Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Too bad for the cruise. 

I think you are of the few who act responsibly in this situation. 
Last year, I caught Covid in Lisbon airport, on my way to France. Then I passed it on to my wife. We cancelled our return flight 10 days later, but, as we had to get home, drove from France to Portugal.

However, the fact that I caught it in an airport, when the Covid situation was a well-known factor (18 months after the start of the crisis, and far from the its peak) just shows that some people knowingly went through the airport and on their flight, when they should not have …

i hope you have a good insurance coverage for the cancelled cruise.

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Thanks Hubert.  We bought the basic trip insurance.  Airline already refunded our points and cash for the airfare. Cruise line refunded the cost of the excursions, port taxes and fees and all the little things that add up.  Now I’ve got to submit another form for the actual cruise cost and the letter from the airline showing it was a cancelled flight due to weather. 

Edit to add: Honestly, I had no idea I had covid and would have proceeded with the cruise if the flights were not cancelled.  About this time every year for the past 5 or 6 years I get the late summer/early fall sniffles from those pesky yellow flowering weeds. Golden Rod is one of them.  I thought I was simply having my annual reaction. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I just got……

……a positive Covid diagnosis.  😷

was supposed to be on a cruise. Storms canceled flights.  No rental cars.  I would have been patient zero that got the entire ship quarantined. 
Someone was telling me to not get on that ship. So here I sit in a parking lot waiting on my Rx to get filled.  

Oh no. Hang in there my friend.

I just I got better from covid second time. It was not fun :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Thanks everyone.   Woke up this morning feeling much better already. Like the PA at the Urgent Care said yesterday, I’m on the back end of this so it’s just going to get better each day.  
But of course the wife is where I was at two days ago. This is her second round of covid. 

• Like 4

Something I haven't seen in a very long time. 

PXL_20230917_170602548.thumb.jpg.098a2ad01e67b761c744e6130ccf0c74.jpg

This is a solid brass Toyota Corolla that my aunt gave me back in 1980 when I was 9. She worked for Toyota Hong Kong at the time and was the secretary to the VP there. 

It's certainly seen better days but it brings back memories. 

The funny thing is it's a cigarette holder. The top lifts off and the cigarettes sit inside. 

PXL_20230917_170612983.thumb.jpg.7fe291340d45976823e00af05e0293c0.jpg

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, PanzerWomble said:

Not built a Starfighter for a while, this will be a NMF I reckon ....& shades of Bob Calvert from my youth .

IMG-2864.jpg

I built that when it first came out. I think I may still have it at my folks'. It's a nice kit and I don't recall any issues with it. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I built that when it first came out. I think I may still have it at my folks'. It's a nice kit and I don't recall any issues with it. 

👍

It looks simple enough , but then it is just a stick with wings IRL . Might throw a resin seat at it to cheer it up a bit .

Last 104 I did was a Revell 1980's 1/32 a long time ago . That one had 8 ...maybe 10 parts from memory. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

yes I saw it, although I am not sure if its active already or not. 999,- Chinese Yuan (189CAD) for a kit  seems a bit steep .

999 is a place holder I'm guessing as it is the price of everything . Even though it got a bad rep I'd like a GR1 Jag , as the only other option is the Heller/Airflup one , which I've built and is ancient . 

• Like 1

Found rather than got in the post. Amongst my fathers papers... some large photographs that he used to get for me whilst on board from the PR office. These all date from his time on Bulwark R08 , '71-71 and '79-81. Nice references for when I get around to both my Wessex and ( yes I guess I'll have to buy one🙄 ) Airfix Sea King. The Airfix release is for a different aircraft in the same 826 squadron earlier when they were on Eagle , this pic from 1980 when they were briefly on Bulwark , but only a few masks away from this one . 

IMG-2871.jpg

IMG-2873.jpg

IMG-2872.jpg

IMG-2877.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I know right?, Jaguars seems to be somehow ignored among major scale manufacturers. Such cool machine deserves more attention.

image.thumb.jpeg.a9340d9a51119993afab783665204d1f.jpeg

Martin

Right with you. Always thought the Jaguar was one of the coolest looking aircraft that the manufacturers just seem to pass by.

• Like 3

HMS Bulwark, that brings back some memories I can remember visiting her when she was docked in Liverpool, I was astonished how thin the skin was on a helicopter when I pushed on it.

It must have been in the sixties as I was still at school.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 4