The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HobbyBoss A-26 Invader: Holy Thread Drift, Batman!

Clunkmeister

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 2:00 PM, Wumm said:

There's another thread where two of the usual suspects are bickering about the width of slats on a plastic model kit; because they've both seen it and had hands on it, this is enough to validate their opinion over that of the other. And any opinion to the contrary is somehow seen as a personal attack.

...and on it goes.

That thread about Me 262 slats somehow morphed into an argument about panel lines on P-51 wings of all things. Finally, someone in Authority had the intestinal fortitude to make them get their hands off it and put their pee-wee's away (his own words BTW), and shut it down.

So then, one of the principal Offenders with a major chip on his shoulder starts a new thread, complaining about not being able to continue the argument he was a party to, yet somehow blaming the other Contributor for personal attacks while absolving himself of any responsibility, and lamenting that the behaviour he himself was party to never used to happen there!

It's just all so ridiculous and absurd, that it's completely laughable!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Details aside, as crazy is that all is, Radu is a friend to many of us here. 

Yes, he is a good guy, I have met him in person, not questioning that at all. There are a lot of harsh personalities over there that like to fight in threads, just another example it that thread. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

Yes, he is a good guy, I have met him in person, not questioning that at all. There are a lot of harsh personalities over there that like to fight in threads, just another example it that thread. 

I think the main thing is they blamed many that are here now for the continued unrest on T.O.S back before the"exodus". Seems pretty peaceful here.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

I think the main thing is they blamed many that are here now for the continued unrest on T.O.S back before the"exodus". Seems pretty peaceful here.

Yeah, but I think Ernie was behind the latest unrest, in a “Bay of pigs” kind of way! :sofa:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Too funny reading this.

Model forums of the lisp type are 'modelled' on the OBC theme , the OBC theme is a pyramid.

The pyramid has peeps on top who are in charge.

The rest try to be like them, acting like they are the epitome of the genre. Stronger f'ed up sentiment from the top down.

So there is a natural competition , in earlier times this would separate the wheat from the chaff.

Now we live in a 'participants award ' society where the proven modellers are lumped in with the beginners and unproven. 

They think that's a level playing field , 

So as the peeps at the top of the pyramid will go after anyone who disagrees with them , they have the tools to destroy reputations , and disinform their minions as they see fit.

The OBC only promotes those at the top , and creates an unhealthy attitude and the type of dispute heavy threads described here.

Being banned for life from a prat laden forum such as that isn't a big deal , It proved to me that popularity over there is more important than any kind of rational discussion.

Most of the guys I can get along with go there , get disgusted , and leave for more rational forums.

Any way The Gotha beckons and the mill is running.....

• Like 4

Whatever one feels about what's going on there, (where the usual offendants have been and are still left with a free rein that lets them believe they can write anything), I feel it is a bit unfair to comment dismissively here of people who, for some, do not even belong to this place (and others did but have been thrown out). Let's be better than that. We can criticise behaviours,or attitudes, but this should stop before the "he is like this or that" comment, IMHO.

Just my :2c:.

Hubert

PS: btw, back to this thread's original title, the cowlings of the painted A-26 in one of the pics do not look THAT bad ;)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Details aside, as crazy as that all is, Radu is a friend to many of us here. 

Yes, he is. He's even a Member here, although rarely contributes, which in and of itself is puzzling. The particular individual he keeps waging a personal war against has actually been banned from this Site; Radu could save himself a lot of grief by simply avoiding that Site altogether, rather than continue to conduct petty slanging matches in an environment that refuses to enforce their own rules.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 1to1scale said:

... But, I believe Radub was probably the primary instigator ...

Oh he WAS .. no "probably" about it!! ... Standard MO ... Starts flinging poo around and then cries foul when someone returns serve ...

Rog :)

• Like 1

Well, as should have been expected, the whole thread initiated by Radu was deleted ... :( 

Somehow, especially after Mark Proulx’s post, which deserved the title for post-of-the-year, for mentioning the degrading tone of LSP in the last months, and saying this was a shared view about LSP in many forums, I was hoping this would be kept, although fearing it would not... 

Unfortunately, the team there do not seem able to grasp their drift, and change their modus operandi ... so sad, for a site which was my surrogate family for 10 years, and where I left many friends. But then, I kept a lot of them on LSM ;) ...

Hubert

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HubertB said:

Well, as should have been expected, the whole thread initiated by Radu was deleted ... :( 

Somehow, especially after Mark Proulx’s post, which deserved the title for post-of-the-year, for mentioning the degrading tone of LSP in the last months, and saying this was a shared view about LSP in many forums, I was hoping this would be kept, although fearing it would not... 

Unfortunately, the team there do not seem able to grasp their drift, and change their modus operandi ... so sad, for a site which was my surrogate family for 10 years, and where I left many friends. But then, I kept a lot of them on LSM ;) ...

Hubert

My friend, I know how you feel. As you may well know, I was part of the "family" for quite some time. And I loved being there till......

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, harv said:

My friend, I know how you feel. As you may well know, I was part of the "family" for quite some time. And I loved being there till......

I was there for over 8 years. I too thought of it as my main modeling site and had many friends there. I finally got fed up with all the BS and heavy handedness of the admins and had to bail. The day I bailed I posted a bye bye and it was deleted right away. SOP for those people.

Seems like this has deviated significantly from the original posting.

• Like 3

Model forums accentuate and promote hypocrisy.

As I said earlier they can be  the epitome of the OBC mentality.

When they get out of control ,as is clearly the case with lisp , good modellers vacate at an exponential rate.

I go there now just to see the latest kiddie games as there are few good modellers left there.

Admin there in my opinion has their collective heads inserted in dark anal holes.

They will support who is good for the OBC , and trash anyone else. 

As they did me , long ago and with no regrets from myself.

There is another forum , built by a superb world renowned modeller (  like Swannys page was ) that has recently changed hands .

I went to that forum as its singular subject afforded it as one of the best out there . The incredible skills of the forum creator were apparent in the models he built.

The goof who is the owner now cant build a model to save his life , his one post was laughable at best ,

His first action ?

Hold a group build in honor of the forums creator , in which all participants received a prize EXCEPT ME , some participants received double prizes 

. A clear and most chickenshit action by guys who claim the right based on the forums creator.

My THe Gotha thread there was bringing in up to 150 views A DAY!  Bringng in new modellers and old and a lot of interest to the forum, It is also the most views out of ALL of the forums content IN THE HISTORY OF THAT FORUM.

THIS IS HOW THE OBC WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the sleazy cowardly 'payback'  from administration THERE , I found it not worth the time.

No big secret , the OBC has ruined the world and a lot of peeps mental state.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Oh he WAS .. no "probably" about it!! ... Standard MO ... Starts flinging poo around and then cries foul when someone returns serve ...

Rog :)

He does this on a regular basis, and continues to get a pass on it.

He complained long and hard about the pre-release photos of ZM's Ta-152 kit almost a decade ago, where the panel above the heat exchange was shown elevated in some shots. To the point where his behaviour was becoming embarrassing, and I called him on it. Following that, he deleted all his posts, then complained to Kevin Futter, who expected me to apologise. The complely ironic thing about it, is that he now stocks ZM kits on his online shop!

And were he on this Site carrying on in the manner he has for he last week elsewhere, I'd have called him on it as well (much as Rog did)... Fine upstanding Member of the Modelling community or not.

• Like 2