The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

DeHaviland aircraft you'd like in large scale?

I wanted an early (WWII version) of the Meteor, I bought the later variant from HKM and was hoping Fisher would do a back date set but alas the fire put Fisher out of business and HKM never released and early variant. And yes a Vampire would be an excellent choice !

• Like 4

I hope the project I initiated but then decided to let someone else complete it - in the hope it would be done faster, if at all - will come to see the light of day: the DH-89 Dragon Rapide :wub:

Although, judging by the slow returns of the guy who is supposed to have taken over, I am not that optimistic nowadays ...:unsure:

Hubert

• Like 3

Well, it looks like the project for a DH-89 Dragon Rapide I initiated will never see the light of day, in the end. But the good news is Lukgraph will soon release a 1/32 kit :wub: ! My dream is fulfilled, even if this launch means my investment of a few years back seems wasted ...

Hubert

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Dekenba said:

Lukgraph's DH.89 Dragon Rapide is soon to see the light of day. I was browsing through an old Aeroplane magazine, and these caught my eye...

49810317011_c4ed748ccc_3k.jpgDH.89 Germany i by dekenba1, on Flickr

49810617572_043aaa9d3e_c.jpgDH.89 Germany ii by dekenba1, on Flickr

49810617602_0a72bf3cb7_h.jpgDH.89 Germany iii by dekenba1, on Flickr

Aaaaargh ! Why spoil the gorgeous design of the Rapide with a #& »! Swastika ? :)

Hubert

PS: and, of course, I have duly preordered the Lukgraph kit ;) 

• Like 4

Guest Dekenba
2 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Aaaaargh ! Why spoil the gorgeous design of the Rapide with a #& »! Swastika ? :)

Hubert

PS: and, of course, I have duly preordered the Lukgraph kit ;) 

It was the colour that caught my eye - not many chances to model a bright yellow 1/32 aeroplane kit exist these days.

I've also pre-ordered. Genius choice of subject by Lukgraph.

7 minutes ago, Dekenba said:

It was the colour that caught my eye - not many chances to model a bright yellow 1/32 aeroplane kit exist these days.

I've also pre-ordered. Genius choice of subject by Lukgraph.

There are plenty of civilian guises for this one, with all the colors of the rainbow ...

I agree with you: it is a genius choice, and that’s why I started the project of a 1/32 resin Dragon Rapide in 2012. So I guess it also makes me a genius ;) ... The only thing is I forgot Edison’s quote about the « 99% perspiration » behind great ideas, and the project got caught in the doldrums of life. I still have an expensive master to tease me about this unfinished stroke of genius :wallbash:

Hubert

• Like 3

Guest Dekenba
2 minutes ago, HubertB said:

There are plenty of civilian guises for this one, with all the colors of the rainbow ...

I agree with you: it is a genius choice, and that’s why I started the project of a 1/32 resin Dragon Rapide in 2012. So I guess it also makes me a genius ;) ... The only thing is I forgot Edison’s quote about the « 99% perspiration » behind great ideas, and the project got caught in the doldrums of life. I still have an expensive master to tease me about this unfinished stroke of genius :wallbash:

Hubert

Don't feel too bad Hubert, without your 2012 project, I'm sure the Lukgraph kit would not be around today.

I think there's an unwritten rule that all 1/32 injected plastic projects are only allowed if there is a resin equivalent that hasn't quite been finished.....