The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

• Administrators

Well, time to dust off the old clunker and get her running.  Covid kind of put a damper on everything, but I’m sick and tired of watching the summer go by.  

Had two tires low, but were only flat on the bottom. 

Everytime we take this thing out, we hear people laughing for blocks around   Salmon, White, and black ain’t the most masculine color scheme in the world  

2C305C3C-5D35-4FEA-9B47-0C728A8F0ECD.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Salmon, White, and black ain’t the most masculine color scheme in the world

I love it Ernier, and who cares what others have to say, If it looks weird, call it a fashion statement :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Ok, so with the mustang gone I had to get some winter beater suitable for camping. Contemplating Wrangler, H3 and Grand Cherokee. Here’s the winner. Very clean, unmolested  2011 WK2, engine was replaced by Chrisler in 2015, everything documented. 
project: Mallcrawler

Nice ride Martin, if it weren't for Ernie's, this would have developed into a Jeep only thread :D. Mallcrawler, still shaking :respect:.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Maybe I need to stop babysitting the old cars, and get a fancy new one like y’all.   My big project this year was to put a Classic Air system in the Meteor so we could run it the other 9 months of the year.   

I bought a system for Joy’s anniversary gift, the 55 F-100 I’m building for her that she still doesn’t know about, and I was so impressed with how unobtrusive it is, I’m going to get one for my baby.  And the best part about it is that everything simply bolts in.  No butchery of the firewall needed, you simply remove the heater blower duct where it goes through the firewall, and save the original parts for conversion back later when you want to show the car in a judged show. 

Her F-100 is a bit more permanent of an installation because it now has a transplanted 302 in place of the worn out Y-Block 272. She wants to get in, twist the key and go, so she’s got Edelbrock EFI, too.  Of course that means a new fuel tank with a pump in it, then disc brake conversion for safety, and where does it all end? The great plan for her farm truck ride is starting to turn into a massive project.  But, at least the cost is under control.  She’ll love it, I know. 

As to the Meteor, it’s a bone stock P Code 312 car. 312s were super rare on Fords and Meteors, but standard in the Mercury. In the light Ford body, it makes that thing sit up and dangle...  not to Martin’s Mustang’s standard, but for a 1956 vehicle, she ain’t slow. 

For those who are interested, that Meteor and I have a history going back to when I was 19.  55-56 Fords and Merck’s have always been in my life, right from my very first, a 55 Fairlane two door sedan I dropped a 71 Boss Cleveland into and went looking for Chebbies on Saturday nights. Outside, she looked like a Grannymobile, but once the right foot went down....

So, there’s her F-100 before I started on it, and my Cleveland powered 55 with 20 year old me and three buddies leaving garrison for the weekend.

So when you put the 59 T-Bird that’s getting painted beside the Meteor and F-100, that’s almost a mini stash. But that’s all I have room for, and you can only drive one at a time.  Plus, they’re increasing in value or at least holding their own.  That’s why I still drive my ancient 7.3L diesel powered Ford F-250.

3026B59B-CCD8-4068-8299-98CD2A4D4A50.jpeg

0E466765-4B71-43CF-A483-0FE5DF237AD1.jpeg

100968CD-88D7-4448-B946-01A0B7BE42B2.jpeg

• Like 5

Ernie, Mustang is on it’s way to US to a new owner. I Couldn’t justify a money pit that I can’t drive most of the year. This way I don’t have any loans and wheels I can use all year around. There’s also the pushrod five litre in the corner.

Phil , LED? That would exceed the acceptable level of awesomeness. New fluids, filters and windshield for now will do. :)

EA90F8BD-5953-4422-8617-469F296D079E.jpeg

C5DEF14A-0F4B-453C-B422-E2D4A31A2870.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeff said:

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/2011-jeep-grandcherokee-parts/brands

Martin.......... These guys are AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

Actually they are not. I ordered RC suspension lift and received email stating that the part is on the back order 4 weeks away or something. Why are they offering product they don't have, I wasn't trying to hire your  brokerage services to arrange a purchase douchebags. Anyway, I ordered the same part directly from Tennessee, sorry Canadian suppliers... actually not , I am not sorry and freshly run out of %@$#!  :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Actually they are not. I ordered RC suspension lift and received email stating that the part is on the back order 4 weeks away or something. Why are they offering product they don't have, I wasn't trying to hire your  brokerage services to arrange a purchase douchebags. Anyway, I ordered the same part directly from Tennessee, sorry Canadian suppliers... actually not , I am not sorry and freshly run out of %@$#!  :)

Oh, man that is the first time I have heard anything but rave reviews, I ordered brakes from them, and it went down perfectly, as did a buddy of mine who ordered a Corsa set for his pickup, and it was flawless...., I'm sorry to hear that , Bud...... but on the other hand you are in the city where there is way more choice than I have, and you the glorious opportunity to actually get hands on...... I can only dream of being able to go to a GOOD Jobber, or LHS...... 

• Like 2

Oh snap, my apologies Jeff, it wasn't T-Dot , it was Truck Parts Superstore. Yet I contacted T-dod as well by a phone just to make sure that the set is in stock, it wasn't . Thats why I opted to order directly from manufacturer, I know that UPS is going to rape my wallet, but that is the nature of the beast .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Oh snap, my apologies Jeff, it wasn't T-Dot , it was Truck Parts Superstore. Yet I contacted T-dod as well by a phone just to make sure that the set is in stock, it wasn't . Thats why I opted to order directly from manufacturer, I know that UPS is going to rape my wallet, but that is the nature of the beast .

I haven't heard of Truck Parts Superstore...... hhmm.... not that I need anything for my Tahoe, but good to know anyway...... usually if Tdot is out of stock, they seem to get it in stock, fairly quickly, but still... I get it, when a guy wants something he would like it sooner than later...;), and it is always fun to make the new ride YOUR ride... personal details always make it better.... I did that with my Tahoe, and LOVE it !

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Rock chip repair

image.jpg

Looks like you made out better than I did. I tried to fix a scratch on our Honda Fit and got a bit too aggressive with the compound. There's a 3" strip of primer showing on the door now. At least it's glossy smooth. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

it is always fun to make the new ride YOUR ride.

So true. I'm fairly confident in saying I have the only metallic orange Honda Beat in the world. The car was repainted prior to my buying it and I love the colour. 

IMG_20181104_124043-600x450.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

So true. I'm fairly confident in saying I have the only metallic orange Honda Beat in the world. The car was repainted prior to my buying it and I love the colour. 

IMG_20181104_124043-600x450.jpg

It is a real nice color..... and you can go topless !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Dang that thing looks impossible to get into. And if I did, you’d need a van opener to get me out. 

Once again, I got the car out of storage and avoided getting mice in the thing. We live in the country, so they’re common.  Mothballs keep mice away as well.

And no, the 56 Country Squire ain’t mine, but I wish it was  

5E5D578E-7A26-47BE-89BF-B01DAC70A71F.jpeg

BB1DD36F-7702-4881-A379-EE8AB133A916.jpeg

5DEE70F2-2B6E-4500-A403-AE72FC2C631C.jpeg

99100C72-3D3B-479A-9F44-AACD3141F443.jpeg

736FAA50-0846-488F-B4F7-426DD757F67F.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Dang that thing looks impossible to get into. And if I did, you’d need a van opener to get me out. 

Once again, I got the car out of storage and avoided getting mice in the thing. We live in the country, so they’re common.  Mothballs keep mice away as well.

And no, the 56 Country Squire ain’t mine, but I wish it was  

5E5D578E-7A26-47BE-89BF-B01DAC70A71F.jpeg

BB1DD36F-7702-4881-A379-EE8AB133A916.jpeg

5DEE70F2-2B6E-4500-A403-AE72FC2C631C.jpeg

99100C72-3D3B-479A-9F44-AACD3141F443.jpeg

736FAA50-0846-488F-B4F7-426DD757F67F.jpeg

Is Joy a Jeff Gordon fan or William Byron??

• Like 2

• Administrators

Jeff Gordon, But not really. She just wanted a pink hat. It had a 24 on it, but she still wanted it.  I bought her a pink John Deere hat too. LOL

Jeff, you should recognize that car as a real piece of Canadiana, right down here in sunny Texas. 

56 Meteor Rideau four door hardtop.  They built 150 of the things. Built and sold only in Canada.  I know of two others. One is in Calgary and the other in Northern Ontario with a tree growing through it. 

There’s plenty of four door sedans around, but the hardtops weren’t popular.  Notice the cowl braces under the hood?  This is the only body style that required them.  It was a very weak body without them, which is one reason they wore out quick.

I knew this car in Moose Jaw back in the early 80s. That guy had pulled it out of a garage in Kelowna with a seized engine. I chased this car for years before I got it. Sold my glasstop Crown Vic to get this one. 

105D68D9-617C-44BF-BD5D-0DBC15A75D4F.jpeg

6C7F57E5-848B-4F33-A8FA-C5CCFD97B3E7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

That thing looks brand spanking new. Well done Ernie !

A guy in Moose Jaw owned it when I was in the Army. We spent more than a few Saturday evenings in that thing and my old red two door cruisin’ looking cool and making the glass packs bark in the underpasses.

• Like 3

On 7/22/2020 at 2:59 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Well, time to dust off the old clunker and get her running.  Covid kind of put a damper on everything, but I’m sick and tired of watching the summer go by.  

Had two tires low, but were only flat on the bottom. 

Everytime we take this thing out, we hear people laughing for blocks around   Salmon, White, and black ain’t the most masculine color scheme in the world  

2C305C3C-5D35-4FEA-9B47-0C728A8F0ECD.jpeg

Whenever anyone laughs, just wave a M1911 at them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

A guy in Moose Jaw owned it when I was in the Army. We spent more than a few Saturday evenings in that thing and my old red two door cruisin’ looking cool and making the glass packs bark in the underpasses.

Did you know that Moose Jaw is represented in at least two songs.

I hope you like it, eh!

Gaz

• Like 3