The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Not into armor much...

smitty44

No. Funny thing is I got my MA in Special Ed a year ago and I did my student teaching at the same high school I already worked as a teacher assistant. While catching a ride home with my supervising teacher whose class I took over as my assignment, we got to discussing old jobs. She told me she helped her dad with his business selling action figures online and a trade shows. I asked her what type of figures and she said, "They were big soldiers from some company called Dragon." She put herself through college selling 1/6 scale military toys. Her dad is still active at shows but the basement of his house is full of that stuff. He had a workshop where I saw a Sd.Kfz 231 being built. He has a 1/6 Stuka hanging in his office. It is amazing.

• Like 5

I have the Dragon 1/6 Sherman, and YES it is humongous!!! I started it but want to make it into an M4A3 (76)W but I need a different turret and its fiberglass/resin and $250.00 dollars. It needs alot of other stuff to make it into a 76mm cannoned one, so saving my pennys for all the stuff to finish it.

Actually it is a 1/35 scale Dragon Sherman scaled up to 1/6 scale.

Ron G 

• Like 5

I picked up one as well. Plan is to build a full RC USMC M4A2.

I have purchased many, many detail sets from East Coast Armory and the RC conversion sets from Spyker Workshop.

Not sure when it will make it to the work bench but it's in the mix.

Barry

• Like 4

15 hours ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Good; you can use it to help this tank mop up the resistance. The Pacific is kind of far from France, though, isn't it?

D37lm0h.jpg

I think they may belong to one of those lost Japanese garrisons that didn't know the war ended?

• Like 5

On 1/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Good; you can use it to help this tank mop up the resistance. The Pacific is kind of far from France, though, isn't it?

D37lm0h.jpg

Very nice Firefly; is it yours?

• Like 1

Man think about the work to finish that thing the right way.

Gallon of Tamiya putty to texture the hull and turret, and a larger brush to stipple it with!

Me thinks this thing could cast it's own shadows so no pre-shading with your automotive sprayer.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, biggtim said:

Ho-lee chit!!

The only drawback I can see to the 1/16 and 1/6 tanks is that the kits all seem to be made for R/C, which makes them cost more. I would like a 1/16 one that is just a static kit.

Trumpeter have a good foundation with the Panzer IV for other vehicle mods etc.

Panda have a great base for Hetzer and other 38t derivatives.

A proper Trumpeter Sherman family would be well received i'm sure.

• Like 3