Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

On 8/30/2020 at 8:40 PM, Bomber_County said:

Gaz, both look stunning, hope the MG on Jäger is restrained as the commander is going to have one headache..........love the camo on the 190......

Thanks mate!  The Fifty is in a real awkward position.  And there is a restraint that grabs the end of the barrel, but that is glued flat to the turret.  I'll have to live with it as it's glued in place, now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

Heavy Metal Carl, I hope you WIP it.

Cheers Rob

I'm thinking of it. 

3 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Carl, are you low melt soft soldering or adhesive?

Hadn't thought of soldering but maybe if I can find some I'll give it a try. I was planning to use either epoxy or CA.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Test it on some scrap first, you’ll also need a variable heat soldering iron and low melt solder, many a white metal kit has become a blob if the heat is to high.......

Thanks Phil. I've heard those horror stories. Of course the solder iron I have is the nuclear kind. So that would have to added to the list too. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

For a little distraction from the boring job of masking struts with 0,5 mm wide Kabuki and cutting decals to size on my Hansa Brandenburg, I toyed a little around with the tiny big Chinese Tankette in 1/16.

The build will be fast, as there are not too many parts. There is a plastic spring in the middle of the mess, which make the suspension actually work. I cleaned all the parts for the running gear and took out the resin figure to accompany them.

IMG_7609.thumb.JPG.6d374f6ded5a57629606a83fbaa51628.JPG

The figure is super detailed and will be fun to paint. I plan to try oils for skin and faces for a change, maybe for the uniform too.

IMG_7610.thumb.JPG.d421d230e406e3e40ce3f3eacf78f0c2.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

I wasn't sure at first about my paint scheme on the body for my truck but with it installed I'm liking it.

PXL_20200926_171932422.thumb.jpg.22e0393a4305444fc6ed9e30fbd03e12.jpg

The drivetrain is sorted now so hopefully today if tomorrow I'll give her a maiden drive.

The shop has warned me to find a really big space so I might try to find a parking lot or vacant lot to play it safe. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Amazing, never done any sc-fi modelling, another to add to the bucket list.....:blink:

Phil, the Bandai Star Wars kits go together like a dream. They're generally press fit too so not even glue is needed. 

• Like 3