The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Well apart from the head being blu-tac'd on. This figure is done. I haven't added the dust to the boots or bottom of the trousers yet as i'll do that when i've finished the other figures. Quite chuffed with how this turned out. Not bad for my first ever figure :)

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AlanG said:

Well apart from the head being blu-tac'd on. This figure is done. I haven't added the dust to the boots or bottom of the trousers yet as i'll do that when i've finished the other figures. Quite chuffed with how this turned out. Not bad for my first ever figure :)

IMG_2507.JPG

IMG_2509.JPG

Looks great Alan.

Maybe the blutac heads could be a Worzel Gummidge reference. Swap heads are required for the function. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AlanG said:

Alan, amazing I’d be over the moon if I could produce one half as good……I need to crack this figure stuff as they do animate a model……

• Thanks 1

After two weeks of working in my cave / workshop, where I started with wood protection on the ceiling, continued with painting the walls and finally repainted the floor, I'm more than ready to start something new. There was the 1/20 McLaren MP4/2 from Aoshima, the Minerva armored car from CSM, the Gloster Gladiator from ICM or the WNW AEG G.IV.
                                                                                                                            BUT
                                                                                                 I decided to start something different.
I picked the inviting box of my Vanguard kit of the Duchess of Kingston from the shelf, and like always, when I opened the box, felt the immediat urge to start building.
I played a bit with the mdf parts, installed my sander onto the bench and if I stay with the kit, I will start a WIP, where I hope to receive a lot of input from you about this relatively new territory for me.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9713.thumb.JPG.f5d289404c830bbedc43e2fd244a8d68.JPG 

IMG_9712.thumb.JPG.4e854e97db110f840220fb30f8945b71.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Rob

Go for it ... something so very different and the end result will be a gorgeous display model and a build we will all learn from. So glad you finished redoing/upgrading your workshop and it helps fire up the juices. We're still in the middle of our home renovation but my studio/hobby room is done as well as the main bathroom. I'm hoping to start a new build soon but painting will be an issue as dust seems to be a main product of the renovation.

Will be sitting front and center for the entire journey :popcorn:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:03 AM, DocRob said:

After two weeks of working in my cave / workshop, where I started with wood protection on the ceiling, continued with painting the walls and finally repainted the floor, I'm more than ready to start something new. There was the 1/20 McLaren MP4/2 from Aoshima, the Minerva armored car from CSM, the Gloster Gladiator from ICM or the WNW AEG G.IV.
                                                                                                                            BUT
                                                                                                 I decided to start something different.
I picked the inviting box of my Vanguard kit of the Duchess of Kingston from the shelf, and like always, when I opened the box, felt the immediat urge to start building.
I played a bit with the mdf parts, installed my sander onto the bench and if I stay with the kit, I will start a WIP, where I hope to receive a lot of input from you about this relatively new territory for me.

Cheers Rob

IMG_9713.thumb.JPG.f5d289404c830bbedc43e2fd244a8d68.JPG 

IMG_9712.thumb.JPG.4e854e97db110f840220fb30f8945b71.JPG

This will be cool to follow ! I always wished I had the skill to build such a kit.

• Like 2