The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

Been a little busy lately, but I managed to pull two builds back out to start working with again.   Got my Wingnut Albatross and Tamiya Mustang out.  Hoping to maybe get in an airbrush session tomorrow.   Been almost 5 months since I've touched plastic. 

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Looks like  he is handling the 'technical' end of things............ do I see Engineer in the future??

Possibly. He's fairly capable with tools considering he's only 7. He's not bad in the kitchen either. Just needs a bit more patience. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

What is with Hawker and their tubular frame cockpits? Didn't they realize just how hard they were making it for us modelers?:D

PXL_20201014_033155325.thumb.jpg.005a0da4e3fa416635d277343bcd5dbb.jpg

Carl, that looks beefy compared to my MDC resin Hurricane cockpit!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

Carl, that looks beefy compared to my MDC resin Hurricane cockpit!

Bill, the frames were broken in a couple places and there was a lot of weird lumps and flash along most of them. I decided to chance it and glued the breaks and clean things up before removing the pour stubs and it worked out. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, HubertB said:

Rien, zero, zilch, nada ... :)

But then it means I have completed the move to the new house and I have finished resetting the workbench :rolleyes: !

Time to reintroduce sme clutter, methink ;)

i-BNhP8Kv-600x450.jpg

Hubert

I hope you don't mind, Old Buddy, but I saved a pic of your bench for inspiration for my set up that I hope to get right this time, Cathy and I are going to do the same thing, and I get 1/2 a room to do as I see fit, so I am looking for others' ideas on their set ups.... I really like they way you organized this..... great stuff, thanks for showing us this....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

I hope you don't mind, Old Buddy, but I saved a pic of your bench for inspiration for my set up that I hope to get right this time, Cathy and I are going to do the same thing, and I get 1/2 a room to do as I see fit, so I am looking for others' ideas on their set ups.... I really like they way you organized this..... great stuff, thanks for showing us this....

No problem at all :) . Glad to be an inspiration for something, if not for completed models ;) 

Hubert

• Like 7

21 hours ago, HubertB said:

No problem at all :) . Glad to be an inspiration for something, if not for completed models ;) 

Hubert

Thanks, I think the desk I'm going to hopefully use, is wide enough to get the same storage box set up as you have.....or at least some of those storage kits.... your organization is great

• Like 3

A bit of a bench upgrade for me.  I got a new, rolling chair.   and a small wheeled cabinet which will perform a couple tasks...  for instance, the capacious bottom drawer will become my sprue organizer once I decide on how to fit separators innit.

NjWO0u.jpg

I had been using a kitchen chair and a short stool to hold the model box.

• Like 6