 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Tamiya Bf109G 6 goodness , albeit 1/48 . 

Thinking Finland , winter 1943/4. 

I'm not much of a knowledge of 109's so maybe will need some helps / references. 

Tomcat for the GB is not forgotten , but reckon need a bit of a holiday period of 2-3 days to really get my teeth into it  and enjoy . 

E4751-AB0-1-D9-A-4-D95-8-A19-EF16-F5612-

Looks like a nice kit (looked it up on scalemates) well, it is Tamiya, after all. Hope you

post a build.

• Like 5

Had to get a new side cutter having wrecked mine .

I went with the same as before with another Tamiya SHARP POINTED SIDE CUTTER

SLIM JAW (74123*2900). I was pleased with my old one and I didn't want to pay

the absurd prices for a Godhand or Dspiae cutter no matter how nice they might be.

The Trumpeter side cutter was a disappointment..... Leaving a small wedge-shaped nub

on the part instead of cutting flush.  By the way...don't cut the Tamiya parts bag staples

with your side cutter!

DSCN1034_kindlephoto-5498937.jpg

• Like 8