The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

13 hours ago, Bill_S said:

The wings on the W.29 have been fighting me all the way. HGW lozenge decals were a disaster.   New Aviattic lozenge decals are on order - maybe I can get the underside painted before they arrive next week!

Bill,

I honestly hate covering that much plane in decals.  No matter how good the decals are.  I've been seriously considering making masks.  But I'm sure that will lead to another kind of hell.

Good luck!

Gaz

• Like 4

14 hours ago, TJTX said:

Cleaned up the bench to head to work.  Also made room for the starting of my next project.   I owe so much to someone for this opportunity and I hope I can do it justice!

20201123_135832.jpg

I guess what goes around comes around, Tony. I haven't forgotten the favor you did for me!

• Like 5

Mine currently sits proudly on the Shelf of Doom. It has an Aires pit and wheel bays and G-factor legs. I had to sand the back side of the bays to nearly paper thin to get them to fit.

The leading edge slats on the kit are hokey; given the chance to do it over, I'd leave out the PE hinges and glue them in place (that's the part that got me stuck).

The intake covers are a good call, too. Otherwise, you can see through the intakes all the way to the back end. I built intake trunking on mine; a major PITA, but I learned a lot in doing it.

• Like 4

My first build back into the hobby ! First PE,resin and metal landing gear. I liked the way it came out considering.  Also first free hand ab camo.. I have considered doing another. I'll be watching this one !....harv :popcorn:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's a Doyusha 1/12 Lancia Stratos. One of my favourite cars. 

One of the coolest rally cars ever, if not the coolest, a driving wedge with only one purpose, win and it shows, stunner, forget about actual design.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

So in rigging the Camel I broke every 0.3mm drill trying to clean the rod turnbuckles........so have to order some more.............so this is the bench.......

That's not a bench, it's a vacuum :D. Meanwhile you can try to use the tip of a scalpel for cleaning up the tubes.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Flies.  Well...  A fly.  First he landed on the figure I had been working on.  But by the time I had grabbed the camera he was on the cupola.  I tried to shoo him towards the figure, but he didn't follow orders.

MuFtSH.jpg

He even landed for a ha;lf a second on the face of another figure that was standing up...  but before I could swing the camera, he was off again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, krow113 said:

Careful with saran wrap as masking.

The paint drys on it then will flake off when manipulated or during the next spray session.

Thanks, Carl. Actually, there is frisket film right by the fuselage; the saran is just there to prevent overspray on the wings.

• Like 2