The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

converting the HK Models prototype Lancaster into a Manchester.

• 7 months later...

It's just a matter of taking your time and patience. As you may have noticed I have also times that nothing is being done to it. But then suddenly the drive returns and I get some more done. At the moment I am waiting for a cockpit testshot to finish the cockpit (as mentioned before I hate scratchbuilding the small bits like radios and general equipment, if I can use bits from the sparesbox or commercially available items I will). Once that is done the progress is rapid with only the engine nacelles to be done (oh Jerooeeen!:ph34r:).

Cees

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from Telford this morning with a nice selection of spares for the Manchester with compliments from Neil Yan. As the bloody paralyser has been stopped thanks to WNW I will focus on this conversion project.  Here are some pics. The clear Lanc nose will serve as sparessource the other is for Jeroen.

Cees

20181112_140217.jpg

20181112_140243.jpg

20181112_140239.jpg

20181112_141507.jpg

• Like 3

Entirely the opposite, I thought Telford 2018 was one of the best in years. So many new things to see and as modellers we have never had it so good. As Jeroen, James and I were manning the HK Models stand we were looking at the Lancasters all the time I was fully motivated to start the Manchester again upon return home. With the spares I can now finish the cockpit and when painting is done the fuselage can be closed and then the fun really begins. Imagine to have a 1/32 Manchester and Lancaster standing next to each other. At Telford I had looked closely at Woody37's 1/48 Manchester and that was really good for inspiration.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am glad I read all the pages cos I can appreciate the amount of work that has gone into this so far  . . . .

Hopefully you will come back again with renewed vigour and complete but its the engines that may be the stalling point ????

David

• Like 1

Thanks David,

Well I have been working on the Mancunian on a regular basis although the upcoming Chrismas festivities slow things down somewhat.

Thanks to the spare parts I got from Neil Yan things are progressing nicely and this coming Saturday I'm sure more progress is being made during

the monthly IPMS modelling afternoon.

If the engines cannot be 3d printed I will make them myself either vacform or solid from Milliput, have done that before in 1/48 so won't be a problem.

Cees

• Like 2

I know, hollow printed parts would be the best option, but as the legs were sturdy enough to support the Lancaster prototype with 4 engines, the span is less and less engines so should work out. If Milliput is too heavy then vacformed basis shapes are an option.

I hope.

• Like 1