Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Finally, my order from Kitlinx came today.. Ordered on Oct. 17 delivered

Today, Oct. 31......better than expected, really considering.

The kit is fine...I'm pleased I was able to find it.

The kit is Takom's Mk. V male/female 2 in 1 (No.2076) 1/35.

Next ,coming from Amazon is a kit from Trumpeter it's their;

PT-76 Amphibious Tank Mod. 1952 (No.00379) 1/35.

I found this on Amazon for under $30.00. Was surprised to see it there.

I already have the Friulmodel tracks for it in my stash leftover from

a failed build. Another Item that was delivered today was apparently

stolen; A wallet. The package containing the Trumpeter model kit had been torn

open but the thief apparently wasn't in to model kits.

DSCN1275_kindlephoto-1356671.jpg

DSCN1272_kindlephoto-1301630.jpg

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

A few awesome deliveries today:

: AirScale Devastator Pro set with 3D printed parts

Eduard Canopy mask Set for the Kotare Spitfire

and this gem:

l7p85y.jpg

Peter, any chance you could measure the diameter of the cowl in the Tempest kit? I'm considering using the cowl on my Sea Fury. 

Thanks. 

Carl

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Peter, any chance you could measure the diameter of the cowl in the Tempest kit? I'm considering using the cowl on my Sea Fury. 

Thanks. 

Carl

Carl

I'll measure the cowl later tonight for you. Chow time now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 4:49 AM, Peterpools said:

A few awesome deliveries today:

: AirScale Devastator Pro set with 3D printed parts

Eduard Canopy mask Set for the Kotare Spitfire

and this gem:

l7p85y.jpg

I got the other one - because it saw WWII service ... I like the lines of this one and wish it had - so I would have an excuse!!

Rog :)

• Like 2

Just had a couple orders show up.  First is my Hobby Nut order of a few things I’ve been wanting to try out.  Flory washes and some UV glue.  IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.a1a727dd5dd4041f989983a8901199af.jpeg

Second order is a charcoal activated N95 mask.  Ever since I caught Covid I’ve been having issues with a nasty dry cough and when I was primering last week, just the smell of the paint and thinner acted as if it sucked the air out of my lungs.  My Doc told me this cough and lung condition could last me months.  Figured I’d try out this odor reduction mask before going full respirator.  
IMG_1016.thumb.jpeg.7ca0bed200cc8442e5a8df104673bc1e.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Just had a couple orders show up.  First is my Hobby Nut order of a few things I’ve been wanting to try out.  Flory washes and some UV glue.  

You'll like the Flory washes, I found them extremely pleasant to work with. As recommended, you should use a separate jar with a drop of liquid soap added for application.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scott

I've been using Flory washes for years and love 'em. So glad to see Hobby Nut is now carrying them and will be ordering more from them plus other cool and much needed supplies. 

I always paint in my booth and use a good respirator - paints, no matter the type are nasty when breathed in. Hope the mask works and you feel a lot better sooner than expected. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

I've been using Flory washes for years and love 'em. So glad to see Hobby Nut is now carrying them and will be ordering more from them plus other cool and much needed supplies. 

I always paint in my booth and use a good respirator - paints, no matter the type are nasty when breathed in. Hope the mask works and you feel a lot better sooner than expected. 

Yea, I use to have a paint and bodyshop.  We always got a little “whiff” of the fumes and got quite use to it when spraying primers or old school lacquers.  My booth does a really good job of pulling out the overspray, just not sure if I was getting a good dose of fumes in the past because I was use to it from my prior career.  But now it definitely lets me know!  

Related story.  When I had my shop I had an employee ask if he could come in and spray a car on a Sunday when we were closed.   Sure. 
Come Monday he calls me up and tells me he cannot breathe because he left his respirator at home and painted without one.  I did the typical name calling and cursing at him then told him to get to a doc ASAP.  

Doc chewed his butt as well and gave him some sort of injection that he said it felt like a truck parked on his chest for a few minutes then cleared everything up.  
Those catalyzed urethane paints were nothing to fool around with.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Scott

Nasty stuff for sure and hard to believe anyone would do something dangerous to their health. 

He wasn’t the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.  He also dropped acid in his early days.  Always claimed to be having acid flashbacks, but I think that was just his shtick. Start screaming and act stupid all of a sudden in the shop. “Sorry, another acid flashback.”

Guy was a nutcase, lots of fun to be around and one hell of a good paint and bodyman.  

• Like 3

This came today from the Brothers Sprue:

From Takom it's their ; Pzj G13 (No. 2177) in 1/35.

Basically this is a Swiss Hetzer....a Swetzer. 

The Swiss changed the gun, added a flash hider, gave it a diesel engine, and

rearranged the crew positions. Nice little kit. The instructions don't show

a color call out for the exterior. Online pics sometimes show these as gray

sometimes green.  The box art and instructions show a greenish color.

Can someone clear this up?

tko2177_0_kindlephoto-4712079.jpg

• Like 5