Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Share how COVID-19 Quarantine has affected you.

1to1scale

Sorry, I was referring to your mention of people having diametrically opposed information. There is so much crap going around on the subject that going back to basics, i.e. listening to experts and scientific explanations rather than trusting gut-feeling is necessary IMHO.

And I certainly did not want to inundate anyone with pop-ups through the link. Really sorry about that.

I would recommend a search « Los Angeles Times the science behind coronavirus «  to anyone interested. Just be aware that whilst the man is a genuine doctor with expertise in the field, he is also the owner of The L.A. Times.

Hubert

• Like 4

Thank you.

Some times the barrage of info , and trying to sort it out , can be overwhelming. I moved here to get away from social 'clutter' and vindictive types , etc.

Its any thing but less where I am , and unforseen and alarming reality.

As the newpapers owner and proponent of the info , those are 2 strikes out for me.

If history has shown us anything its that the media has a singular purpose. , generally facts have little to do with it.

I'll wait it out , I ve got lots to do.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, HubertB said:

Sorry, I was referring to your mention of people having diametrically opposed information. There is so much crap going around on the subject that going back to basics, i.e. listening to experts and scientific explanations rather than trusting gut-feeling is necessary IMHO.

And I certainly did not want to inundate anyone with pop-ups through the link. Really sorry about that.

I would recommend a search « Los Angeles Times the science behind coronavirus «  to anyone interested. Just be aware that whilst the man is a genuine doctor with expertise in the field, he is also the owner of The L.A. Times.

Hubert

Agreed there, Hubert.  In this Country at least, everything, and I mean EVERY THING you see, read, touch, hear, or interact with has to be looked at with some bit of minor suspicion of whatever it is you're looking at being overly or underhandedly influenced by political opportunism.

It's a sad fact of our times here. This Country is pretty much equally divided 45/10/45, 45% liberal, 10% undecided, and 45% conservative, and each and every thing we consume or experience has political undertones these days. Even stupid kid's cartoons.

I've taken to listening to Dr. Fauchi when he gives his briefings every day. He's a bigshot immunologist and a qorld expert on infectious diseases so his words carry alot of weight. He's pretty much universally respected, or at least he was until last weekend, when he stated that the President's actions to quickly shut down all air travel from China in the early part of this epidemic, undoubtedly saved many, many lives.  Then, of course, Dr. Fauchi was immediately trashed by the left leaning news orgs as being a traitor, having drank Trump's Kool-Aid, or whatever.   Par for the course. Universally liked, as long as he says what your "side" believes in.

I'm not the only one here to look at this whole thing with utter dismay. Not for my business, not for our life's savings, not for the uncertainty of my employees lives, but instead, for the uncertainty of when Wingnuts will release the Handley Pages and Lancasters.  LOLOLOL  (Hey this is America. It's all about ME, right?)

:151_41_44_712.06380630013627764:poo::rofl::stirthepot:

• Like 6

Well I too have joined the ranks of the furloughed. My new title is 'Mr Mom' until April 10th lol.  Working retail I figured it would happen sooner or later. Luckily I am financially solid and able to handle it for awhile (learned that hard lesson many years ago) and have the stash to keep me busy. Also i'm lucky my wife works in a financial institution so is an 'essential' worker. She has little contact with the general public so  that is a major plus in this uncertain times. we shall see how this plays out.....

• Like 5

I don't want to spread panic, guys. Like me most of you have a well filled stash, which will last for an eternity, BUT It's always the little things which are missing when you start a project, some AM here and finally, ups, I haven't noticed that my RLM 66 supplies are down. What to do with all these kits when there is no glue available.
There is no pure alcohol in the shops to clean a kit before airbrushing and did I mention masking tape :D.
But as I said, no panic here, we will survive and we will build the kits, learning to improvise more, you now, some old school approaches like building Airfix kits as a kid with brush paint jobs, using Colours which were mentioned for a fence renovation.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

I am still working. We are quite busy at work and deliveries are going ahead with social distancing rules applying. Traffic is generally light and there are hardly any Children in the School zones despite Schools being open here, so it's actually a very enjoyable time out on the roads.

My Wife's workplace can't get parts, as they've closed the Docks to Shipping. They let go 60 staff on Monday, and they've been told that may not be the end of it. Her Mum inspects Properties for a Real Estate company, and they're not allowed into people's houses at the moment so she's been stood down... Her B/F lost his job two weeks ago, so they have no income at the moment. 

My Daughter is a Fast Food store Manager, and was at home and due to be tested as she had flu like symptoms over the weekend. Similarly, I have a Cousin in Rockhampton who works in the Mines out west; he is in isolation as he was on a contact trace list. My 83 year old Mum is bringing his food and supplies during his quarantine. I really hope she isn't going into the house; she tells me she's not but I'm worried all the same.

Australia's tally: 2136 total cases, 8 fatalities, 11 serious or critical cases as at 24/3/20

S

• Like 4

I consider myself lucky, I pretty much live the life of a hermit anyway so the stay at home order isn't that much of a bother. I can still go the usual places, grocery, pharmacy, to the park for a walk, etc. I'm retired so as long as the government doesn't run out of money I'll still have income. I live in a rural area so contact with others is minimal. My big concern is more along the lines of security. The longer this lasts the more desperate some will become and I'm afraid more civil disobedience will occur, it has prompted me to get out firearms that haven't seen the light of day for years and get them cleaned and checked out. Living in an rural area means response time can be longer and with fewer witnesses one can become a tempting target. I hope it doesn't come to that but the whole situation is unsettling none the less !

• Like 6

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DocRob said:

I don't want to spread panic, guys. Like me most of you have a well filled stash, which will last for an eternity, BUT It's always the little things which are missing when you start a project, some AM here and finally, ups, I haven't noticed that my RLM 66 supplies are down. What to do with all these kits when there is no glue available.
There is no pure alcohol in the shops to clean a kit before airbrushing and did I mention masking tape :D.
But as I said, no panic here, we will survive and we will build the kits, learning to improvise more, you now, some old school approaches like building Airfix kits as a kid with brush paint jobs, using Colours which were mentioned for a fence renovation.

Cheers Rob

Rob, I'm one of those guys who uses RLM66 for just about everything, so when I get down to two bottles, I start breaking out in a cold sweat

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Old Dog said:

Living in an rural area means response time can be longer and with fewer witnesses one can become a tempting target. I hope it doesn't come to that but the whole situation is unsettling none the less !

Same here. We live near the end of a peninsula. One way in, one way out. The few neighbors we have are all good people. We watch out for one another and help each other. So any strangers in the hood are watched. Everyone here is armed. So far, no cases reported in our county.....harv

• Like 5

Been WFH since last Tuesday. Government announced full lock down from midnight tomorrow for 21 days. I should be able to get some bench time in, but since I can connect remotely , I dont see  that happening. Lot's of panic buying happening at the moment. Stocks are low and lot's of price gouging taking place. The military has also been mobilized. Interesting times ahead. 

• Like 5

Just had the confirmation one of my employees was in hospital with Covid-19, in a serious but stable  - very high fever - condition.

He has felt ill since last friday. As he was still on the company premises on Tuesday the 17th, he was, maybe already infectious ... His mother is also in hospital in a more serious condition. I don’t know which way the infection was transmitted between mother and son.

And some people in this world believe it should be « business as usual » by Easter ? :wtf: :2guns::rtfm: :raincloud:

Hubert

• Like 5

On 3/25/2020 at 12:56 AM, harv said:

Same here. We live near the end of a peninsula. One way in, one way out. The few neighbors we have are all good people. We watch out for one another and help each other.

Overheard in the backwoods of Missouri...

"Don't look Ethel... Harvey's out on the Lake nekkid again!"

Well, it ain't called the 'Show me' State for nothin'.

• Like 9

"Hey out there, all you Cool Cats and Pretty Kitties... Love is free and so is the Breeze... So let's all sit back and relax on a trip into the sunset..."

IMG_20200327_060522.thumb.jpg.f943a858ed75fc8ac8be3989ca018487.jpg

Free your minds, Don't fight the feelin',

Let's join George Benson and all go Breezin'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1