The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Trumpeter TBM-3

Getting started on this one. As with the SBD it is one of their better kits. I'll be using the VERY nice Black Box resin cockpit set which should really dress up the interior. Not quite certain of which particular a/c it will represent but I'm leaning toward a 3-tone Enterprise bird. We'll see. Sure would like to have some nice plastic or resin wheels to replace the kit rubber ones.

7-23-18 001.jpg

• Like 5

That cockpit set looks great. A worthwhile investment with so much glazing.

Ah, the curse of the Trumpy rubber tyres! Given it is regarded as one of their A team efforts, it's a bit of a surprise that there don't seem to be resin replacements.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, GusMac said:

That cockpit set looks great. A worthwhile investment with so much glazing.

Ah, the curse of the Trumpy rubber tyres! Given it is regarded as one of their A team efforts, it's a bit of a surprise that there don't seem to be resin replacements.

I really lucked out on the resin set and got it for $25.00 and free shipping. It looks like I'll have to live with the rubber tires. Too bad P-51, Bf-109 etc tires won't work as there are more after market sets of those than a dog has fleas. Oh well.

• Like 2

It seems to be one of their better kits. Fairly large too. The interior is nice but the Black Box set is MUCH nicer but retails at $60.00. I found it on ebay for $24.95 with free shipping which I jumped on! LOL

• Like 2

Hi John

Nice to see you're underway with the Trumpeter Avenger. Of course, I'll be following with great interest and be along for the journey as always.

I'm still working on my 48th scale Harrier and started a build thread in the Non LSM forum.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3