The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HobbyBoss A-26 Invader: Holy Thread Drift, Batman!

Clunkmeister

OBC

Old Boys Club

An acronym for a group of guys who create a singular 'club' then use it to dink over anyone they don't like.

The guy in question here is there for the money and that's why they keep him there. He is in the club and he's there for the exposure for his work and the 'protection' of the OBC in charge.

This forum is as it is because ( I think) there are a number here who are sick of the OBC dynamic and just want to have fun.

The guy in question also sells P/E flying wire , which to my knowledge does not work , myself and others spending 100's of dollars on it. But we're not allowed to say that lest we say something bad about an OBC member.

Keep that hypocrisy over there where they have a handle on it

Losing good modellers at an exponential rate because of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

He does this on a regular basis, and continues to get a pass on it.

He complained long and hard about the pre-release photos of ZM's Ta-152 kit almost a decade ago, where the panel above the heat exchange was shown elevated in some shots. To the point where his behaviour was becoming embarrassing, and I called him on it. Following that, he deleted all his posts, then complained to Kevin Futter, who expected me to apologise. The complely ironic thing about it, is that he now stocks ZM kits on his online shop!

And were he on this Site carrying on in the manner he has for he last week elsewhere, I'd have called him on it as well (much as Rog did)... Fine upstanding Member of the Modelling community or not.

Pretty sure he does R&D and designs kits for ZM now, could be wrong, but I dont think so.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wumm said:

OBC?

I must say, I never experienced any of that kind of service from TOS.

Although in hindsight, LSP_Matt did his level best to screw me over though!

:rofl: ... OBC ... Classic ...

Interesting about LSP_Matt ...

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

He does this on a regular basis, and continues to get a pass on it.

He complained long and hard about the pre-release photos of ZM's Ta-152 kit almost a decade ago, where the panel above the heat exchange was shown elevated in some shots. To the point where his behaviour was becoming embarrassing, and I called him on it. Following that, he deleted all his posts, then complained to Kevin Futter, who expected me to apologise. The complely ironic thing about it, is that he now stocks ZM kits on his online shop!

And were he on this Site carrying on in the manner he has for he last week elsewhere, I'd have called him on it as well (much as Rog did)... Fine upstanding Member of the Modelling community or not.

I smell favouritism in the air regularly ... I honestly think that they're scared of losing him to the forum.

46 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Pretty sure he does R&D and designs kits for ZM now, could be wrong, but I dont think so.

It sure looks like it with the amount of hyperbolic enthusiasm displayed. More's the pity ... I wonder how that will go when they reject one of his suggestions??

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69
*** I had to edit that last post ... I did something I swore I'd never do - and had to delete ... sorry folks, only human ***
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

And now, not only are Slander and Personal attacks condoned over there...

IMG_20191206_083239.thumb.jpg.b8827d32d217de02125d5f00326faf14.jpg

But defended by the Staff!

IMG_20191206_075314.thumb.jpg.9330b2d9cce96eb1f257bd261f52de10.jpg

But what else would one expect?

On 11/12/2019 at 9:02 AM, Artful69 said:

Interesting about LSP_Matt ...

The short version (for those interested)...

In the mid-2000's, I visited Melbourne for Model Expo and stayed at Matt Gannon's Mother's house along with Mike O'Leary (LSP_Mike). I left a significant amount of resin detail sets there, somewhere in the vicinity of $600-$700 worth. I tried at various times over the years to meet up with him again whenever I went to Melbourne, or have him return them to me by post. All to no avail.

By early 2015, my former Partner was very sick with Breast Cancer and MS, and she was struggling financially despite me giving her a third of my take home pay every week. I emailed Matt to try to get these sets back so that I could sell them at the local swap meet here in Brisbane, and he conceded to do so and asked me to send a definitive list. I did so... And at that point he "went dark" (as Jennings so eloquently puts it) me, and then banned me from LSP... This after being told to "f*** off" in a PM by LSP_Ron of course.

Karen took her own life in June 2015. Leaving aside that I considered him a friend, one might hope for just a slight amount of compassion or Humanity? Apparently not...

What a fine bunch of Country Gents they are, the lot of them.

• Like 1

Geez, me to Wumm, the guy that told you to fall out was pretty much the reason I left as well..... I didn't have much to say over there, but I kind of felt an 'edge' to it all, now I see what was really going on...... such a sad story, I always thought model guys were honest and forthright................. is it the world we now live in?   Geez...................

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:35 AM, Wumm said:

And now, not only are Slander and Personal attacks condoned over there...

But defended by the Staff!

I agree with the notion ... and it falls in line with the "favouritism" comment I made earlier ...

However, while I'm the first person who would suggest that 'J' can be more than a little obnoxious with his commentary ... This case doesn't appear to be all that "clear cut" ... Please note that I have no dog in that fight - nor do I know ALL of the facts.

Iain, on the balance, tends to be a fairly reasonable sort ... J didn't mention any names - so I'm leery of jumping to conclusions ... my only questions would be ...

Did the particular person PROMISE to complete something for someone, without stating any conditions prior to? Did they, indeed 'go dark'? Was the promised work not completed (irrespective of the reasons)? ... If so ... and other people were contributing/waiting on the said person to fulfil their promise ... I'd suggest that J (and Iain) may have a point ... Maybe not so eloquently put - but a point nonetheless.

----------------

Maybe it's just the way in which I was raised? - I never promise to do something unless I'm sure I can do it - VERY cagey about agreeing to anything actually ... I ALWAYS overestimate the time required to do the task, so there's a better than even chance I can deliver on my promise early (I actually learned that one in customer service management roles) ... If - for some mitigating circumstance, I cannot complete what I said I would do - I advise the involved parties ASAP (i.e. as soon as I'm aware) and ASK for either 1/ a deferral ... or 2/ removal from the task altogether if the delay will be outside of any reasonable guideline ... the mitigating circumstance matters not ... I was raised that my "word is my bond and therefore the measure of my character" ... Quite often, when I was younger (and much to my chagrin and embarrassment, I will add), I was forced (by my father) to complete tasks that I had frivolously promised to complete - In situations that were no longer convenient for me ... be it that I wanted to go to the movies with my friends ... or that I just wasn't feeling all that well. My father always drilled into me that a "man who doesn't keep his word cannot be trusted" ... Like I said ... Maybe just the way in which I was raised ... but it's always made me the most trusted confidant by friends and one of the most trusted staff members by employers.

Rog :)

• Like 3

• Administrators

I'll add my .02 to this whole thing, although I've tried to keep from commenting on this.

I consider the person in question a very dear personal friend of mine, but that's a personal relationship in which we have mutual respect for each other.  I'd trust him with the keys to my home and my bank account number. (That's alot of trust) As far as online stuff goes, I have no idea, I've no real clue, never really looked. 

But, all that aside, I've tried to just let all that old stuff drift away in the rear view mirror and move on with life. I love it here on LSM. The people are friendly, there are a whole bunch of world class builders here, and nobody is in serious competition with each other. Except for John, who wants to build an entire Marine Air Group before anyone else. (And we all sit back and watch in awe). 

Every now and then though, I look over there and see a decent conversation suddenly go pear shaped because a few folks insist on being overly combative and creating stupidity out of thin air.    Like someone left a switch aligned the wrong way and you you were powerless to take your eyes off the 65 mph trainwreck as it happened in real time.  A shame if you ask me. And to me, they often seem catalyzed by JH himself. 

But there's room on the internet for a couple really good Large Scale sites.  In my opinion, we have a huge advantage over them in that we also feature, allow, and even encourage armor. It's not pushed down around here. Nobody busts your backside for building something different.  Yes, aircraft are the big draw these days, but most aircraft modellers also dabble in armor. Some more than others.   

I shake my head at the moderating style over there, but it's their site, and if they wish to nuke it like that, that’s their decision, we have nothing to do with it, and more power to them if that’s the direction and image they wish to project. Personally, I have no desire to be an internet cop.  I'm the most junior of the Staff here, but with many of the members here being in Western Europe and North America, I'm on when y'all are, so I can keep an eye out when y'all report the inevitable spam. I actually installed an extra PC and monitor in my office that stays on all the time for that exact reason. 

LSM is growing, thanks to all y’all, and more and more come over here to showcase their work and join the conversation as well. I often get comments on the quality of the builds here, but what I'm ALWAYS told is how incredibly relaxed and easygoing we all are here.  That's on you folks. Goodness always seems to attract goodness. 

You guys are awesome.  Thanks for making LSM a great site and let's continue to build and show off the awesome talent that is here. More than anything else,  the incredible raw modelling talent on display here is what makes people come here to visit.

Every single person here makes me push my skills to their absolute limit, and if we continue to share, we all learn new techniques so we can take our builds to the next level.

.02 from me to you.

One final edit here: I absolutely hold no grudge, dislike, hate, discontent, or grumble towards the other site.  I absolutely wish them the best, and I truly hope and pray they can fix whatever ails their place, because as of right now, it often seems full of nasty internet poison.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators
2 hours ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Ernie, you da man! :unworthy:

Ron, I’m truly sick of the discontent. We don’t have it here and everyone here works long and hard to keep it that way.

And by everyone, I mean y’all, not the staff.  James has had to stomp one or two fires set by outsiders, but I can honestly say that my job here has been 99% spam stomper and 1% thread relocation technician. 

• Like 2

Firstly, thanks to those of you who have expressed their compassion on the matters I highlighted above. It is a comfort; and completely consistent with the vibe that exists here, that makes this the fantastic Modelling site it is.

The Large Scale Planes site often treads a very fine line, and I predict that one day it's going to seriously backfire on them.

In the pertinent thread, JH in my opinion defamed an un-named individual. His comments implied that the said individual (whom he does not know) was being paid for his work, was being deliberately evasive in his dealings, and was therefore unreliable as a Designer. DJ then interjected, claiming that he knows the individual personally, that he was responsible for bringing the individual into the project, and that JH's assertions were wrong.

At this point, JH had an opportunity to retract his statements or apologise. Rather than do this, he instead doubled down, claiming it was what he was told by the Company, rather than a specific individual (which seems unlikely - if you're defending a position due to a third party's information, you name that individual.) Furthermore, an LSP Staff member specifically defended JH's position... Subsequently, another LSP Staff member suggested that JH was being picked on, and that everyone should move on - this comment was liked by 3 other LSP Staff members.

It matters not if JH got the design team together, nor if others disagree with his position. He should not be allowed to defame others without evidence. The discussion should stand be allowed to continue on it's merits... Otherwise why have a discussion Forum at all. You would think that a Carriage service like LSP would want to ensure that false assertions are not being made with their express consent. 5 Staff members siding with JH strongly implies consent.

The Large Scale Planes site is registered in Australia. The man paying the bills is listed at an address in Victoria for those wishing to do a simple search. Recently, Australian Law was clarified so far as defamatory statements made online. By actively participating in this thread with possible defamatory statements made by a Forum member, and specifically endorsing those comments, LSP Staff are in my opinion opening themselves unnecessarily to possible legal action.

https://corrs.com.au/insights/innocent-dissemination-and-secondary-publisher-defences-no-longer-available-to-owners-of-facebook-pages-nsw-supreme-court

They can consider themselves warned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Wumm, I can say with absolute certainty that at times, it’s easy to forget that you’re a member of the Staff, and end up just thinking of yourself as a regular guy when liking something or not liking something. I’ve done it personally, so trust me, it’s easy to do. Not that we have much to worry about here, everyone’s so laid back and all.

I’m not defending anyone there, just pointing out how easy it is to do. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Wumm, I can say with absolute certainty that at times, it’s easy to forget that you’re a member of the Staff, and end up just thinking of yourself as a regular guy liking something or not.  I’ve done it personally, so trust me, it’s easy to do. Not that we have much to worry about here, everyone’s so laid back and all.

I’m not defending anyone there, just pointing out how easy it is to do. 

I realise that Ernie...

But having known Matt, I know how he operates. My Dad was also in the Army and I know how it works.

"Do as I say , not as I do. Don't allow any backchat. Present a united front to the Ranks... whether you're right or wrong. Follow through with the Objective... whether you're right or wrong."

There's a Member over there, who's also on this site. They were having significant trouble with him because he would always refer to Hyperscale as "Hyperwhinge". Rather than moderate his posts or even ban him for these consistent breaches, they wrote a glitch into the site that whenever he wrote "Hyperwhinge" it came out as Hyperscale.

The particular individual is a Doctor by the way. Old Boy's Club, and all that.

P.S. - The friend you knew is gone. He believes in defamation without evidence now. Pity.

IMG_20191207_141232.thumb.jpg.204879bf351c1f1d2f870f5a26955769.jpg

• Administrators

Back in the days of my idiocy, I was known to have, on occasion, referred to said site as “Diaperscale”  obviously to do with the whining. I, as well, was corrected.

I was an NCO in the Army. Officers got out of our way. They were the Policy Wonks, we were the movers and shakers. We learned to let the Officers set their policy, and we’d implement it in our way. It’d get done, but in such a way that caused the least disruption to operational readiness.  Woe to the Officer who tried to micro manage his NCOs. They generally ended up corrected by the RSM, (an NCO otherwise known by all as GOD), transferred out, or fragged. 

My personal belief is that it’ll all sort itself out over here. I hope it does. They, like us, have much to offer the community.  But not if they continue to blow others off with silliness.

• Like 3