The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Weekend with my wife

• Administrators

Joy and I took a few days of “Us” time. No internet, no phone, no models, no other family, no TV, nothing. Just the two of us in a log cabin 175 miles southeast of northwest, in the middle of nowhere. 

We told exactly three people we wouldn’t be around, and one of them is on this site. To put it as nicely as I can, we needed this. We both h work 12 hour days and needed this. 

A few pics of our backyard.  

B1D896F9-9735-4C30-B887-015688CCC3BE.jpeg

D7D77B1C-09B2-4529-8851-62E260CA2B0C.jpeg

66093EE4-DEC2-40CF-A60D-F0BA8B9B839C.jpeg

85F516E2-013B-4378-AD41-DB71B1F28956.jpeg

F50A933D-28AC-4481-A7A0-CA563FEF6612.jpeg

• Like 12

Great times!  We have a trip coming up to Jackson Hole.  Wife is taking CEU classes, I’m taking a relaxation break.  Not as nice sounding as our Maui trip 3 years ago.  But non the less, a place I’ve never been and we are taking a day to drive over to Yellowstone Park. 

Even being empty nesters, we still need the get always to keep from doing home chores and a vacation without inviting all the kids to show up. 

• Like 5

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Great times!  We have a trip coming up to Jackson Hole.  Wife is taking CEU classes, I’m taking a relaxation break.  Not as nice sounding as our Maui trip 3 years ago.  But non the less, a place I’ve never been and we are taking a day to drive over to Yellowstone Park. 

Even being empty nesters, we still need the get always to keep from doing home chores and a vacation without inviting all the kids to show up. 

My CZ was on my hip, though. Copperheads and Cottonmouths are always an ever present threat. Also Timber Rattlers

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

My CZ was on my hip, though. Copperheads and Cottonmouths are always an ever present threat. Also Timber Rattlers

Oh yum............................... NOT.................................................................................... I am NOT a snake guy...... I'd rather fight a Griz with a switch , than encounter a snake ............ just sayin....

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

We drove 20 miles to the Red River and found the best fried catfish in Oklahoma. 

The view overlooking the Red River Valley. 

8BA52EB5-0DCE-4FBC-BD15-BFF74171F4C9.jpeg

A65D3450-9E66-4970-A3A2-37134D58BC42.jpeg

FC10BDF3-AC4F-46C6-83C0-299324E175CF.jpeg

Its good to get away.

Are you at the WIldcatter Steakhouse in these pics?

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, 1to1scale said:

Its good to get away.

Are you at the WIldcatter Steakhouse in these pics?

Nope, McGeehee's catfish in Marietta, Ok.  We found this place quite by chance a number of years back. They had a grass strip for small planes, and we dropped in to see what the fuss was about. We got fed like kings, so we made sure to come back at least once a year.  A couple years ago their strip got flooded, then they turned it into a hayfield due to rising insurance costs. So now, you have to drive, and it's kind of out of the way to get there.

Helicopters still drop in fairly often though, so they still get some air traffic, but when we flew in a couple times there must have been 40 planes there on a Saturday afternoon. 

Good times, and the best fried catfish within 1000 miles.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Jackson Hole is a wonderful place! I would recommend more than a day at Yellowstone, though - it's huge!

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Jackson Hole is a wonderful place! I would recommend more than a day at Yellowstone, though - it's huge!

I agree, Bill, Cathy and I were there a few years ago, and we did a 'chuck wagon' ride, it was awesome, best baked beans ever ! I tried to get the recipe but they said NO ! Damn, they were good....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Unfortunately, we only have one day available.  And Jackson Hole is crazy expensive in June.  Especially when there is a conference for CRNA's filling up all the rooms.

Then my advice would be to get to Old Faithful as early as possible. There's a huge parking lot, but later in the day it can be near impossible to find a spot!

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ScottsGT said:

Unfortunately, we only have one day available.  And Jackson Hole is crazy expensive in June.  Especially when there is a conference for CRNA's filling up all the rooms.

Sort of like Chattanooga being an inexpensive place to visit. Unless of course there's 10,000 rabid plastic model hoarders coming to town in August

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Then my advice would be to get to Old Faithful as early as possible. There's a huge parking lot, but later in the day it can be near impossible to find a spot!

Old Faithful is in Yellowstone. That's not Jackson Hole, is it?  We saw Old Faithful 5 years ago.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Old Faithful is in Yellowstone. That's not Jackson Hole, is it?  We saw Old Faithful 5 years ago.

It is indeed, Ernie - but the two parks are very close to each other. Scott is planning a day in Yellowstone.

• Like 4

• Administrators

OK, I get it. Yellowstone was neat, although the fact that were driving around on the floor of a 60 mile wide paper thin lava dome never quite left my conscience.  The awesome power of nature sitting right underfoot is very apparent there.

Come to think of it, one road we were on had the pavement turn liquid about 4 hours after we passed by. Apparently a fissure opened up and melted the roadway. the folks on the other side had to backtrack for a 100 mile detour to get around. :)  

• Like 4