The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Ok, wasn't sure if they changed the name. 

We only get the Tacoma here in North America which is a completely different vehicle from the Hilux.

Yeah, it's funny.  We don't get the Tacoma here.  The Tacoma, I think, was meant to compete with the larger US pickup trucks.  But those big US trucks are few and far between here.  I find the tray is much handier than the standard pickup truck bed, called 'stylesides' here.  I can fit two full-sized sofas in the tray or lay down 8' X 4' sheet with none hanging out the back.  And the tray sides drop down or can be removed altogether to make loading and unloading easier.  Like an old stake truck but easier...lol.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Wumm said:

Nicely picked-up Gaz...

Look after her, don't let it get like this one...IMG_20200522_165154.thumb.jpg.a8142633590ea066173d1833f1ac9ac1.jpg

S

I bought the Nano Ceramic paint protection, so I'll never have to wax it, or worry about the paint oxiding or being eaten by flying fox shit.  Got a mango tree in the neighbors back yard.   I think there is a bulls-eye located near my carport.  Despite the ute being completely under the carport, they still hit it.  They must be reincarnated bombardiers from WWII.   Karma.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Yeah, it's funny.  We don't get the Tacoma here.  The Tacoma, I think, was meant to compete with the larger US pickup trucks.  But those big US trucks are few and far between here.  I find the tray is much handier than the standard pickup truck bed, called 'stylesides' here.  I can fit two full-sized sofas in the tray or lay down 8' X 4' sheet with none hanging out the back.  And the tray sides drop down or can be removed altogether to make loading and unloading easier.  Like an old stake truck but easier...lol.

Most of those big trucks (GMC/ FORD/ DODGE) are status symbols here.

• Like 4

The Tundra is the one Toyota makes to compete with the full size American pickups. It's a beast. 

The Taco goes up against the Ford Ranger which I think is available in Australia, certainly in the UK and Europe. 

For a Hilux, I'd love one of these: totally impractical for where I live but nonetheless what I'd want. 

i-m9Twtnq-L.jpg

They're built by Arctic Trucks. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I got lazy and paid my son to do a paint correction and ceramic coating.  I did it last year.  It was a well spent $100 to not be stoved up with my back for 3 days.

We did discover the dreaded aluminum corrosion along the edges of my hood.  No fixing that crap, so I told the wife this fall it is time for a new hood!  I've decided to go with this one.

toScAB.png

They usually come to Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach.  If they can bring it, I'll save a couple hundred on shipping and drive up without my hood on the car and install it there. 

cqNnw3.jpg

SVzMlk.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I got lazy and paid my son to do a paint correction and ceramic coating.  I did it last year.  It was a well spent $100 to not be stoved up with my back for 3 days.

We did discover the dreaded aluminum corrosion along the edges of my hood.  No fixing that crap, so I told the wife this fall it is time for a new hood!  I've decided to go with this one.

toScAB.png

They usually come to Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach.  If they can bring it, I'll save a couple hundred on shipping and drive up without my hood on the car and install it there. 

cqNnw3.jpg

SVzMlk.jpg

SICK !! :) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

also it is very important to distinguish between male and female :)

800px-Napping_Colt.JPG

I really could go off the rails here, but It is supposed to be a family channel:rolleyes:....................... you DO know how she looks eh?? :rofl:Martin, you make me laugh OUT LOUD ! Way too funny !!

• Like 4

On 5/28/2020 at 3:29 PM, Ryan said:

Perfect proportions, but i'm biased. :D

49922720157_aa5e8b7042_h.jpgJeep by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

I dunno, seems a little small up front and the rear is really big, like something from the 40's. I prefer more recent models with a bit more cylinder displacement providing more thrust under the hood and a tight rear end for taking it around the bend hard and fast.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

I really could go off the rails here, but It is supposed to be a family channel:rolleyes:....................... you DO know how she looks eh?? :rofl:Martin, you make me laugh OUT LOUD ! Way too funny !!

I'm willing...

I've seen a Horse milked... But it didn't involve teats!

S

• Like 4

On 5/30/2020 at 10:49 AM, Jeff said:

You can 'MILK' a horse?????????????  Who knew      :o

On 5/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, Martinnfb said:

Yeah I heard about that, Ford is milking it :)

teaser-for-2021-ford-mustang-mach-1_1007

Mmmm...roll cage.....I wonder if that’s just in the test mule or is it going to be standard? 

• Like 2