Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Got this today....an ETSY purchase arriving in just a couple of

days from El Paso Texas;

Another '53 War of the Worlds movie themed purchase.

From Pegasus Hobbiestheir Martian War Machine (No. 9001) said to be

in 1/48 scale. First impressions? Well, I must say I'm pleased. The kit

is larger than expected, the parts are very well-molded; the surfaces being

blemish- free and having a shiny surface finish. I see no flash, and a trial

fit shows that the fit is excellent. The upper and lower halves of the fuselage or body of this thing were packaged dry-fitted together and

again,  the fit is perfect. The kit includes transparent parts;  tinted in red, green and clear. Should be a fun, trouble free, and nostalgic build as this was one of my "must watch" movies as a kid. A lot of builders online

add lighting effects to this kit....might do that.

DSCN1343_kindlephoto-46479394.jpg

DSCN1347_1_kindlephoto-46549376.jpg

DSCN1351_kindlephoto-47073380.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, belugawhaleman said:

days from El Paso Texas;

fit shows that the fit is excellent. The upper and lower halves of the fuselage or body of this thing were packaged dry-fitted together and

again,  the fit is perfect. The kit includes transparent parts;  tinted in red, green and clear. Should be a fun, trouble free, and nostalgic build as this was one of my "must watch" movies as a kid. A lot of builders online

Nice find Paul!

One thing to double check. Pegasus did some of their earlier kits in ABS plastic so you may want to check that before you start gluing bits together. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice find Paul!

One thing to double check. Pegasus did some of their earlier kits in ABS plastic so you may want to check that before you start gluing bits together. 

Carl

Good to know! Thanks. I have some Plastruct cement...I think that works on ABS.....?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I can't recall if Plastruct works on ABS.

Tamiya Extra Thin works but isn't always a strong bond. Tamiya does make  an ABS cement. It's a blue bottle I think. 

Thanks....checked the Plastruct bottle it says it will work on abs. ' haven't

seen the Tamiya stuff...I'll check it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

days from El Paso Texas;

Nice!  I’m pretty sure I have that same kit.   I know I do have one of the alien space ship kits, just cannot remember which it is.  Also planning on a lighting kit for it.  Something about syfi kits just need lighting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Nice!  I’m pretty sure I have that same kit.   I know I do have one of the alien space ship kits, just cannot remember which it is.  Also planning on a lighting kit for it.  Something about syfi kits just need lighting. 

Scott, third warehouse from the left behind the …………..

• Haha 4

Got a package from @Martinnfb yesterday.

PXL_20240116_200530705.thumb.jpg.df063fe2cf710f0ac797599f41ffc1d4.jpg

Guess this will go nicely in between the Tempest V I have and the Sea Fury. It'll be make a nice genealogy display. 

Also got a couple items for my Tamiya F-35s in the mail. 

A full set of masks for the recent B release and burner cans for both the A and B. 

PXL_20240116_200618653_MP.thumb.jpg.389a5f091a39c865a4802c9a1db2268e.jpg

The burner cans certainly came in some compact packaging. Turns out it's 3D printed and designed to fit the can exactly. 

PXL_20240116_200705398.thumb.jpg.4d6b4edd452d6b859e1f31c83f815af4.jpg

There's a lip that holds it in place and prevents any damage. 

PXL_20240116_200718416.thumb.jpg.c2a1ed4fe951154615f0dbb717562122.jpg

Lovely detail on the can too. .

PXL_20240116_200751369_MP.thumb.jpg.9c66a81fc2bc4cf1a04780bdd5241f18.jpg

• Like 8

Another refreshing spot of generosity. You guys blow me away. It is so cool to see the willingness to share. It gives me hope that as turbulent as the world is, there are still some very good people out there. And I see a lot of them here on this site. Take a bow boys. Its heart warming !

• Like 4

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Got a package from @Martinnfb yesterday.

PXL_20240116_200530705.thumb.jpg.df063fe2cf710f0ac797599f41ffc1d4.jpg

Guess this will go nicely in between the Tempest V I have and the Sea Fury. It'll be make a nice genealogy display. 

Also got a couple items for my Tamiya F-35s in the mail. 

A full set of masks for the recent B release and burner cans for both the A and B. 

PXL_20240116_200618653_MP.thumb.jpg.389a5f091a39c865a4802c9a1db2268e.jpg

The burner cans certainly came in some compact packaging. Turns out it's 3D printed and designed to fit the can exactly. 

PXL_20240116_200705398.thumb.jpg.4d6b4edd452d6b859e1f31c83f815af4.jpg

There's a lip that holds it in place and prevents any damage. 

PXL_20240116_200718416.thumb.jpg.c2a1ed4fe951154615f0dbb717562122.jpg

Lovely detail on the can too. .

PXL_20240116_200751369_MP.thumb.jpg.9c66a81fc2bc4cf1a04780bdd5241f18.jpg

Very kind of Martin! Those resin burner cans look amazing!

• Like 4

Some madness must have befallen me lately. I bought my first kit for 2024, which is generally sane, but it´s an ITALERI kit :icon_eek:, something, I would´ve thought impossible a while ago. I got the kit for a very decent price and just couldn´t say no.
The Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster attracted me and I hope it´s one of their better kits, at least, it´s not one of the old Protar re pops sans metal parts.
The box content doesn´t look too bad and there are several build logs out there, which deem the kit buildable.
I measured the kit spokes and they are a bit too thick with nearly 10 mm diameter in real life. I may address this with the crazily demanding wire spoke wheels, made by Unobtanium. I definitely add the wire lock bolts from the same company.
unobtainium.digital

Cheers Rob

IMG_E1854.thumb.JPG.94a11b962a0c67308871bc0fae853026.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Some madness must have befallen me lately. I bought my first kit for 2024, which is generally sane, but it´s an ITALERI kit :icon_eek:, something, I would´ve thought impossible a while ago. I got the kit for a very decent price and just couldn´t say no.
The Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Roadster attracted me and I hope it´s one of their better kits, at least, it´s not one of the old Protar re pops sans metal parts.
The box content doesn´t look too bad and there are several build logs out there, which deem the kit buildable.
I measured the kit spokes and they are a bit too thick with nearly 10 mm diameter in real life. I may address this with the crazily demanding wire spoke wheels, made by Unobtanium. I definitely add the wire lock bolts from the same company.
unobtainium.digital

Cheers Rob

Cool. Please share more photos. Sprues. Parts

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DocRob said:

unobtainium.digital

Cheers Rob

Rob

Fantastic purchase and I'll be waiting for a build thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Carl promised to take me out for dinner next time I'm passing by :)

Well, from what I have seen and know about Carl’s cooking abilities, if it were me, I’d rather go to his place for dinner and learn techniques from a master and enjoy a fabulous cooked by that master. His smoking and cooking meats is moth watering. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, FullArmor said:

Cool. Please share more photos. Sprues. Parts

Hello FA, there were sprue shots in the Modeling News. I will comment about the parts, when I start my WIP which might be soon, somehow the Alfa whispers ´build me´in my ear.

The Modelling News: An Alfa roadster, top of the range, a desert Crusader, flying bananas & a Stork in Italeri's December preview...

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

On 1/17/2024 at 8:42 AM, DocRob said:

unobtainium.digital

Cheers Rob

Looks like a great kit!. Thanks for the link..interesting products.

I'm looking forward to your build. I'm still considering their 1/12 Fiat..I

see that Italeri is offering an updated version of that kit along with an update on their Bugatti.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, Vandy1 VX-4 said:

For you folks that don’t know Some of Kittyhawk kits are being released!  Squadron, Scale hobbyist, and I think Sprue brothers Have them in stock

Great to hear..I always wanted their Kingfisher! 

• Like 1