The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

4 hours ago, Artful69 said:

On my way back from visiting the block yesterday, I called in at the post office to collect the latest deliveries ...

The first two were from Hobbylink Japan ...

It's a place I will shop at if the items can't be located anyplace else reliable, because they tend to be more expensive than other suppliers ...

This box contained another box! ...

gXJJkTh.jpg

The 1st of the Takom Tiger.1 'Big Boxes' ... Only a small sample of these made it to Australia and most of the other sources I found were on e-Bay

... ex-China! ... So I swallowed the extra expense and bought it from HLJ while they still had a few in stock.

C6n5WIS.jpg

Of course ... while I was chasing up my order progression on the HLJ site I bought another item as it became available ...

yIVZAg4.jpg

This contained the second 'Big Box' set ...

5M4HwBi.jpg

Another box - from the Czech Republic ... and covered in plastic to prevent moisture damage - a nice touch!

LaqAWMX.jpg

Not having ready access to the (now) HpH Kate, locally  ... I logged into the e-Shop and purchased it directly ...

lgBJrhB.jpg

On the 'non-modelling' front ... a box of pre-ordered goodies arrived from Rippaverse Comics - a relatively new 'indie' company ...

JePMZs3.jpg

A package bought during the pre-order period for their 4th campaign: 'Yaira #1'

24HSR08.jpg

I think that's it now until ZM release the next of their Kits ... or until Takom release an 'Early' Tiger 1.

Rog :)

That's a lot of Tigers!!!

• Like 2

Rob

Looking at your choice from an engineering and artistic view, yest I can fully appreciate your 'feelings and desires' and why it is your 'dream' car. For us Baby Boomers here in the states, it was all about horsepower, cubic inches and speed. Days gone by for sure but still, some wonderful memories. Yesterday I was at one of our local shopping centers and parked right to me was a magnificent 1966 Corvette Coupe; my heart was pounding. The owner just happened to just come back from shopping and we spent a good half hour talking and reliving days gone by. BTW, he bought the Vette new in 1966.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Rob

Looking at your choice from an engineering and artistic view, yest I can fully appreciate your 'feelings and desires' and why it is your 'dream' car. For us Baby Boomers here in the states, it was all about horsepower, cubic inches and speed. Days gone by for sure but still, some wonderful memories. Yesterday I was at one of our local shopping centers and parked right to me was a magnificent 1966 Corvette Coupe; my heart was pounding. The owner just happened to just come back from shopping and we spent a good half hour talking and reliving days gone by. BTW, he bought the Vette new in 1966.  

Peter, go take a test drive in a new muscle car and report back.  
My 2015 Mustang GT that’s stock will run circles around anything back then that’s stock as well. 
That being said, I really like the old stuff better too!  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Scott, I wish I could. For me, it found memories of the best times for sure. 

This was mine back in the day it was Blue with the laser stripes,shaker/hood,351W (11-1),close ratio racing 4/sp toploader/hurst vertigate with 456 posi out back it was a land barge but could scoot pretty well.I built the engine when I worked  as a machinist had a .610/.308 cam rollers rockers screw in studs the only work I did not do was boring of the block boss man.The Windsor was a power house had the fella's from dirt tracks wanting to know what all went in her to replicate as you said good ole days fast cars and girls.;)

41641068-1970-ford-torino-gt-thumb.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KevinM said:

This was mine back in the day it was Blue with the laser stripes,shaker/hood,351W (11-1),close ratio racing 4/sp toploader/hurst vertigate with 456 posi out back it was a land barge but could scoot pretty well.I built the engine when I worked  as a machinist had a .610/.308 cam rollers rockers screw in studs the only work I did not do was boring of the block boss man.The Windsor was a power house had the fella's from dirt tracks wanting to know what all went in her to replicate as you said good ole days fast cars and girls.;)

That profile looks very similar to the 'X' series falcon coupe's here in Aus built from 1972 to 1979

A '72 Falcon XA GT 'hardtop'

Ford_XA_Falcon_GT_Hardtop.thumb.JPG.15149e4ee324bccbf7c21546b65690fe.JPG

A limited edition (400 made for racing homologation) '78 XC GT 'Cobra'

FFCobra_XC.thumb.jpg.2086fa00f5d48da5a9e195c1b4fbe42a.jpg

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

A limited edition (400 made for racing homologation) '78 XC GT 'Cobra'

That one looks sharp I bet that car is a good 500lbs lighter than the Torino:hsmack:

• Like 2

Ok.... This time something Different !.

A couple of items from Hasegawa. Two figures from their 12 Egg Girls Collection in 1/12 scale. These started out as Companion pieces to

the distorted little egg planes they sell, and apparently, have grown a following of their own.

About a month ago I was gifted one of these. That was their No.8  "Rei Hazumi" (school swimming costume). Well, I like painting figures and,

admittedly, It was pretty cute, so I thought I'd look into this Egg Girl thing.

I have never worked much with resin, but assembly and painting looks

pretty straightforward. The castings look pretty good. Decals are provided for their eyes and  eyebrows. Anyway I bought a

couple of these which arrived today. A third comes tomorrow.

First; is their No. 43 "Rei Hazumi" (Casual Clothes) in 1/12 scale

Second; is their No. 21 "Rio Asaka" (School Gymnastic Costume).

An  odd departure for me for sure, but a possibility a relaxing diversion

from building tanks, We'll see.

Also a set of  20 Ultraviolet LED lights 365nm, 3v. I'm going to use these

to light-up some fluorescent paint on the War of the World kits I got

a while back. We'll see how that works out.

Last; another bottle of Dspiae fluorescent paint.....blue this time.

DSCN1751.JPG

DSCN1747.JPG

DSCN1748.JPG

DSCN1757.JPG

DSCN1755.JPG

DSCN1750.JPG

DSCN1753.JPG

DSCN1754.JPG

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, KevinM said:

That one looks sharp I bet that car is a good 500lbs lighter than the Torino:hsmack:

Not sure  ...

Some stats details below ...

Screenshot2024-06-15at08_54_37.thumb.png.12b6d6dd7a7a77a9d4c55aac9df2a8fb.png

Of course in this era the majority of local design and manufacturing was focused on motorsport ... specifically Bathurst.

Win Bathurst (or at least finish it ... and strongly) and your sales are exponentially better than your opposition.

The XC was the final iteration of that particular Falcon design and recorded the first ever 1-2 finish at the event.

Screenshot2024-06-15at08_52_30.thumb.png.825d020f6f164374ac68762d75a61abb.png

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Of course probably the most familiar Falcon to those outside Australia would be Max Rockatansky's ride. 

Lol ... the 'fake' Falcon? ... A modified XB Coupe from memory ... called the Interceptor?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Peterpools said:

I can understand your feelings Peter, as I had a working mate and friend back in Berlin, who was live time Corvette addicted. He owned every Corvette model ever made and sometimes, I accompanied him to his club buddies. One of them owned an old firefighter house, where the complete basement was his Corvette garage now. You could even use the old climbing poles, to slide down into the garage. Fascinating cars they are.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Rob

Your mate surely had it made - fantastic collection and the firehouse to boot. Of course, while I loved Vettes, I never actually owned one, instead going the sport car route in my college days, owning an MGB and then a Triumph TR250. My wife's car when we were married was a Triumph GT6 and we were a two sport car verry young family. My favorite was the Triumph TR250 but I sold that so I could afford my airplane, a Piper PA22 Colt. Memories for sure.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Ok.... This time something Different !.

A couple of items from Hasegawa. Two figures from their 12 Egg Girls Collection in 1/12 scale. These started out as Companion pieces to

the distorted little egg planes they sell, and apparently, have grown a following of their own.

About a month ago I was gifted one of these. That was their No.8  "Rei Hazumi" (school swimming costume). Well, I like painting figures and,

admittedly, It was pretty cute, so I thought I'd look into this Egg Girl thing.

I have never worked much with resin, but assembly and painting looks

pretty straightforward. The castings look pretty good. Decals are provided for their eyes and  eyebrows. Anyway I bought a

couple of these which arrived today. A third comes tomorrow.

First; is their No. 43 "Rei Hazumi" (Casual Clothes) in 1/12 scale

Second; is their No. 21 "Rio Asaka" (School Gymnastic Costume).

An  odd departure for me for sure, but a possibility a relaxing diversion

from building tanks, We'll see.

Also a set of  20 Ultraviolet LED lights 365nm, 3v. I'm going to use these

to light-up some fluorescent paint on the War of the World kits I got

a while back. We'll see how that works out.

Last; another bottle of Dspiae fluorescent paint.....blue this time.

DSCN1751.JPG

DSCN1747.JPG

DSCN1748.JPG

DSCN1757.JPG

DSCN1755.JPG

DSCN1750.JPG

DSCN1753.JPG

DSCN1754.JPG

Paul. A figure builder at heart .. hope you will build a few for the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KevinM said:

Kev, slick ride, sorry but didn’t understand one word of that………😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another Hasegawa Egg Girl...

This time their No. 25" lucy McDonnell " (coveralls) in1/12.I like this one.

The torso is molded mostly in one piece, with separate arms and pieces

for her hair. this one might be the most challenging one to paint of the group I have. I added a pic of a built-up "Lucy".

DSCN1768_kindlephoto-38042199.jpg

DSCN1769_kindlephoto-38511980.jpg

DSCN1764.JPG

61xUy38uq8L._AC_SY879__kindlephoto-38136633.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Since this came out from Toronto , we can blame it on Carl. :)

IMG_3715.jpeg

That P-38 ....boy so many times in the cart just could not pull the trigger.:hsmack::wallbash:

• Like 6

Today, A big-scale model of a small motorcycle.

From Tamiya, their Honda Monkey 2000 anniversary  (16030) in 1/6 scale.

I already have the 1/12 scale version but will probably build this big one first.

Looks like a good one.

DSCN1782_kindlephoto-9513047.jpg

• Like 7

Sweet! Back when I was a kid Dad brought home a brand new Honda Monkey all disassembled in his duffle bags on a C-141 while he was away TDY in Japan.  It was a 1970 or 1971 model.   The boomer in me almost made me go buy one of the new 125cc Monkeys they released a few years back.  The threat of a divorce from the wife kept me from doing it.  🤷🏻‍♂️

The next year he got us the Trail 70. 
Id love to find a 1/6 kit of the 1971 Monkey. Here’s a screen shot of one that was on Pawn Stars exactly like mine was. 

IMG_1017.thumb.jpeg.1e80a87e79579cfcb0df61f920ccd29d.jpeg

• Like 4