The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

18 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Some very nice planes there Hubert. Glad they survived the move with minimal damage. 

Carl

One of my regrets is to never have bought a second ST-M kit while Paul was still in operation ... I have an extensive stash of Fisher kits but would not have minded a second PT-20 ...

Hubert

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HubertB said:

Well, after a 5-months hiatus during which surveying the final works of the new house, moving and settling into it took priority, I am back at the bench, to do some repairs to the finished kits which had suffered some (minor) damage in the move.

I had to redo a full fork for the ST-M tailwheel, in brass, as the original resin one did not survive in a good enough shape. I really suck at welding, but I prevailed nevertheless :) !

i-3WMVbJd-600x450.jpg i-8wNXFBc-600x450.jpg i-hpXWNJJ-600x450.jpg i-RTWx2BC-600x450.jpg i-LLZxGdV-600x450.jpg

Me happy ;)

Hubert

Very nice. I still want STM. I have a Ryan NR1 Recruit I want to trade for one for years now. Like you I have several of Paul's models....harv

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The assemble process of the tiny 1/16 Chinese tankette is nearly done, a fast and uncomplicated task. The fit is good and there are just some minor quirks, where the engineering is not the best, but really nothing to worry about.
Running gear exhausts and tools are not added, because they will be painted separately. There are only three PE parts, which are easily handled too. If painting will start soon will be determined by the beginning of my Christmas project, for which I need the postal service to hurry up.

Cheers Rob

IMG_7692.thumb.JPG.f5b67c25ee49ed4f2e838c4e182b24c2.JPG

IMG_7693.thumb.JPG.a96bf372f9872c19d9ccab48b8f6d0a4.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TJTX said:

Shes been here 3 months now.  Hence the complete lack of time for anything.  

Awesome! Congrats, I didn’t realize time went by that fast. But you will soon find out that time goes by real fast when you have kids. 

• Like 5

Finished this Mig-15 today, after a paint disaster after the wash, I tried to hide the damage with Noch snow, it sat like that for 8 months, but I never liked it, so I stripped the clear coat off, resprayed the top weathering using a few shades of tamiya green over chipping medium, and weathered a bit more with green and smoke pastels. This weathering is actually based on a photo i saw of an abandoned Mig-15/17/19’s. I still have to varnish the walnut base, and place a few leaves on the ground, but this one is done.

29DD82C9-2B4A-4763-8C8D-AFD982BB1D08.jpeg

16969FBB-9112-438F-8A3C-1113492FE810.jpeg

2D294EFD-FD5C-447E-82E1-A3F979E26A93.jpeg

94BADEF3-A8C2-449C-A64E-700AB93C232D.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1