The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

56 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Maybe where the loo goes/went? :D

It's an Ice-Cream van, so there must be some kind of refrigeration plant in the back as well. There's no passenger seat, only a large wooden box in it's place.  

Cool idea tho!

• Like 3

On 1/26/2020 at 11:56 AM, Clunkmeister said:

I’m doing this up for my wife, to recreate her first truck.  I expect she’ll love it.  Either that, or kick me out.

6033FE19-DAB3-4ADA-9EA3-6F65CDB63528.jpeg

Needs some teeth Ernie.

Not DeSoto...

Mater style (And lose the hood!)

IMG_20200206_085416.thumb.jpg.e5e2d9c7735116a525a177f563da01af.jpg

• Like 6

18 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It only took 11 years but today our '09 Fit made it to this milestone:

IMG_20200205_142859.thumb.jpg.55a19c33d2bed410fca89089ccaa341e.jpg

It's in KM too. Which shows just how much we drive these days.

Back in the '90s, I did the same mileage in less than 2 years. Glad those days were behind me. 

Carl

OK.................. thanks for posting this Carl................ I am curious, and here is my opportunity to ask..................... I remember back in the day, CAA and AAA ( the automobile associations for you young guys) used to put out an 'annual average mile year', meaning how many the average guy would drive his car in North America, meaning not a sales guy or farm guy, just the average family guy, and it seems to me that is used to be about 12,000 MILES a year, now of course here in the great White North we have to use KM's which should translate to about  20-25,000 per year for the average driver to put on his car............ does that still hold water or is it more, or much less, ? Because when , in the days gone by, a guy would sell his car, and it was used as a rough gauge for heavy use or a cream puff....... so what is the recommended average miles per year these days?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

OK.................. thanks for posting this Carl................ I am curious, and here is my opportunity to ask..................... I remember back in the day, CAA and AAA ( the automobile associations for you young guys) used to put out an 'annual average mile year', meaning how many the average guy would drive his car in North America, meaning not a sales guy or farm guy, just the average family guy, and it seems to me that is used to be about 12,000 MILES a year, now of course here in the great White North we have to use KM's which should translate to about  20-25,000 per year for the average driver to put on his car............ does that still hold water or is it more, or much less, ? Because when , in the days gone by, a guy would sell his car, and it was used as a rough gauge for heavy use or a cream puff....... so what is the recommended average miles per year these days?

Jeff, I think the typical average is around 20-24,000 KMs a year. I used to lease my cars as I could write off the payments as a business expense. Every lease I took out had a standard mileage limit of 24,000 a year. A lower amount  was considered a low mileage lease.  

There was one 4 year lease where we had 205,000 KMs on the car. The dealer didn't know what to do. The mileage penalty was more than the buyout. We got the dealer to let us sell the car privately and pay them the buyout. We actually made money on that so it worked for us. 

Carl

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeff, I think the typical average is around 20-24,000 KMs a year. I used to lease my cars as I could write off the payments as a business expense. Every lease I took out had a standard mileage limit of 24,000 a year. A lower amount  was considered a low mileage lease.  

There was one 4 year lease where we had 205,000 KMs on the car. The dealer didn't know what to do. The mileage penalty was more than the buyout. We got the dealer to let us sell the car privately and pay them the buyout. We actually made money on that so it worked for us. 

Carl

Ok, thanks Carl, that is kind of what I was after..... so in essence it is still about the same , maybe a little more..... so most of my stuff would be considered low mileage then.... 68 Ford F 250 pick up 133,977 Miles, 93 Corvette 64,000 kms, 03 Corvette 80,000 kms, and my 19 Tahoe not a year old 12,400 kms.....  I like to drive my iron, but don't want to 'wear it out', except maybe the Corvettes, don't want Cathy's new boy friend to have a new car when I'm dead ....:rofl:

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 6:56 PM, Clunkmeister said:

I’m doing this up for my wife, to recreate her first truck.  I expect she’ll love it.  Either that, or kick me out.

E1E6627C-E527-45C3-94A7-A2185E3107D4.jpeg

1184D86C-78DE-4D9D-9DEA-BE5A2A9BC9F7.jpeg

Such a beautiful project Ernie, clean F100s are hard to find. What was the original colour?  Be a man, go black LOL :)

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 8:56 PM, Clunkmeister said:

E1E6627C-E527-45C3-94A7-A2185E3107D4.jpeg

1184D86C-78DE-4D9D-9DEA-BE5A2A9BC9F7.jpeg

If you get the boot, my wife would probably divorce me and marry you Ernie. Her dream car is a stepside pick up and this would fit the bill just about perfectly. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jeff said:

Ok, thanks Carl, that is kind of what I was after..... so in essence it is still about the same , maybe a little more..... so most of my stuff would be considered low mileage then.... 68 Ford F 250 pick up 133,977 Miles, 93 Corvette 64,000 kms, 03 Corvette 80,000 kms, and my 19 Tahoe not a year old 12,400 kms.....  I like to drive my iron, but don't want to 'wear it out', except maybe the Corvettes, don't want Cathy's new boy friend to have a new car when I'm dead ....:rofl:

I've owned my '91 Honda Beat since 2007 and have only put about 20,000KM on it in that time. It's at 97,000 now. I haven't had the time to drive it as much since I've usually got the boys with me. I'm averaging maybe 400KM a year at the moment. 

My sons have already put dibs on it! :lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, Artful69 said:

So ... ever since I got my Ute ... I've been planning to get a hard lid (or hard tonneau cover) ... and yesterday the mission was completed :

A quick drive south to the Erksine / Falcon region ...

U6qyC3X.png

and 3 hours later ...

hqpJI0x.jpg

OQAQ1FX.jpg

And back home ...

liNgVvN.jpg

WyUbjHU.jpg

NegYMzY.jpg

Rog :)

There is one of these in town here in So. Calf

• Like 5